The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia releases 3 Compressors You'll Actually Use Dynamics Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post

But when results are revealed after a week or two and OP say A or B is hardware then you see 14 988 people jump in a thread with comments like : yeeeah it's so obvious A is hardware i can hear it even on my laptop speakers...Mids are so much better

Gimme a break..

This is hilariously true!

To be fair, I have found subtle differences in phase and stereo-imaging between quality hardware vs quality plugins - but these differences cannot make or break a good mix.

I realised that most tracks rarely need more than 1 - 2 individual plugins on them.

Intelligent "group processing" is where most great mixes seem to come together IMHO

Astute tracking & 'decent' front-end will give you the right ingredients to mix your cake.
With intelligent grouping and minimal heavy-handed processing, the differences between hardware & software mixes become irrelevant.

These Arturia compressors maintain the timbre and much of the phase/depth - meaning they really do not flatten/take away the dimension, even when pushed....
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I gotta laugh and enjoy everytime someone report obvious "flattening of sounds" by using plugins yet when asked to provide sound example there is zero examples and crickets chirping in the background.

So...can you please provide a sample of dry sound, then one with added layer of musicality added by hardware 1176, and then please provide one example which is ruined by plugin removing that layer of musicality..

Please can you?

I am reading threads at gearslutz for more then a decade and from what i saw in real world, i mean when someone post A vs B challenge there was about ZERO people which could pick hardware processed sound over plugin processed sound continuously. Statistically it was ZERO. Like literally ZERO!!

One would expect if difference is so flattering and obvious there should be an example by now. I mean it's year 2019.

Noone ever was able to provide any practical example of what you are talking about. Yet you all hear it. (at this point i am starting to think it's in your head)

But when someone ask you to pinpoint it you can not.

Most saddest thing which can happen here is this.

Someone post A vs B challenge. Like asking can you pick which is hardware which is plugin. Then you see thread is visited like 15 000 times in 6 days. (stat is on the right side) yet only like 12 people have enough of courage to comment and vote.

Interesting ha?

But when results are revealed after a week or two and OP say A or B is hardware then you see 14 988 people jump in a thread with comments like : yeeeah it's so obvious A is hardware i can hear it even on my laptop speakers...Mids are so much better

Gimme a break..
This is such an accurate and satisfying answer hahahaha Good one mate!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I gotta laugh and enjoy everytime someone report obvious "flattening of sounds" by using plugins yet when asked to provide sound example there is zero examples and crickets chirping in the background.

So...can you please provide a sample of dry sound, then one with added layer of musicality added by hardware 1176, and then please provide one example which is ruined by plugin removing that layer of musicality..

Please can you?

I.

It would likely be a waste of time regarding opinions anyway. What I have observed is that, any time someone tries to do a true blind study, if the results don't fit the prior prior beliefs of the observer, the observer will simply attack the study. This occurs irrespective of what side of a debate the observer is on.

The French research on " vintage Stradivarius violins versus high quality modern versions found, after exhaustively controlled study, that top flight players were more likely to identify the modern instrument as superior

The response from Stradivarius owners and advocates was that the modern violin might sound better to the player , but the Strad still sounded better to the audience.

Another study demonstrated that vintage guitar advocates could not reliably pick a recording of '58 Les Paul from a recording of a modern re-issue.

The response was that it was suddenly "not just about tone" but that the "responsiveness" of the 58 felt better to players, inspiring them to greater creative heights.

And so on.

I also remember the CLA ITB versus Analog chain mix comparison that was posted on GS, that degenerated at times into arguments that the analog mix had been deliberately screwed up to favor the ITB.

This is why I seldom enter into these debates anymore, because certain things have become articles of faith in the audio community, and there's no point in countering faith with comparisons, studies or logic.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This leads me to one remark : new generation don t give a sh....about that , it s to be put in their credit ....like basically the old generationat start ...they just piked what they could !!! And they made history ...m

Time to move on on those bull**** ... the only area tha hw versus software makes sens is recording ..... in post ...this is nonsense ...
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Gotta say, the more I use these and the preamps the more im loving them. That 1073 beats the IK and Waves and somehow entices me more than Marcone or others. The V76, and the the purple monster, the compressors, and the UI graphics, the sounds, I am beginning to grab at these before anything else. I actually went for the 1073 over the Vpre73, but then I decided to use both, putting the vpre first, then just not using and pre on the Arturia, it was beautiful. I did the same with the Kush N and A.

Im not sure what it is that I am loving so much about these Arturia 6 plugs, but they are just getting to me for some reason.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search