The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Noize Arcade - A free plugin from denise Enhancer Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The Noize Retro - A free plugin from denise (read update in thread)

denise are giving away a limited edition plugin for current and new account holders at denise.io, the plugin is called the ‘Noize Retro’

What is the 'Noize Retro'?

A limited edition plugin based on the Noize plugin, that features one unique adaptive noise type modeled after the noise produced by old-school arcade system boards, used for many popular arcade games since the 70s. The noise generated by Noize Retro sounds dark and gritty, and has a lot more character than regular noise types like white noise. It can make all kinds of sounds - for example: bass, drums, synths and vocals - sound retro and edgy, and enhance their presence in your mix.

A explanation of the 'Noize' plugin:

To get a copy of the plugin yourselves simply go to our website and create an account with us on the dedicated Noise Retro page (at the very bottom of the page) Noize Retro by denise. Are you already an account holder? Then head to your account library to find a copy there.

(This is a pre promotion for the Noize 2.0 which will be launched at the end of this month)

Happy Producing

Last edited by Denise.Audio; 1 week ago at 03:08 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

registered but my account says: "No plugins or instuments in your library yet."

edit: forgot to say thanks! because i'm sure you'll sort it out

Last edited by Dimzo; 2 weeks ago at 08:56 PM.. Reason: edit.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimzo View Post
registered but my account says: "No plugins or instuments in your library yet."

edit: forgot to say thanks! because i'm sure you'll sort it out
Hey Dimzo, we absolutely can sort it out for you!

You have to sign up through the dedicated Noize Arcade page for it to automatically be added to your account, at the very bottom of the page there's a sign up box.

But can you send us an email to [email protected] with the email you used to sign up (or tell us the email you used to sign up), and we can add that to your account for you.

Best
Joe
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post

(This is a pre promotion for the Noize 2.0 which will be launched at the end of this month)
Does that mean that this noise type is gonna be added to Noize 2.0 ?

And is Noize 2.0 gonna be a free update for existing Noize owners ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Sounds great!

@Denise.Audio I just created an account but still haven't received the verification link. It seems that Hotmail/Outlook blocks your e-mail. It's not even in a trash bin... :/

edit: Everything is ok now.

Last edited by J4R10; 2 weeks ago at 04:55 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Does that mean that this noise type is gonna be added to Noize 2.0 ?

And is Noize 2.0 gonna be a free update for existing Noize owners ?
Hi dione,

The 'arcade' noise type is unique to this plugin, but the Noise 2.0 will come with a similar noise type called 'chip'.

Any current owners of the Noise 1 will get an upgrade offer.

I hope that answers your questions!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4R10 View Post
Sounds great!

@Denise.Audio I just created an account but still haven't received the verification link. It seems that Hotmail/Outlook blocks your e-mail. It's not even in a trash bin... :/

edit: Everything is ok now.
Oh great! I was just about to start an investigation into this, so thanks for updating us. Did you find out what the issue was by any chance?

Best,
Joe
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Thumbs up

Quote:
...You have to sign up through the dedicated Noize Arcade page for it to automatically be added to your account, at the very bottom of the page there's a sign up box....

Hey guys, i did that but it wasn't there.
maybe it needed some time because today it is in my account!

Thanks again, i will try it very soon
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimzo View Post
Hey guys, i did that but it wasn't there.
maybe it needed some time because today it is in my account!

Thanks again, i will try it very soon
I'm pleased to hear that it's there now.

Enjoy, Dimzo!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

***UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING THIS PLUGIN***

denise decided to change the name to from Noise Arcade to Noise Retro. This after a request from another audio company feeling it would interfere with their trademark. Arcade is a term made known by Arcade video games, and that's what we were referring to. We thought a common word like 'arcade' would be part of the public domain. You can find a plugin of the newly named plugin at: Noize Retro by denise
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
***UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING THIS PLUGIN***

denise decided to change the name to from Noise Arcade to Noise Retro. This after a request from another audio company feeling it would interfere with their trademark. Arcade is a term made known by Arcade video games, and that's what we were referring to. We thought a common word like 'arcade' would be part of the public domain. You can find a plugin of the newly named plugin at: Noize Retro by denise
Kind of weird. Your product and Output’s loop browser called “Arcade” are totally different categories of product. In my opinion, “Arcade” is a strange name for a sample loop plugin. On the other hand, Noise Arcade seemed like an appropriate name for your plugin.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Kind of weird. Your product and Output’s loop browser called “Arcade” are totally different categories of product. In my opinion, “Arcade” is a strange name for a sample loop plugin. On the other hand, Noise Arcade seemed like an appropriate name for your plugin.
Thanks for your comment Squeegee.

Well, we won't be naming who made the request, but as we are such a new company we don't have the capacity to find out if it's right or wrong at this time. So we made a name change to focus our energy on building our series of plugins. Plus, it's what we're most excited about!

Joe
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

***Competition Post***

denise are launching a flash competion inspired by the Noise Retro and some of the great ideas that people have been sharing with us. We want to give away all denise plugins to two producers with the most interesting use of this plugin.

How do I take part?

Simple, take a 4 bar, 8 bar, or 16 bar loop you've created and be sure to include the most creative use of the Noize Retro with the groove. Use additional plugins if you want, or simply the Noise Retro (To get your copy of the NR, if you don't already have one, go to the dedicated Noize Retro page and create an account there: Noize Retro by denise)
denise will choose the 2 best loops, and the winners get ALL the plugins from the denise range, including the Noize 2 (if you have some plugins already, we will give you what you don't have, to complete your collection).

How do I submit my groove?

Upload your groove to Soundcloud or another audio sharing platform and then on Social media - Share the competion post, mention denise in the post and include the audio link in the comment. In the forums, post your link with the groove in this forum thread.
Competition ends on the 22nd March of March, 10am (CET) (so, 9am GMT, or 5am ET)

Have fun with it and we're excited to see what you guys can come up with!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
***Competition Post***

denise are launching a flash competion inspired by the Noise Retro and some of the great ideas that people have been sharing with us. We want to give away all denise plugins to two producers with the most interesting use of this plugin.

How do I take part?

Simple, take a 4 bar, 8 bar, or 16 bar loop you've created and be sure to include the most creative use of the Noize Retro with the groove. Use additional plugins if you want, or simply the Noise Retro (To get your copy of the NR, if you don't already have one, go to the dedicated Noize Retro page and create an account there: Noize Retro by denise)
denise will choose the 2 best loops, and the winners get ALL the plugins from the denise range, including the Noize 2 (if you have some plugins already, we will give you what you don't have, to complete your collection).

How do I submit my groove?

Upload your groove to Soundcloud or another audio sharing platform and then on Social media - Share the competion post, mention denise in the post and include the audio link in the comment. In the forums, post your link with the groove in this forum thread.
Competition ends on the 22nd March of March, 10am (CET) (so, 9am GMT, or 5am ET)

Have fun with it and we're excited to see what you guys can come up with!
We have a few people submitting their loops already. For anyone who is going to submit one, be sure to check out the posting guidelines mentioned above

We look forward to hearing what you've got for us.

Joe
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Thanks to everyone who submitted a groove/loop for the denise Noise Retro, we've decided on two winners for the contest and they are 'Tusca' and 'Imaginary 191'. Thanks a lot for your submissions guys, be sure to send us an email to [email protected] to collect your prize.

With competitions it's always hard to decide on a winner as there will ways be more good entries than prizes!

Check out the winning grooves/loops below:

Almost (Denise Noize Retro) by Tusca | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Denise Noize Retro contest by Imaginary 191 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Joe
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Nut

Crap ... I missed the 10am part about the 22nd.

Ah well, here was mine.

Wavey Retro Noize by Justified Noise | Free Listening on SoundCloud

:::: ::::: ::::: :::::

Using multiple instances of Noize Retro, a combination of transient sounds, and everyday mixing tools I was able to create every drum sound you hear in this track.

The opening lead sound is also Noize Retro + a resonant key follow'd filter.

I didn't use any reverb on this track.

Kick -- transient click + Noize Retro + resonant filter envelope + additional Noize Retro for high end texture

Snare -- short noiseless snare sound + multiple Noize Retros + eq, compression, etc

Clap -- transient click + 4ish Noize Retros + compression, etc

Noise Wash 1 -- Noize Retro + delays

Noise Wash 2 -- Noize Retro + resonant filter sweep + enveloping

Subtle Noise Texture -- (only in quieter section, used to add some motion to the P-Bass figure)-- Noize Retro + enveloping

Crash / Ride -- transient click + Noize Retros + resonant filter

Hi Hat Closed and Open -- transient click + Noize Retros + compression, etc

Shaker -- transient click + Noize Retros + lots of compression, etc + enveloping

Main Lead Sound -- Noize Retro + super resonant band pass filter

Last edited by justifiednoise; 18 hours ago at 08:04 PM.. Reason: just some added details
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by justifiednoise View Post
Crap ... I missed the 10am part about the 22nd.

Ah well, here was mine.

Wavey Retro Noize by Justified Noise | Free Listening on SoundCloud

:::: ::::: ::::: :::::

Using multiple instances of Noize Retro, a combination of transient sounds, and everyday mixing tools I was able to create every drum sound you hear in this track.

The opening lead sound is also Noize Retro + a resonant key follow'd filter.

I didn't use any reverb on this track.

Kick -- transient click + Noize Retro + resonant filter envelope + additional Noize Retro for high end texture

Snare -- short noiseless snare sound + multiple Noize Retros + eq, compression, etc

Clap -- transient click + 4ish Noize Retros + compression, etc

Noise Wash 1 -- Noize Retro + delays

Noise Wash 2 -- Noize Retro + resonant filter sweep + enveloping

Subtle Noise Texture -- (only in quieter section, used to add some motion to the P-Bass figure)-- Noize Retro + enveloping

Crash / Ride -- transient click + Noize Retros + resonant filter

Hi Hat Closed and Open -- transient click + Noize Retros + compression, etc

Shaker -- transient click + Noize Retros + lots of compression, etc + enveloping

Main Lead Sound -- Noize Retro + super resonant band pass filter
Wow! Sounds great!
Which plugin is doing the resonant key-followed filter?
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Maniac

I really don't understand why it's not just added to the other Noize plug-in.
And the suggestion for a paid upgrade offer for a plug-in that's been released only recently is pretty lame if you ask me.

Anyway, if you like Denise Noize or this freebie, i suggest people take a look at Texture by Devious Machines. Way more enhanced, way more noise shapes plus you can import your own samples and use that as noise...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search