The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The NEW Avid VENUE | S6L-16C live system is here Control Surfaces
Old 6 days ago
News Desk Editor

The NEW Avid VENUE | S6L-16C live system is here

The NEW Avid VENUE | S6L-16C live system is here-16c-front-grey-1500x1000.jpg

The NEW Avid VENUE | S6L-16C live system is here

Deliver the biggest mixes in a small footprint with Avid VENUE | S6L

With live productions growing bigger and more complex, engineers need systems that can handle a wider variety of gigs and installations. That's why the modular Avid VENUE | S6L system has become the choice of engineers for concert tours, festivals, theaters, clubs, and live events of every size. And with the new S6L-16C control surface, plus new software, now available, you gain even faster, easier, and more flexible ways to mix the best sounding show possible.
  • Get massive mixing efficiency with the ultra-compact S6L-16C control surface
  • Mix faster and easier with new VENUE 6.1 software
  • Remotely trigger events with the FREE new Avid VENUE | Function Pad iOS app
Discover the new S6L Unified Platform—the next stage in live sound: Avid VENUE | S6L - Features - Avid
Attached Thumbnails
The NEW Avid VENUE | S6L-16C live system is here-16c-front-grey-1500x1000.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

wow this looks cool. Can this be used purely as a control surface with protools in a studio environment?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac
The Venue systems have always been miles ahead of anything Avid offers for music recording. ie: Waves soundgrid integration, internal HDX, etc.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
wow this looks cool. Can this be used purely as a control surface with protools in a studio environment?
That's gonna be expensive because it has a lot of audio processing functions you probably don't need in the studio.
It also feels rather bulky for studio use.
I'm sure Avid will come out with some sort of lean studio controller that closes the gap between S3 and S6.

I think the idea of taking a live controller (like the S3) and letting it be used in the studio is very imperfect.
Granted, I haven't used it and I'm sure it's quality kit, but I did consider it to replace my ProControl with and accept for the colours and the extra faders and rotaries, I just didn't see the twenty years of technological advancement.
Being a live controller, it also has its button layout and labels suited to that and to operate it in the studio you have to translate that. Doable, but not ideal.

This S6L-16C seems interesting but in its current form factor I don't see why it would have an edge in the studio over a 16 channel S6 controller.
Will it be cheaper?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammynOut View Post
The Venue systems have always been miles ahead of anything Avid offers for music recording. ie: Waves soundgrid integration, internal HDX, etc.
I agree but don't follow you on the integrated HDX being ahead.
I think where it's a head, is actually that it runs on X64 and on a stable, lean OS.

But, if you want to know where Avid is heading in terms of studio products, I do think there are probably clues to be found in the Venue line (just like vice versa was the case with S6->S6L).
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search