The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shire View Post
I don't make the charts, it's dead dude, sorry.
Rock accounted for 26.5% of album sales - the highest of all genres
25.7 % of digital album sales - the highest of all genres
41.7% of all vinyl sales - the highest of all genres

Total music consumption - rock was 3rd at 14% with hiphop and pop coming in 1st and 2nd with 21.7% and 20.1%, mostly due to hip-hop and pop being primarily streamed rather than bought.

So no, rock isn't dead it just smells bad.

Source: BuzzAngle 2018 report.
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
People eventually stopped subscribing to newspapers and magazines too, it's a dying media. Just like any dying genre, nostalgia can only last so long... puts a new meaning on classic rock.
As a business owner, I would much rather have subscriptions primarily for the difference in capex vs opex. Most companies today consume software on a subscription basis - phone systems, CRMs, accounting systems, workforce management systems, financial transaction software,

As for worrying that I won't be able to go back to a project later because something was taken out of my subscriptions? Well, when projects are done, I print the tracks. and honestly, if I am coming back to mix something 5-10 years into the future a) shoot me b) so what. some new cool tech will be along and as long as my wavs play back who cares, I'll remix it with what ever tools are available.
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwave View Post
As a business owner, I would much rather have subscriptions primarily for the difference in capex vs opex. Most companies today consume software on a subscription basis - phone systems, CRMs, accounting systems, workforce management systems, financial transaction software,

As for worrying that I won't be able to go back to a project later because something was taken out of my subscriptions? Well, when projects are done, I print the tracks. and honestly, if I am coming back to mix something 5-10 years into the future a) shoot me b) so what. some new cool tech will be along and as long as my wavs play back who cares, I'll remix it with what ever tools are available.
Just like video killed the radio star... Streaming killed the buying of music.

Enjoy paying a monthly fee for the rest of your life to maintain your specific setup. I would rather pay for what I can afford and not have a monkey on my back for the rest of my life. Won't have to worry about a company's health and longevity either or a hike in prices.
Old 13th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
People eventually stopped subscribing to newspapers and magazines too, it's a dying media. Just like any dying genre, nostalgia can only last so long... puts a new meaning on classic rock.
Yeah, they went to subscription based internet for their news and entertainment.
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Just like video killed the radio star... Streaming killed the buying of music.

Enjoy paying a monthly fee for the rest of your life to maintain your specific setup. I would rather pay for what I can afford and not have a monkey on my back for the rest of my life. Won't have to worry about a company's health and longevity either or a hike in prices.
Again here you go contradicting yourself. Touting the rise of streaming (subscription based!) music while complaining about subscription software.

You have made your viewpoint abundantly clear, so why not move on over to the TH-U announcement thread instead of this one, and actually talk about the product since that's the one you can buy outright?
Old 13th February 2019
Quote:
Still nothing beats reading a real magazine.
Nothing beats a good band with real instruments for me. And I like electronic music too. But it's another thing.
Old 13th February 2019
Lives for gear

are there any samples of a great chimey, slight breakup sound? most sims get the clean and heavy good, i haven't heard any, except the Kemper profile(s) of such an amp and they nailed that sound.
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
are there any samples of a great chimey, slight breakup sound? most sims get the clean and heavy good, i haven't heard any, except the Kemper profile(s) of such an amp and they nailed that sound.
Can you give an example of the sound you are looking for?
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. torture View Post
Yeah, they went to subscription based internet for their news and entertainment.
That's what the people need, Netflix Battle Passes for Plugins.
Old 13th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Do you have a kemper profile you use or like... Im buying this plugin later in the week most likely... If you tell me a profile and share a DI signal, I can run it through kemper, and plugin... And post it back... Im almost certain, it wont be beat the kemper, for those dynamic sounds, but curious myself.
Old 13th February 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Yes

When I had the Kemper, I used a ton of Amp Factory profiles because they nailed that sound on quite a few profiles (Vox, 65 amos, Divided by 13 etc) but if you listen to this clip

There isn't a time marker, but after each section is a little pause and then it kicks up a notch, the tone i am interested in is the 3rd play. so there is the first one pretty clean, then a pause, then the second with a little more grit, then the third. its that one i am talking about

The Official Victory Bundle : The Amp Factory

it has that chimey, rich, deep, slight breakup. and doesn't have the fizz some many vst's have. he does this for each amp also, and the third one for is what i am trying to describe and havent heard from TH-U yet but if they can nail that then it would be great

thanks and hope this makes sense
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

I found the Britsh Classics Pack interesting, just for the Marshall Superlead 1973 Golub Mod.

Too bad there is not a demo.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Had the chance to fully compare TH3 vs THU. THU wins for me. Everything is slightly better and more "real" with THU. The IR loader is less grainy, there is a subtle yet noticeable difference. The overall tone, for example using the 5150 emu, is more controlled. Top end slightly more open and more importantly the low/low mid is more dynamic, something that one becomes sensitive to over the years of sims and especially in heavier and extreme metal genres.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

When's Slate Everything going to get this? The full version is on a pretty massive discount right now and not sure what the upgrade price will be for Everything customers.
Old 4 weeks ago
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
When's Slate Everything going to get this? The full version is on a pretty massive discount right now and not sure what the upgrade price will be for Everything customers.
Ya, when is this thing going to be released?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwave View Post

rock isn't dead it just smells bad.
T-shirt.
Old 4 weeks ago
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Guys! Now that Overloud has released TH-U, they are working with our dev team to release the slate edition as soon as possible!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Guys! Now that Overloud has released TH-U, they are working with our dev team to release the slate edition as soon as possible!

Cheers,
Steven
Thanks! can't wait!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post

Cheers,
Steven
Enough of your lies homey!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

First... On the bright side... S-gear isn't too expensive to purchase. It would be nice if they offered a deal to Slate bundle owners who want to continue to use it, but still... It's not that expensive. I found TH-1 and just about everything else Overloud makes to be a big yawn. Maybe I'll be surprised. I'm still going to purchase Sgear.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

So... Can we take any bets on whether this Overloud vaporware will be released before S-gear goes extinct?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammiedodger666 View Post
So... Can we take any bets on whether this Overloud vaporware will be released before S-gear goes extinct?
TH-U is released, it's not vaporware. Slate version is "coming soon" and S-Gear will be available in the bundle until October per one of SS's earlier posts. S-Gear 2.9 could also be considered vaporware as it's also been touted as "in the works" for nearly a year.

I agree, it would be nice if Scuffham offered an incentive license to SEB users. I really like the sim. Hopefully they consider a crossgrade/upgrade license option.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anybody buy TH-U? I would love to hear some samples.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB1965 View Post
TH-U is released, it's not vaporware. Slate version is "coming soon" and S-Gear will be available in the bundle until October per one of SS's earlier posts. S-Gear 2.9 could also be considered vaporware as it's also been touted as "in the works" for nearly a year.

I agree, it would be nice if Scuffham offered an incentive license to SEB users. I really like the sim. Hopefully they consider a crossgrade/upgrade license option.
Of course FG-X2 is the ultimate vaporware.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Well, question is what is more important for plugin users (or anyone in fact)...

To have product finished precisely on time as promised when its release date was just estimated as nobody was really able to predict everything about creating something new (not just assembling).

Or maybe to have great product, polished, mature and critical bugs free?

It is always about searching for balance if product is complex. I believe no manufacturer likes to change his release dates. But it is much better than releasing something not stable for production work.

Let's not be like guys who are constantly trolling Mr. Musk about not keeping his release promises without any understanding what challenge his team must face.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. torture View Post
Anybody buy TH-U? I would love to hear some samples.
You can download a fully functional 15-day demo
from Overloud’s website:
Home | Overloud
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Of course FG-X2 is the ultimate vaporware.
Yeah, 5 years is definitely vaporware territory!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotre View Post
Well, question is what is more important for plugin users (or anyone in fact)...

To have product finished precisely on time as promised when its release date was just estimated as nobody was really able to predict everything about creating something new (not just assembling).

Or maybe to have great product, polished, mature and critical bugs free?

It is always about searching for balance if product is complex. I believe no manufacturer likes to change his release dates. But it is much better than releasing something not stable for production work.

Let's not be like guys who are constantly trolling Mr. Musk about not keeping his release promises without any understanding what challenge his team must face.
You're new around here, aren't you?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
You're new around here, aren't you?
Yes, is it a crime or a shame?

Or maybe there is a rule newcomer is always wrong
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

the big question is, WHEN? When will THU be available?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search