The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show Studio Monitors
Old 3 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show

KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show-front_composite.jpg

KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show

All-new, ground up monitor design with onboard DSP room tuning leverages over 30 years of speaker design expertise to deliver professional studio sound to all.

At the 2019 NAMM Show, Generation 4 of the best selling studio monitor in the world will be unveiled. The result of a meticulous design and engineering process, KRK has brought many of the most advanced features from its higher-priced monitors to bear on its ubiquitous ROKIT product line. To experience the new ROKIT Generation 4 sound, visit us at 2019 Winter NAMM Booth #17715.

“ROKIT G4s are more than a facelift,” says Rich Renken, Product Manager. “These new monitors have been cohesively designed to make your mixes more precise and reliable, no matter what style of music you’re mixing. We’re bringing a new level of professionalism to the masses.”

ROKIT G4 monitors are a significant advancement, with all system elements cohesively designed and engineered to work perfectly with the advanced drivers made with Kevlar®, efficient Class D power amplifiers and front-firing port to extend accurate and tight bass reproduction.

“Although ROKITs are truly affordable, price has never been part of the conversation,” says Jimmy Landry, Director of Marketing for Gibson Pro Audio. “We’re fortunate that many award-winning pro artists keep using ROKITs for the results they deliver. *The new line is a huge step-up in accurate pro monitoring and we’re excited to hear what’s created on them.”

ROKIT G4s also include onboard room tuning, with 25 visual room-correction EQ combinations, the only monitor in its class with an LCD to visualize EQ settings. Also, users will be able to use the KRK App to simply and intuitively set up their rooms for better mixing with a real-time Room Acoustic Analyzer to aid with angle matching, placement, and level matching of each speaker in a pair.

The G4 range includes RP5 (5”) RP7 (7”) and RP8 (8”) models for pristine near-field monitoring, and the RP103 configuration which adds a 4.5” mid-range woofer and 1” tweeter for mid-field monitoring. The RP103 also features a horizontal mode aligning the mid-woofer and tweeter vertically for more precise listening accuracy.

“ROKIT G4s are here to help producers, mixers and musicians turn their project studios into more professional environments. We’ve listened— a lot,” says Landry. “And we believe there’s not a more complete studio monitor available at this price that delivers such high-end performance.”

Pricing:
RP5 (5”) $179
RP7 (7”) $239
RP8 (8”) $299
RP103 (10”) $499

Features:

• Matching drivers made with Kevlar® ensures the same sonic integrity across all frequencies and minimizes listening fatigue
• DSP-driven Room Tuning with 25 visual Graphic EQ settings—helps minimize and correct problems in your acoustic environment
• KRK App: Acoustic Real-time Room Analyzer designed to setup your room for better monitoring and faster mixing
• Custom-designed efficient Class D power amplifier drives the speakers evenly at reduced operating temperatures and improves audio integrity
• Built-in Brick Wall Limiter automatically engages at maximum amp-level to maintain a balanced sound, protect the system, and offer better and wider dynamics
• Systematically designed low resonance enclosure for minimal distortion and colorization
• Scientifically-tuned front firing port offers exceptional low-end extension, punch and flexible room-positioning
• High density Iso-foam pad decouples the speaker from the surface minimizing vibration transmission for improved clarity

For more information, visit KRK SYSTEMS - Studio Monitors, Headphones, Subwoofers, Speakers, Monitoring Applications and Room Correction Technology.
Attached Thumbnails
KRK Releases ROKIT Generation 4 at 2019 Winter NAMM Show-front_composite.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Although I'm in the high end world now, I must say this series looks like a great improvement in their range.
Old 3 weeks ago
I'm curious about the auto-tuning, if there needs to be a DAW involved or if those of us without would find utility in these. And I hesitate to even consider it but I wonder how it compares with the Genelec SAM offerings?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Did they say anything specific, regarding a possible release window?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello, im new in this forum.

Btw i will tell you some information about my system.

I got krk rokits 5 in a little room, g3 btw in black. Since 2013, and i was thinking in buy v4s4 for 500€ the pair. Since they are professional and rokits no.

But btw, since i have looked this new rokits i dont know what to do, they got some improvements unexpected. Kevlar, flat tweeter, grills, equalizations, balanced input only, neutrik connectors, etc etc. My rokits g3 only are more beauty than this one.

Comparing g2 vs g3, and g3 vs g4, it seems a bit improvement from this new kevlar rokits. As i said, g3 only are more sweet to see.

What can i do? Buy the v4s? Wait for a comparation between v´s and kevlar rokits?

Btw i was thinking in use this rokits in a dj booth that i have. Im not planning in buy new rokits, but since i have seen the improvements, i have the doubt.

Ah btw, the infos that i got about this rokits g4 are:

199€ each (5"). And the only studio monitor in their class with screen incorporated.

Help? I know that there are 7 years with rokit g3, but which are the differences between v4´s (2016) and this rokits (2019)?

Regards
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The on board DSP processing and LCD screen are pretty cool. However these have heavy competition from the Kali LP-6 and LP-8 which are cheaper and by most impressions sound superb.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny123 View Post
Hello, im new in this forum.

Btw i will tell you some information about my system.

I got krk rokits 5 in a little room, g3 btw in black. Since 2013, and i was thinking in buy v4s4 for 500€ the pair. Since they are professional and rokits no.

But btw, since i have looked this new rokits i dont know what to do, they got some improvements unexpected. Kevlar, flat tweeter, grills, equalizations, balanced input only, neutrik connectors, etc etc. My rokits g3 only are more beauty than this one.

Comparing g2 vs g3, and g3 vs g4, it seems a bit improvement from this new kevlar rokits. As i said, g3 only are more sweet to see.

What can i do? Buy the v4s? Wait for a comparation between v´s and kevlar rokits?

Btw i was thinking in use this rokits in a dj booth that i have. Im not planning in buy new rokits, but since i have seen the improvements, i have the doubt.

Ah btw, the infos that i got about this rokits g4 are:

199€ each (5"). And the only studio monitor in their class with screen incorporated.

Help? I know that there are 7 years with rokit g3, but which are the differences between v4´s (2016) and this rokits (2019)?

Regards
I had the KRK V6 S4 and they sound amazing. The only thing that made me send them back was the loud hissing at idle, which was disappointing.

My presumptions based on hearing the Rokits and owning the V4's is that the Rockets are more geared to production as they have a strong vibe, whereas the V4's sounded organic and it had pace, rhythm and timing so made them very musical, so musical I was just listening to song after song for two days straight.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
The on board DSP processing and LCD screen are pretty cool. However these have heavy competition from the Kali LP-6 and LP-8 which are cheaper and by most impressions sound superb.
Quote me if I am wrong, but are Kali Audio LP monitors updated JBL LSR in a new dress?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Now with an included nylon probe for picking conductive goop off the circuit boards.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post
Now with an included nylon probe for picking conductive goop off the circuit boards.
If that is the case why are they number 1 sellers at Thomann? You can't expect miracles at their price, its only when you start hitting $800 you get a decent pair of monitors
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogBanger View Post
I had the KRK V6 S4 and they sound amazing. The only thing that made me send them back was the loud hissing at idle, which was disappointing.

My presumptions based on hearing the Rokits and owning the V4's is that the Rockets are more geared to production as they have a strong vibe, whereas the V4's sounded organic and it had pace, rhythm and timing so made them very musical, so musical I was just listening to song after song for two days straight.
Then what do you recommend me? Go for the v4 s4? Do you have em?

Wait for comparisions in youtube etc between both? Rokits now seems better.

But the came today, maybe later we can know more the general opinion about them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Then what do you recommend me? Go for the v4 s4? Do you have em?

Wait for comparisions in youtube etc between both? Rokits now seems better.

But the came today, maybe later we can know more the general opinion about them.
You will only understand what monitor that is best for you, only when you get them in your room. And if they gel with your ears then you will know they are the ones for you because at the end of the day every speaker has its own sound so find one that speaks to you as a producer/engineer.

I believe that the Rokit G4 will be a nice monitor as that kevlar tweeter was smooth as a babys bum on the V6 S4's that I had.

On a serious note if your not mixing or doing anything acoustically based then I would go for the Rokits and get some nice headphones
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
You will only understand what monitor that is best for you, only when you get them in your room. And if they gel with your ears then you will know they are the ones for you because at the end of the day every speaker has its own sound so find one that speaks to you as a producer/engineer.

I believe that the Rokit G4 will be a nice monitor as that kevlar tweeter was smooth as a babys bum on the V6 S4's that I had.

On a serious note if your not mixing or doing anything acoustically based then I would go for the Rokits and get some nice headphones
Yeah. I cannot understand what they doing putting in rokits kevlar speaker/woofer, and balanced input. Maybe giving em a renovation vs the haters.

But anyway. For my little room, my rokit 5 g3 are beasts, since my neighbors hate em in high level :policía:
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Yeah. I cannot understand what they doing putting in rokits kevlar speaker/woofer, and balanced input. Maybe giving em a renovation vs the haters.

But anyway. For my little room, my rokit 5 g3 are beasts, since my neighbors hate em in high level :policía:
I believe they are putting up a middle finger to the haters! Because as much as people hate them I can believe that more people love them because they can kick for their size! What do people expect for £200?! neumann kh120
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've ordered 4 inch Rokit Gen3 yesterday. They are coming to me.
And today I saw this news saying the new Gen4 is announced.
I didn't even get the speakers yet, so as soon as I receive them, I thought it would be better to get refund and go for the new Gen4.
But... I found there is no 4 inch model in their new Gen4 lineup.
What a shame!!! I wonder why KRK excluded 4 inch model from the new products lineup.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They went with that classic V series look for these. Hopefully they sound as good as I remember those sounding.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This is all very interesting. DSP correction is taking over the 400-500 USD range of studio monitors. IK has just released something similar and, if I’m not mistaken, so has someone else as well. Just got myself a pair of Adam T7Vs, which are miles better than my old HS7s. These are good times. No need to invest in 800+ per monitor to get decent results. Cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
They went with that classic V series look for these. Hopefully they sound as good as I remember those sounding.
Amen to that!

Let's pray that they sound at least 70% as good as V4s because if that's the case these will kill the market and kill the Adam T series seeing as these are front ported.

I also believe they have a new product manager that understands the sound and appeal of KRK monitors which used to be high end but due to globalisation you can get a $300 phone that performs like a $1000 in this day and age.

So lets hope that KRK kill the market with these speakers because we all love a speaker with a yellow cone
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
The Rokit range has been historically problematic in terms of build quality and abysmal failure rates. I would be properly wary of the flowery marketing rhetoric and look at the hard history of the range.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

After arguing with myself whether KRK was gonna release new series of Rokits at Namm and deciding that they wouldn't so soon after G3 and growing inpatient I ordered RP3-10 G3.

Today accidentally went to website to track my order and saw G4s! Quickly changed order to these new G4! Very excited! My 8x8 room is gonna sound awesome!

j/k

Can't wait to see these buttuglies on my desk!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
The Rokit range has been historically problematic in terms of build quality and abysmal failure rates. I would be properly wary of the flowery marketing rhetoric and look at the hard history of the range.
Any evidence to back up this claim? Please do not tell me that a few people on here or youtube gave you validation.

I mean every product has lemons from Bmws to iPhones. Even monitor brands like Eve Audio who are highly rated on here, in which I was sent a pair of monitors that had problems, such as 4 screws missing in one of them, one wouldn't turn on I had to pull the power plug out, and the other would not go into standby.

I mean I would rather take my chance with Rokits than a pair of Eve Audios again considering the price.

Rokits are not meant for refrerencing they are for production in which they succeed highly and successfully unlike some monitors like Yamaha who are better for mixing because they do not sound pleasing at all.

To be honest the only people that cry about KRKs seem to be on this site, leave them for what they are, because focal sure ain't trying to get into this price segment.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
My evidence is only anecdotal...but for me has been compelling enough to give that range of product wide berth. I'm not crying about KRK. I have no skin in the game. I don't give a rats ass if people purchase them or not. I was just relaying information I have encountered over time...technicians who do in warranty repairs on this stuff....who have had them open on their bench and can easily identify shoddy workmanship...friends and colleagues who have disappointed with their short and long term reliability. I've seen enough smoke on the subject.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
My evidence is only anecdotal...but for me has been compelling enough to give that range of product wide berth. I'm not crying about KRK. I have no skin in the game. I don't give a rats ass if people purchase them or not. I was just relaying information I have encountered over time...technicians who do in warranty repairs on this stuff....who have had them open on their bench and can easily identify shoddy workmanship...friends and colleagues who have disappointed with their short and long term reliability. I've seen enough smoke on the subject.
I respect your opinion because I understand where you are coming from, but name me one manufacturer who do not have some form of manufacturing/engineering problem?
Old 3 weeks ago
I wonder how the tuning algo compares with IK's new offerings. IK claims linear phase (seems they carefully avoided saying time aligned), this looks like it's strictly EQ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just bought my g3 rp5 when only was existing hs50m and some other, this hs50m are cheap product, i have a friend with em. And they just damage ears.

Too in my shopping i was thinking in my dj booth, so now i have a home studio, for producing, listening, watching films, with my krks.

Now i want to give to my studio and dj booth a little upgrade. Omg, if they do not present the g4s yesterday surely i get my v4s on monday.

Now i dont know what to do. Im sure about what i have to do, wait. But im pretty sure that rokits arent in the league of the v´s. So i think that im losing my time xD
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Are there any video links to these monitors? like are they showcased at Namm?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Amen to that!

Let's pray that they sound at least 70% as good as V4s because if that's the case these will kill the market and kill the Adam T series seeing as these are front ported.

I also believe they have a new product manager that understands the sound and appeal of KRK monitors which used to be high end but due to globalisation you can get a $300 phone that performs like a $1000 in this day and age.

So lets hope that KRK kill the market with these speakers because we all love a speaker with a yellow cone
Well, I wouldn’t hold my breath on it killing the Adam T Series just because these are front ported. The T series give even the A series a serious run for their money, so these are fantastic monitors for the price, far superior to any Rokits, which I always felt didn’t sound accurate enough.

I really hope the new ones are better, because we, consumers, always benefit from better competition. Having that said, both Adam and KRK aren’t alone in this 400-500 USD market. There are plenty of Yamaha, Adam and KRK killers ready to take their share of the pie. My 2c.

Last edited by michaelpv; 3 weeks ago at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Typos...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
Well, I wouldn’t hold my breath on it killing the Adam T Series just because these are front ported. The T series give even the A series a serious run for their money, so these are fantastic monitors for the price, far superior to any Rokits, which I always felt didn’t sound accurate enough.

I really hope the new ones are better, because we, consumers, always benefit from better competition. Having that said, both Adam and KRK aren’t alone in this 400-500 USD market. There are plenty of Yamaha, Adam and KRK killers ready to take their share of the pie. My 2c.
I love the game, more competition means better quality, and one thing with KRK they build them solid! The V6 S4's are built like a tank! More so than certain other brands that get high praise on here.

On a side note why would Adam Audio make their bottom line run close with their middle line would that not eat away at their profits?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I love the game, more competition means better quality, and one thing with KRK they build them solid! The V6 S4's are built like a tank! More so than certain other brands that get high praise on here.

On a side note why would Adam Audio make their bottom line run close with their middle line would that not eat away at their profits?
I don’t think it is eating on the A series market. These are still superior, and many recognise the difference between them to be worth the extra hundreds per unit. But it is close, check it for yourself. Anyway, as many have said, all these new offerings from various brands are great news for us, users. Cheers.
Old 3 weeks ago
Brb
Gear Addict

Krk... never again #blackgunk

Don’t give your money to these people.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search