The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device

Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device-force_ortho_web.jpg

Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device

Standalone music production/DJ performance device has clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-in touch display and captures the modern clip-based workflow.

Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced the release of its new standalone Force music production/DJ performance device, with clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch multi-touch display. Force is designed for the user who wants a standalone product with the latest in modern workflow techniques, free from being connected to the computer. Force is the first standalone music production device that truly captures the modern clip-based workflow.

Force features an 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays, two audio inputs, four audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O. Together, this comprehensive versatility affords the user an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, while remaining totally free of the constraints of being tethered to a computer.

Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, plus the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single easy-to-use package. Force also has the ability to record eight stereo tracks.

Features/Details:
• Standalone - no computer required
• 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
• 7" color capacitive multitouch display
• Mic/Instrument/Line Inputs, 4 outputs
• MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8" TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
• (4) configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup
• (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
• Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
• Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines
• Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
• 2GBofRAM
• Full-Size SD card Slot
• User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
• (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers

"Force is aptly named, since this unit truly delivers a new level of creative force and energy to the music production/DJ performance world,” said Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager. “With its Ableton Live-style workflow, 8x8 clip launch matrix, touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays and 7-in multi-touch display and total freedom from the computer, users will experience a degree of creative expression and spontaneity they simply can’t find anywhere else.”

In March 2019, Force’s development program includes in-depth Ableton Live integration. This functionality will include total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix, tactile control of core mixer parameters including crossfader assignments, and control of device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace via the touch user interface and Force’s rotary encoders / OLED displays.

Additionally, March 2019 will also see Splice integration within Force. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering nearly ever musical style. With Splice integration in Force, users will have immediate wi-fi access to their own Splice library directly from the touch user interface – perfect for ultra-fast auditioning of sounds for implementation within their Force project. For further information and updates on this update, visit akaipro.com/force.

In the U.S. Force has a coordinated availability date of the 5th February 2019. In International markets Force is slated for availability in February 2019.

U.S. retail will be $1499.00.

For more information, visit AKAI Professional.
Attached Thumbnails
Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device-force_ortho_web.jpg   Akai Professional introduces Force Standalone music production/DJ performance device-force_rear_web.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
roc
Lives for gear

Looks like Push and MPC-X had a baby , Congratulation !
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Very nice. Wish it had some screen tilt option like MPC X
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinga View Post
Very nice. Wish it had some screen tilt option like MPC X
I guess there's no tilt so they can sell users an overpriced stand for it
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

This looks promising...if it allows easy interoperability between ableton and standalone mode especially! It would be great to bring to sessions to capture live material and then finish in the box. Hope the basics (clocking, rechanneling, etc) are solid.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Does it have 128 midi tracks also? 8 audio tracks I know yes...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Does it have 128 midi tracks also? 8 audio tracks I know yes...
I have no experience of Live or X but can you for instance make record and trim loops and then add them in a drum program and thus get more "audio tracks" but without any time stretch of course? (not really needed for me)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This looks extremely interesting. It seems it offers a lot of the same features as the MPC Live, without the deep Ableton integration. Ableton integration aside, how else does this compare to the MPC Live? Anyone from Akai care to respond? I ask because I've been looking at the MPC Live for quite some time now, and I'm seriously considering buying it. But, now you guys have announced this, so I'd like to know the capabilities and limitations of each (any comparisons?), so I can choose the one that best suits my needs/style.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Are they trying to establish 1/8“ as a new MIDI plug standard, or has the idea been around longer than I know of?
Not that I‘d really miss those DIN connectors, but there‘s going to be a need for adapters for a while...
Oh wait...now I get it...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychamp View Post
Are they trying to establish 1/8“ as a new MIDI plug standard, or has the idea been around longer than I know of?
Not that I‘d really miss those DIN connectors, but there‘s going to be a need for adapters for a while...
Oh wait...now I get it...
We're seeing some fancy guitar pedals using 1/4" for midi. 1/8" does seem a bit different.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

This looks seriously cool for stand-alone work putting together loops, samples and clips!

A few questions I would have about the product...

1. Can you load loop libraries into it to use like from Big Fish Audio so that you could use this in place of building loop-based projects in Logic Pro X or Garageband's?

2. Will it come with the MPC Software and/or Ableton?

3. Can you hook up a USB drum pad or keyboard for input (like IK Keys or Pads).

4. Can you offload your completed product into a DAW separated into tracks through the USB connection?

I'm really excited about this one...!

God bless
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT View Post
This looks seriously cool for stand-alone work putting together loops, samples and clips!

A few questions I would have about the product...

1. Can you load loop libraries into it to use like from Big Fish Audio so that you could use this in place of building loop-based projects in Logic Pro X or Garageband's?

2. Will it come with the MPC Software and/or Ableton?

3. Can you hook up a USB drum pad or keyboard for input (like IK Keys or Pads).

4. Can you offload your completed product into a DAW separated into tracks through the USB connection?

I'm really excited about this one...!

God bless

This is pretty long, but most of your questions are answered in the video.

You will be able to save projects for DAW. You can hook up other controllers (drums, keys, electronic). It doesn't mention that Ableton comes with it, just that it is compatible with Ableton Link and your workflow will be similar to using Ableton and MPC. This is like an MPC but tons more features.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

AES came out with the TRS connector as a midi standard a while back so that manufacturers would be able to always use the same wiring/pin out. A midi cable is way more secure but if you want the device small then its a decent compromise.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Does it link to a DJ set like Pioneer´s DJS 1000?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search