The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Airwindows StudioTan: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST Utility Plugins
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Maniac

You can rename plugins and create custom user folders in Logic's plugin manager window. I deleted most of the Logic plugins and replaced them with 3rd party ones and created new categories like Specialized or Nebula EQ Sets or whatever I need. Logic Pro X 10.4.1
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger View Post
You can rename plugins and create custom user folders in Logic's plugin manager window. I deleted most of the Logic plugins and replaced them with 3rd party ones and created new categories like Specialized or Nebula EQ Sets or whatever I need. Logic Pro X 10.4.1
Thanks for the tip.

Is that what used to be the AU Manager prior to Logic Pro X? I don't suppose there's a way of renaming them in Logic 7 or 9 (both of which I still use as well as X).

I was thinking there might be a way that involved editing the component in some way.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNoam View Post
How can I rename them? bearing in mind that I'm on Macs (both Intel & PPC). Changing the name of the AU component doesn't work.
In Logic you have the Plugin Manager under the first menu column, where you can give anything a nickname. You can also drag each plugin into the category of your choosing, or create a category. So move any compressor to Dynamics, etc. It's pretty handy in my opinion.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
In Logic you have the Plugin Manager under the first menu column, where you can give anything a nickname. You can also drag each plugin into the category of your choosing, or create a category. So move any compressor to Dynamics, etc. It's pretty handy in my opinion.
As mentioned above your post, this only works for Pro X and I need a solution for 7 and 9.
Old 6 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNoam View Post
As mentioned above your post, this only works for Pro X and I need a solution for 7 and 9.
Ah, sorry. You are missing out! No other suggestions right now.
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
I'm really grateful that we can all benefit from Chris's mad DSP experimentations and generous business model. Keep it up Chris!

Also excited about the NJAD update - it was my go to for pre-transfer DA dither but sometimes almost too bright and airy through the HEDD Quantum -which is quite airy already. This new incarnation may be perfect and it's awesome to have these all available together.
Have you tried it already, Brian?
Did a quick test today, I really like what DMT now does. A very dimensional attidute, but might not fit everything.
Cool to have those three in one plug in now.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search