The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LiquidSonics introduces Illusion and Fusion-IR | Synthesis Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Still says version 1 on the site,is that correct...
The new version online is v1.0.2, I've just cleared the website cache in case of any issues there but perhaps forcing your browser to reload the page could help if you're still not seeing it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post
The new version online is v1.0.2, I've just cleared the website cache in case of any issues there but perhaps forcing your browser to reload the page could help if you're still not seeing it.
Just downloaded and installed 1.0.2 here.
Update computation times are reduced.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fantastique !
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Just demo'ed Illusion and did some A/B'ing with my trusty Seventh Heaven Pro. While I really like what I hear in Illusion, Seventh Heaven Pro is doing its job quite well for me, so I'll stick with it. I prefer to get a workhorse and then build up a lasting relationship, feeding it plenty of carrots and giving it rest between jobs.

If I was shopping for a new or primary reverb, it would be a very tough choice.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Thanks! Killer reverb.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Thanks! Killer reverb.
That's a high rating coming from you henge, someone who certainly knows his way around reverbs.

Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
That's a high rating coming from you henge, someone who certainly knows his way around reverbs.

Thanks Beatworld!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Illusion has been updated to v1.1 which includes iLok Cloud support. All licenses have been upgraded to cloud capable licenses for free, and the software can be downloaded here. Any licenses with 1 or more unused activation in your account can be used with iLok Cloud by simply clicking 'Open Cloud Session' from the iLok License Manager's 'File' menu.

I anticipate some people may be wondering if this is coming up for Seventh Heaven as well. The answer is probably, but not definitely. The situation is quite a bit more complex with that product so it requires more work to get it right. More details will be available at a later date.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Great, thanks for the update. Loving Illusion since I bought it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
This should be the biggest no brainer buy in the audio biz!

Congrats Matt!!

Cheers,
Steven
I was just about to ask LS about us VerbSuite (Everything Bundle Pro subscribers) users? We don't have any discount? Is VerbSuite being updated at all with this new tech Steven? Please let us know where we stand on this one.

Thanks in advance for clarification.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for the update. Loving this reverb!! Do you need to have the computer permanently connected to the internet to use this copy protection?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Thanks for the update. Loving this reverb!! Do you need to have the computer permanently connected to the internet to use this copy protection?
To use iLok Cloud the computer needs to remain connected to the network (if it drops it's just like pulling out an iLok so after a randomised period of time it will notice and complain). For some people that's fine, for others I don't think they will like the idea of risking it - but this just deferring back to the bigger discussion about whether iLok Cloud is right for the individual that I read about in lots of places when the service was launched. To use iLok 2/3 or host based authorisation it doesn't matter if the network is available after activation of course, and nothing has been changed in that area.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cube View Post
I was just about to ask LS about us VerbSuite (Everything Bundle Pro subscribers) users? We don't have any upgrade discount? Is VerbSuite being updated at all with this new tech Steven? Please let us know where we stand on this one.

@liquidsonics can you help clarify while Steven doesn't ? Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Ilok huh? No thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic audio View Post
Ilok huh? No thanks.
LOL!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
To use iLok Cloud the computer needs to remain connected to the network (if it drops it's just like pulling out an iLok so after a randomised period of time it will notice and complain). For some people that's fine, for others I don't think they will like the idea of risking it - but this just deferring back to the bigger discussion about whether iLok Cloud is right for the individual that I read about in lots of places when the service was launched. To use iLok 2/3 or host based authorisation it doesn't matter if the network is available after activation of course, and nothing has been changed in that area.
Ok thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is VerbSuite being updated at all with this new tech Steven? Please let us know where we stand on this one.

Patience is a virtue
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
@liquidsonics can you help clarify while Steven doesn't ? Thanks!
I can offer some information here, but I think you initially directed your questions correctly.

You asked about discounts for bundle subscribers, sorry we don't have any plans to provide discounts on LiquidSonics perpetual licenses to Slate Digital customers.

About the tech, well the technology in Illusion doesn't really fit with the VerbSuite Classics product strategically. Illusion generates its own reverbs internally using a suite of new algorithms rather than being focused on bringing together a broad collection of the best samples of classic reverbs available as we have done for VSC. I don't consider that the Seventh Heaven tech fits with VSC either because it is largely tailored towards the needs of one specific reverb, but VSC demands a more generalised approach suited to lots of different reverbs.

That all sounds very negative mainly because you asked about things we don't have planned, but I'm looking forward to talking about some cool stuff that we do have planned for next year nearer the time. I hope you'll understand when I avoid answering any more questions in the area to avoid being dragged into a game of battleships!

Quote:
Patience is a virtue
Indeed
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Angry

Quote:
Patience is a virtue

Quote:
Indeed
Matthew, I refer you to this :

FYI the date of the video is 25 of July 2017, one year and four months ago.

I (and others) have been repeatedly asking for updates on this to no avail.

So, please, don't talk to me about patience.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptainfilou View Post
I (and others) have been repeatedly asking for updates on this to no avail.

So, please, don't talk to me about patience.
Sorry I don't mean to offend you, but that wasn't directed at your post. I've not addressed this directly before as I don't have any information that would help and the questions have always been quite rightly directed to Steven. This is one of the Slate Digital expansions, I didn't sample it or put it together and I have no information about the status of any plan to update it. I'm not attempting to discharge myself here though. You seem to know the topic quite well so I'm hoping you could message me directly via the LiquidSonics support page and explain to me what's missing to save me trying to piece this all together from numerous places then I'll look and see if I have any way to get access to any of it and will try to move this forwards if that's possible from my side.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sorry I don't mean to offend you, but that wasn't directed at your post. I've not addressed this directly before as I don't have any information that would help and the questions have always been quite rightly directed to Steven. This is one of the Slate Digital expansions, I didn't sample it or put it together and I have no information about the status of any plan to update it. I'm not attempting to discharge myself here though. You seem to know the topic quite well so I'm hoping you could message me directly via the LiquidSonics support page and explain to me what's missing to save me trying to piece this all together from numerous places then I'll look and see if I have any way to get access to any of it and will try to move this forwards if that's possible from my side.
Thank you for your reply Matthew,

I'm very surprised to hear that you did not work on this expansion because Liquidsonics and Fusion Capture are explicitly mentioned in the video.

Basically Steven Slate talks about an update "coming in a few weeks" to this expansion (4:28).

I and a few others asked for more info on this "promised update" but we were never properly answered.

Link to the thread in question : Slate Digital Releases FG-3000 & FG-3500 Classic Reverb Pack

Thank you again for your concern.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptainfilou View Post
I'm very surprised to hear that you did not work on this expansion because Liquidsonics and Fusion Capture are explicitly mentioned in the video.
Sorry I need to clarify what I meant, maybe I didn't word that very well - I didn't select the actual presets to include in this expansion and in this instance I did not undertake the physical process of passing test signals through the device to sample it as Steven's excellent team have full access to all of the Fusion-IR development tools. Creating Fusion-IRs is a multi-stage process that starts with an initial capture phase followed by subsequent processes that vary depending on the nature of the device and sometimes on the needs of an individual preset. I am always involved in the post-processing and quality assurance phase of all captures we have ever undertaken together for VSC. Maintaining the quality of the Fusion-IRs available anywhere is really important to me (these captures can be difficult to get right, and is why those tools are not publicly available despite my initial plans to make them freely available). When I say I did not 'put it together' I mean I didn't perform the packaging for distribution, but that could be taken to mean I wasn't involved at all, which isn't what I meant to suggest, sorry if that's how it came across.

Since Steven says in that video more patches are coming in a free update I am going to investigate and find out if I can help.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Sorry I need to clarify what I meant, maybe I didn't word that very well - I didn't select the actual presets to include in this expansion and in this instance I did not undertake the physical process of passing test signals through the device to sample it as Steven's excellent team have full access to all of the Fusion-IR development tools. Creating Fusion-IRs is a multi-stage process that starts with an initial capture phase followed by subsequent processes that vary depending on the nature of the device and sometimes on the needs of an individual preset. I am always involved in the post-processing and quality assurance phase of all captures we have ever undertaken together for VSC. Maintaining the quality of the Fusion-IRs available anywhere is really important to me (these captures can be difficult to get right, and is why those tools are not publicly available despite my initial plans to make them freely available). When I say I did not 'put it together' I mean I didn't perform the packaging for distribution, but that could be taken to mean I wasn't involved at all, which isn't what I meant to suggest, sorry if that's how it came across.

Since Steven says in that video more patches are coming in a free update I am going to investigate and find out if I can help.
My bad, I totally misunderstood you!

Thank you for investigating this!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I can offer some information here, but I think you initially directed your questions correctly.

You asked about discounts for bundle subscribers, sorry we don't have any plans to provide discounts on LiquidSonics perpetual licenses to Slate Digital customers.

About the tech, well the technology in Illusion doesn't really fit with the VerbSuite Classics product strategically. Illusion generates its own reverbs internally using a suite of new algorithms rather than being focused on bringing together a broad collection of the best samples of classic reverbs available as we have done for VSC. I don't consider that the Seventh Heaven tech fits with VSC either because it is largely tailored towards the needs of one specific reverb, but VSC demands a more generalised approach suited to lots of different reverbs.

That all sounds very negative mainly because you asked about things we don't have planned, but I'm looking forward to talking about some cool stuff that we do have planned for next year nearer the time. I hope you'll understand when I avoid answering any more questions in the area to avoid being dragged into a game of battleships!

Indeed
Thanks for the Clarification. I only now got to know about illusion and if I had known in time I had bought the intro price. at 249 now its just a bit too off for me now.. Any chance of still getting it at intro price for us that just got 2 days late on its bandwagon? ...
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the Clarification. I only now got to know about illusion and if I had known in time I had bought the intro price. at 249 now its just a bit too off for me now.. Any chance of still getting it at intro price for us that just got 2 days late on its bandwagon? ...
Good to know you like Illusion I held the pricing over for a couple of days after the advertised end date as I often get a couple of requests coming in, but since people are now buying it at full price isn't not really fair on them to offer it for less at this point.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was just about to ask LS about us VerbSuite (Everything Bundle Pro subscribers) users? VerbSuite being updated at all with this new tech Steven?
If by new tech you mean iLok Cloud support, guess what, it is now out
If you are a Gobbler Everything Bundle subscriber.

Last edited by Beatworld; 4 days ago at 12:36 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search