The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Re-Compose releases “Spexx” spectral audio effects plug-in
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Nut

Re-Compose releases “Spexx” spectral audio effects plug-in

Spexx. Create all kinds of spectral effects, all in one plug-in.

We have finally entered the domain of audio effects plug-ins, building on years of work behind the scenes for some very smooth spectral effects.

Spexx is a plug-in for spectral manipulation of sound in real-time. It features a smooth spectral freeze and provides various functionalities for interaction with sound.

This enables the user to create a wide range of effects, from unusual, beautifully sounding reverbs to experimental spectral transformations.

The user interface is built in a modular fashion, enabling effects to be placed in different positions of the processing chain.

Multi-core support prevents any glitches or audio dropouts. Gain control makes sure there is no signal clipping.

Parameters can be fully automated or mapped to external MIDI controllers.

See more detailed info at the product page.

Sound examples

Video
Here is a video of the prototype (beta stage) in action:

Overview of features
  • Two processing stages (freeze, output) and seven individual effects (Focus, Feaze, Decay, Damping, and Mirror, Pitch, Slope)
  • Effects freely combinable in a modular fashion (via drag & drop within the processing chain)
  • Bypassing of the freeze stage to apply the output effects directly to the incoming sound
  • Floating interactive panel with controls for selected preset
  • Input and output gain controls
  • Reset button to restart accumulator
  • Various parameters for definition of spectral resolution

System requirements
  • Supports Mac and Windows (32 and 64 bit)
  • Fully compatible with AU/VST (AAX under investigation!)

Pre-order & cross-grade offer
A special offer for pre-order is available until December 5, 2018, at 30% off the regular price (i.e. €47 / $49). Direct access to beta version upon completion of the pre-order purchase. *

Owners of a Re-Compose product are eligible for a cross-grade offer. Only available upon release of the product.

What else?
There are more audio effects plug-ins in the development pipeline.

We’d love to hear your thoughts about Spexx, and are happy to answer any questions you may have!

Cheers,
bliquid25

*: We're not able to supply a demo today for technical reasons (license management not fully integrated).

Last edited by bliquid25; 29th October 2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 30th October 2018
Gear Maniac

I don't see any internal modulation capabilities. Are you planning to add any?
Old 30th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_bond View Post
I don't see any internal modulation capabilities. Are you planning to add any?
Not in v1.0 of the software, as this would require some significant changes to the user interface. At present, modulation can be done via the UI or automation (MIDI mapping).

We've added those capabilities to the wish list. It could be added in a later version of the plug-in, or we could even spin out a separate, kinda "pro version" with more advanced features, if that is what people need/want.
Old 1st November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliquid25 View Post
Pre-order & cross-grade offer
A special offer for pre-order is available until December 5, 2018, at 30% off the regular price (i.e. €47 / $49). Direct access to beta version upon completion of the pre-order purchase. *

Owners of a Re-Compose product are eligible for a cross-grade offer. Only available upon release of the product.
So, just to be clear, will current Re-Compose product owners be better off if they cross-grade after launch rather than pre-ordering?
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston View Post
So, just to be clear, will current Re-Compose product owners be better off if they cross-grade after launch rather than pre-ordering?
Yes, that is correct.

The crossgrade offer only becomes available with the release of the product (which is scheduled for EOY), though. That's a necessity not to leave resellers at a disadvantage, as not all of them are participating in the pre-order campaign and their customers have a right to get the crossgrade from them directly if they purchased a Re-Compose product with them.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.

The crossgrade offer only becomes available with the release of the product (which is scheduled for EOY), though. That's a necessity not to leave resellers at a disadvantage, as not all of them are participating in the pre-order campaign and their customers have a right to get the crossgrade from them directly if they purchased a Re-Compose product with them.
What bout owner of the m4l version?

Whats CPU usage like, I saw 99% on the screenshot and so discarded any thought of buying as assumed it would eat my computer and ask for pudding!?
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
What bout owner of the m4l version?

Whats CPU usage like, I saw 99% on the screenshot and so discarded any thought of buying as assumed it would eat my computer and ask for pudding!?
Same for owners of the M4L version, i.e. any customer who bought any Re-Compose product is eligible for the cross-grade offer.

The CPU reading of 99% in that photo is only a mockup of the final user interface, which is yet to be implemented before release of the software. We've changed this screenshot and informed resellers to update their photos so there is no confusion.

Actual CPU performance varies by your machine's capabilities and spectral resolution settings chosen. There's multi-core support included so it's already optimized as we acknowledge that, given all the effects included, it is a fairly CPU hungry plug-in - to give you an idea of what to expect, here from one of our beta testers (running a Mac Pro 5.1 with 12 core 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and 64GB Ram): "[..] running a spectral resolution of 32K in multicore mode gave me a CPU reading of 1% and in single around 13%."

Other people on Mac and Windows machines with different specs have reported similar CPU performance. Take this numbers with a grain of salt, as we haven't completed the entire optimization process in the beta version used for the above figures - so, they might drop a bit. Especially on Windows machines there's more to come yet before release of the software.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Same for owners of the M4L version, i.e. any customer who bought any Re-Compose product is eligible for the cross-grade offer.

The CPU reading of 99% in that photo is only a mockup of the final user interface, which is yet to be implemented before release of the software. We've changed this screenshot and informed resellers to update their photos so there is no confusion.

Actual CPU performance varies by your machine's capabilities and spectral resolution settings chosen. There's multi-core support included so it's already optimized as we acknowledge that, given all the effects included, it is a fairly CPU hungry plug-in - to give you an idea of what to expect, here from one of our beta testers (running a Mac Pro 5.1 with 12 core 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and 64GB Ram): "[..] running a spectral resolution of 32K in multicore mode gave me a CPU reading of 1% and in single around 13%."

Other people on Mac and Windows machines with different specs have reported similar CPU performance. Take this numbers with a grain of salt, as we haven't completed the entire optimization process in the beta version used for the above figures - so, they might drop a bit. Especially on Windows machines there's more to come yet before release of the software.

Cool

Glad I can crossgrade, assuming Ill be able to demo it.

I have quite a few VST spectral packages so need to see if it offers something different.
Old 2nd November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
Cool

Glad I can crossgrade, assuming Ill be able to demo it.

I have quite a few VST spectral packages so need to see if it offers something different.
Yes, a demo will be provided. There's more work left to be done before we're able to release a demo - but as soon as that is completed we'll post an update here.

And very much looking forward to see how it does in comparison to other VST spectral packages.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Alright, here's an update to this thread: Spexx has been officially released yesterday, with version 1.0.0 delivered to customers.

Here's what you can expect:
  • Updated user interface which now includes In/Out trim controls
  • Significant improvements to performance and stability
  • Low CPU load as a result of multi-threading (now also performing well on Windows)
  • Completely modular arrangement of effects in the processing chain (drag and drop them around as you like
  • Full plug & play with any sequencer (except for ProTools, at least for now!)

A DEMO is now available (offering the full feature set). And, a user manual is included in the download package too.

Crossgrade offers have been sent to eligible customers.

Here's everything you need to know about the release (demo, crossgrade, etc.) - READ ME

Hope you guys like it!

Cheers,
bliquid25
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search