The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide Announces New SP2016 Reverb Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 1 week ago
  #241
Gear Nut
 
denork's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
Wow - I was totally expecting their "last chance" email giving notice that the intro was ending. Totally gutted I missed this!
+1 I missed
Old 1 week ago
  #242
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
+1 I missed
same here. I was about to pull the trigger. I just wanted to do a careful testing against the liquidsonics Illusion and rare signals TPR (very different reverbs, but I don't have the budget for all three). I guess my problem just got easier.
Old 1 week ago
  #243
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiascova View Post
same here. I was about to pull the trigger. I just wanted to do a careful testing against the liquidsonics Illusion and rare signals TPR (very different reverbs, but I don't have the budget for all three). I guess my problem just got easier.
I would have to say SP2016 is the most bread and butter - workflow exponentializer of the three.
Hey BF is just around the corner. I also have TPR and love it. It's still at 99 for about 5 days (extended). But if I only could chose one it's the Eventide. Dialing in a Room unlike Hall is more of a sound enhancement, like compression and EQ than an "Effect" for me.
Old 1 week ago
  #244
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiascova View Post
same here. I was about to pull the trigger. I just wanted to do a careful testing against the liquidsonics Illusion and rare signals TPR (very different reverbs, but I don't have the budget for all three). I guess my problem just got easier.
I'm demoing TPR and Illusions. I have the SP already. Hands down it goes to the SP for all around bread and butter reverb. So simple to use and makes everything sound better.
Old 1 week ago
  #245
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
Wow - I was totally expecting their "last chance" email giving notice that the intro was ending. Totally gutted I missed this!
They did send out an extension email.
Old 1 week ago
  #246
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
I'm demoing TPR and Illusions. I have the SP already. Hands down it goes to the SP for all around bread and butter reverb. So simple to use and makes everything sound better.
ok I bough it. Thanks for the feedback. I demoed Illusion and I loved it. The blend with the source is pristine. I loved the GUI and functionality and overall I felt that the sound was absolutely gorgeous. I think I'll buy that one as well, a plate can wait. What was your impression of Illusion? My references were Native instruments RC24 and RC48 (great sounding but I couldn't connect with them, didn't like the controls, to present in the mix) and Softube TSAR R (simply didn't like it).
Old 1 week ago
  #247
Gear Guru
I love sliders! Makes so much more sense with a mouse...... Just the GUI alone has made it so much better to work with. I think people should just use this as a reverb learning tool.... what a great tool and the previous poster was right, the presets are well thought out and hilarious being able to shoot out a Pensado vs Massenburg sound, what fun!....
Old 1 week ago
  #248
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
They did send out an extension email.
I did get the extension email, but I missed the fine print at the very bottom of the email and judging by the last Eventide emails in my inbox, presumes that there would be a last chance email.

Anyway, moot point: bought it.
Old 1 week ago
  #249
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
I did get the extension email, but I missed the fine print at the very bottom of the email and judging by the last Eventide emails in my inbox, presumes that there would be a last chance email.

Anyway, moot point: bought it.
I got it just before the price change. Part of the reason I want it is that the interface is really simple and LARGE. I teach a university course, and this will help a lot for students to see the controls and hear what is happening.
Old 1 week ago
  #250
Gear Addict
The position control on SP and the 2016 Stereo Room rock. One of my favorite parts of these plugins, second only to sound
Old 1 week ago
  #251
Gear Maniac
I had time to play with it more. It is now one of my fav reverbs! Amazing!
Old 1 week ago
  #252
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
The position control on SP and the 2016 Stereo Room rock. One of my favorite parts of these plugins, second only to sound
The position slider is genius. This is really the only reverb that I'll ever need at this point. I can't get over how good it sounds. I'm happy I got it for $79 but I would've paid full price had I missed the sale.
Old 1 week ago
  #253
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Yeah that depth slider blew my mind. It was that functionality that encouraged me to dig deeper, which in turn made it become my new go to 'normal' reverb (as much as I love Seventh Heaven). So easy to dial in and control (but as others have said, without countless options).

Paired with RS Plate I'm a happy chappy.
Old 1 week ago
  #254
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Paired with RS Plate I'm a happy chappy.
no sh$t!!
Old 1 week ago
  #255
Gear Maniac
RS?
Old 1 week ago
  #256
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens L. View Post
RS?
Rare Signals Introduces Transatlantic Plate Reverb Plug-In
Old 1 week ago
  #257
Gear Guru
I pair with VVV only because I need a deeper verb sometimes. If I want a different plate sound there's also or ST plate, or SKNote Rev 250 if I'm feeling feisty!....they guy who developed Transatlantic plate is a stellar engineer and good guy. My next purchase when I'm steppin up to the plate.......
Old 1 week ago
  #258
Lives for gear
You can never have too many reverbs. I still use Blackhole, Ultrareverb and others. They all sound different. And from time to time you need a convolution verb to imitate different spaces.
Old 1 week ago
  #259
Lives for gear
 
TobyToby's Avatar
 

Nothing beats the product from the Original Company

The overall lush quality of the Eventide SP2016 Plug-In really shows why a company who has written the original algorithm in the first place (I own Eventide hardware) would be the best in porting the original code into a plug-in. . and it also shows why I have never used the SP2016 IR's from Verbsuite in the Slate Everything bundle with their slightly 'tremolo-ing' reverb tails, narrow image and artificial sounding width-control . . bad trades shared with most of the other IR's in Verbsuite . or maybe it's just their plug-in/engine itself

To end this on a positive note. The Eventide SP2016 sounds top notch and is highly usable in our quality demanding productions

Last edited by TobyToby; 3 days ago at 03:18 AM..
Old 1 week ago
  #260
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyToby View Post
The overall lush quality of the Eventide SP2016 Plug-In really shows why a company who has written the original algorithm in the first place (I own Eventide hardware) would be the best in porting the original code into a plug-in. . and it also shows why I have never used the SP2016 IR's from the substandard sounding Verbsuite in the Slate Everything bundle with their slightly 'tremolo-ing' reverb tails, narrow image and artificial sounding width-control . . bad trades shared with most of the other IR's in Verbsuite . or maybe it's just their plug-in/engine itself

To end this on a positive note. The Eventide SP2016 sounds top notch and is highly usable in our quality demanding productions
Loving it a lot, myself. Classifies as a high % "go to" As regards Verbsuite, the only impulse I use is the Bricasti M7 "Berlin Hall" It is special. In fact, now my fx chain for most orchestral groups uses PS2016 Reverb in Stereo Room, near no tail, room position about 30% followed by the VerbSuite Bricasti "Berlin Hall". In front of that is some mild 1/8" slap echo and Kramer Tape with delay, too, very subtle.
Old 6 days ago
  #261
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
I don't own any Focusrite products and I never have. But I'm not gonna repeat myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Your link only confirms what I have already said. That you needed to register Focusrite hardware to qualify, read and click on the linked Eventide Blog Post.... You may have just been lucky because of a glitch or exploit.
Sorry to drag a war of words up from a week ago, but there was a glitch at Focusrite's end back then - simply signing up for an account was enough to qualify for the freebies, Stereo Room included. In fact, it was a glitch that lasted several months before they noticed and fixed it (assuming it was a mistake).

I'm glad because although Stereo Room was never my go-to reverb, it did allow me to upgrade for $29 to SP2016 which is awesome, lush, 3D, top-notch and all those other descriptive words I see here and can't deny!
Old 6 days ago
  #262
Xactly. Some of us got Stereo Room (and a load of other stuff) for free, plus SP2016 for $29. I don't feel bad about it.
Old 6 days ago
  #263
Gear Guru
Unfortunately I have soooo many plug ins I've become jaded. Honestly with VVV got more reverbs that I've been able to explore. Soundtoys Plate was an amazing freebie and is something else. Being able to get the Eventide at a good cost made it attractive and after hearing it, really is something that is first rate. To me there isn't "better" on this level only different. Great gear is inspiring and is like a great instrument that leads you in different directions, simply by being able to hear better.

There's a reason 80's tech is still viable and in ways superior. A different sensibility working around limitations at the time, and genius programming. I do like the historical part of it.......! I do believe in paying good money for premium plug ins and this is well worth it at any price.....
Old 6 days ago
  #264
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Sorry to drag a war of words up from a week ago, but there was a glitch at Focusrite's end back then - simply signing up for an account was enough to qualify for the freebies, Stereo Room included. In fact, it was a glitch that lasted several months before they noticed and fixed it (assuming it was a mistake).

I'm glad because although Stereo Room was never my go-to reverb, it did allow me to upgrade for $29 to SP2016 which is awesome, lush, 3D, top-notch and all those other descriptive words I see here and can't deny!
Personally I couldn't. SP2016 is an amazing product, worth every penny and then some.
Old 4 days ago
  #265
Gear Maniac
 
CathodeRay's Avatar
I was lucky to get stereo room with my Focusrite , was able to take advantage of the $29 upgrade. What a great sounding reverb!
Old 3 days ago
  #266
Lives for gear
 
allstar's Avatar
 

Sadly I missed out on buying this thanks to a hectic last couple of weeks. The fact that the Gearslutz banner ad up top is still advertising it on sale at $79 is just rubbing salt in the wound !
Old 3 days ago
  #267
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Sadly I missed out on buying this thanks to a hectic last couple of weeks. The fact that the Gearslutz banner ad up top is still advertising it on sale at $79 is just rubbing salt in the wound !

You might try reaching out to them to see since the GS ad is still up. For them a sale is a sale, and they are very cool people. They seem to be very approachable. If you have e-mail from from Eventide sales, never hurts to ask....
Old 3 days ago
  #268
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
You might try reaching out to them to see since the GS ad is still up. For them a sale is a sale, and they are very cool people. They seem to be very approachable. If you have e-mail from from Eventide sales, never hurts to ask....
If not Black Friday and Xmas sales are fast approaching.
Old 1 day ago
  #269
Gear Addict
So whoever missed the boat, just in my inbox from Audiodeluxe, SP2016 back down to 79$ for BF. DON’T MISS IT! Trust me...
Old 1 day ago
  #270
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Sadly I missed out on buying this thanks to a hectic last couple of weeks. The fact that the Gearslutz banner ad up top is still advertising it on sale at $79 is just rubbing salt in the wound !
what I just said up there!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump