The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SKnote announce TwinR Guitar Amplifier plugin (VST/AU/AAX) Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They often are just limits, not exactly styles
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Beta ready. Please write to mirko at sknoteaudio dot com if you want to test it and you play guitar or have sources for reamping. Refer to this thread and specify your nick so we can keep the discussion connected.
We also trade some full licenses for content (DI'd guitar tracks) for the new "Jammin' Pub" going live online. Also let Mirko know if you are intetested in collaborating further on content production, we'll discuss it.
Our new collab Sergio will take care of this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
But why is it viewed as an issue?
I'm actually just perturbed that his posts like this are allowed to languish in this forum instead of the "coming soon" sub-forum where they belong according to the rules.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
I'm actually just perturbed that his posts like this are allowed to languish in this forum instead of the "coming soon" sub-forum where they belong according to the rules.
Yeah, that is kinda odd, that's true. I guess also if they were in the "coming soon" forum people would get less frustrated by the delays.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is still valid!
Beta ready. Please write to mirko at sknoteaudio dot com if you want to test it and you play guitar or have sources for reamping. Refer to this thread and specify your nick so we can keep the discussion connected.
We also trade some full licenses for content (DI'd guitar tracks) for the new "Jammin' Pub" going live online. Also let Mirko know if you are intetested in collaborating further on content production, we'll discuss it.
Our new collab Sergio will take care of this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

These amps are going to a standalone pedal, too. If you write to Mirko, please specify if you are interested in testing that thing, too. Think Kemp or Bias hardware, that kind of thing.
Old 3 weeks ago
I would love to beta test, mail sent..!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Great, sending out responses later today so you know your email wasn't lost!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd like to, mail sent.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Beta out. Looks good, should be very fast.

Meanwhile, we tracked some relaxed playing at office with Sergio's Telecaster through TwinR with basic settings:

TwinR - Relaxed Telecaster
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I like it - has little of the nasty comb filtering and resonances that plague the lesser ampsims. Especially the speaker modelling is impressive.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Beta out. Looks good, should be very fast.

Meanwhile, we tracked some relaxed playing at office with Sergio's Telecaster through TwinR with basic settings:

TwinR - Relaxed Telecaster
A little bit muddier than what I expect from a twin and a tele. And crunchier too.

Would like to hear a clean, bright fender sound.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'll ask for a good Stratocaster and some clean playing

Note that, beside the amp settings, there are 26 mic choices, too, and they affect the sound a lot.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I'd love to demo this too..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Meanwhile we ran a quick test with some casual playing through an Overdrive pedal going into TwinR:

Smooth Overdrive pedal -> TwinR
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Any news of the release yet? Really excited about trying this!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Indeed
Old 1 week ago
What di do you recommend?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A friend has a ca. 1970 Twin and we will be curious how the hardware and the plug will compare. I'm not into 100% recreating the same tone, but i want to hear how the plug does it's job. Can you Sknote guys tell me what mic/position/preamp/etc. you used so i get close? Thanks!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday View Post
What di do you recommend?
About what?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
A friend has a ca. 1970 Twin and we will be curious how the hardware and the plug will compare. I'm not into 100% recreating the same tone, but i want to hear how the plug does it's job. Can you Sknote guys tell me what mic/position/preamp/etc. you used so i get close? Thanks!
You are in the beta testing, right?

Better talk by email for that if you want a faster response. I'm just passing by to check the thread

We are currently collecting the last bits of feedback from testers and recording some "tough" sounds. I think it is going out, finally.

Mic placement: not right on the grid, more like in the picture, to get a full sound. The mic model is listed in the menu, so get something similar (let me know if you need help for getting the whole names of the mics). Nothing more to add, I think

Last edited by quintosardo; 5 days ago at 09:29 AM..
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You are in the beta testing, right?
Yes, i stay tuned until the next round.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
About what?
I mean if there is a direct box you recommend to go with your new twin amp software. Like the one you use during the development and something like passive, active?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Another sknote product nowhere near release date .. another thread in the new product alert as opposed to coming soon... sounds about right
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
another thread in the new product alert as opposed to coming soon... sounds about right
I believe the moderators have the power to move such threads to the Coming Soon section. Perhaps you should ask them why they don't if it bothers you.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
I believe the moderators have the power to move such threads to the Coming Soon section. Perhaps you should ask them why they don't if it bothers you.
It doesn’t “bother” me as much as it amuses me, at this point. As far as the mods... I don’t think they particularly care that much being that Quinto does this with literally every product he releases, or those he insists will be released but never are.

But thank you for your concern.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Another sknote product nowhere near release date .. another thread in the new product alert as opposed to coming soon... sounds about right
Totally agree man. This makes things confusing. I asked quinto some posts ago when this was coming, because it is in this section and I thought it would probably be released in a couple of days.

But now I have to enter everytime and read the last posts to see if it has been released already.

So, just put on the right section, for god's sake, and when it's out, put it back here. And this topic was created by the developer, which makes things worse.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Totally agree man. This makes things confusing. I asked quinto some posts ago when this was coming, because it is in this section and I thought it would probably be released in a couple of days.

But now I have to enter everytime and read the last posts to see if it has been released already.

So, just put on the right section, for god's sake, and when it's out, put it back here. And this topic was created by the developer, which makes things worse.
Again... it doesn’t bother me because I’ve already had my own personal come to Jesus about him and his company... the great Disto event of 2016 (or whenever it was) did that for me

it’s more (a) amusing and (b) gross and (c) the knowledge that once I engage that I will be virtually accosted by a bunch of anonymous inter web fan flame... (c) hasn’t happened yet, but, it’s early lol

This product announcement is particularly WTF to me because imbedded within the thread is Quinto talking about a hardware device (like Kemper per him) that will work with this currently yet to be released software... I mean, seriously, can you even imagine what it’d be like waiting on a piece of outboard from this cat? What if you finally got it but it was in bad order and needed repair?

Still like his STA and Gates, though!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday View Post
I mean if there is a direct box you recommend to go with your new twin amp software. Like the one you use during the development and something like passive, active?
Oh, ok!

This is my view on this (I may be wrong but this is how I currently see it):

- Direct box can be divided in two categories: active and passive.
- Active can easily be good, passive need some money (because of the components).
- Active are stronger, passive have some character.
- Character depends on the interaction between guitar pickups and DI box.

We model the whole chain here, including the pickup. Pickup->preamp->poweramp->transformer->speaker->mic.

Being the pickup modeled in the amp, we'd like to remove the interaction between real pickup and DI box. This should be better done with a modern, active DI with the highest input impedance. Probably what you find in your "instrument" input on the audio interface (e.g. we tested such inputs on RME and Avid interfaces here). Or a good active interface.

What if you love the sound of a good passive DI you have?
Simply set the pickup to "modern" on the amp and it will be set to emulate an high impedance input.

So:

- A decent active DI or Instrument input -> set the pickup to "Vintage" (or one of the ones we'll be adding with time).

- Your beloved characterful DI (probably passive) -> set the pickup to "Modern".
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
... What if you finally got it but it was in bad order and needed repair?
Yes, right, reliability and fastest recovery time are critical for a standalone unit. That is why it is based on a standard system. No need for any assistance from us (shipment, customs, local assistance network, etc.).

Broken hardware? Replace a commercial module.

Broken software? Replace a micro-SD card.

It is being made active, too (connect to passive guitar/bass/whatever cabinet).

Last edited by quintosardo; 5 days ago at 09:29 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search