The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EastWest Releases SPACES II Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Theres a demo now??

I feel slapped on the back of my head for being told by their support to sub to composercloud to demo.. wasted my money.

It shouldve been released with the demo and if the demo WAS coming, they shouldve told me to wait for it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Will wait to buy this Sub 200 USD.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishere View Post
Theres a demo now??

I feel slapped on the back of my head for being told by their support to sub to composercloud to demo.. wasted my money.

It shouldve been released with the demo and if the demo WAS coming, they shouldve told me to wait for it.
What a mess!

How hard it was to delay the release a few days, until they have the demo ready and do it properly?
I think they forced to act like that, they didn't plan for a demo at first...

At least they do have a trial option now.

Nice move EW, now extent that ludicrous one week upgrade period from V1 , till the end of August, for people who are on vacation, so they'll have the chance to demo and upgrade at $149. You will get more upgrades that way, don't you get it?
Anyway...good luck!

p.s. If i were you, i would ask for a refund even for the $15. There must be a remedy for that.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
p.s. If i were you, i would ask for a refund even for the $15. There must be a remedy for that.
Yes, if you have been specifically told to subscribe to test Spaces 2, and now they have a trial, ask for a refund. That's utter bs.

The trial is welcomed but they should be more professional about their releases. There's always drama, simple stuff easy to predict and avoid, but they always choose to release half-baked products. Wtf! Not cool EW.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just downloaded the demo to try and will be comparing it with Reverberate 2, Acon Verberate and 2C Audio’s Aether and Breeze 2.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Just downloaded the demo to try and will be comparing it with Reverberate 2, Acon Verberate and 2C Audio’s Aether and Breeze 2.
Anxious to hear your thoughts on this comparison.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Response!

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
Hello QL,
hi Nick!

Are there any news for my last post?
- is there a chance to see a larger GUI for Spaces II?
- A dB scale for Wet, Dry and the Input knob is really necessary in a digital domain (sorry, why you missed some like this??)
- Any chance to see the extensions for the V1 and V2 IRs???
- What about the sound differences?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nott View Post
???

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It’s not realistic to expect East West to respond to customer requests/grievances. That’s not what they do.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

EW has the bestest cricket samples... more talk on VI Control (just skimmed a little).
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

I tried it. The upgrade is in no shape or form worth it.

The new interface is better, in that, it's smaller and you can step through the presets which you couldn't do before.

Sonically - meh.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
Hi Guys. This is Nick Phoenix, creator of Spaces II. DISCLAIMER: I am not involved with pricing.

I get the complaints but you are misunderstanding what this product is.

The new impulses in Spaces 2 were a huge deal. I bought an RV for travel and spent another $40K on recording equipment for the project. thats on top of the $150K arsenal we already used for Spaces 1. I probably put in 3 times the effort than I did on Spaces 1. And yes, this is the best reverb ever made. People used to spend thousands for that. Sound quality and usefulness is way above Altiverb or any other reverb, particularly for classical/film score. Altiverb and MIR charge a lot more for inferior sound. This reverb has no competition. In this day and age of product saturation, this is a really rare thing.
You just answered my question: "Is it designed to work best with EWSO"? I have been incredibly pleased with my EWSO Platinum Plus, Storm Drum 3, Voices of Passion, and Symphonic Choirs purchases. I use them a lot, more than I thought I would. I will put Spaces 2 as my next purchase.

I have also been listening to your work with Two Steps From Hell for a while now.
Star Sky, Winterspell, and Enchantress are my favorites. They are powerful.
Keep up the great work, Nick. You are appreciated.

Last edited by jaxman12; 1 week ago at 10:47 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sorry for the late reply. Yes they are adding the numbers back in. Sorry about that. And sorry for all the website nonsense. I think they are leaving the interface as is. Most people preferred small. The manual labels all the new impulses so you can see what’s new in 2. Sound-wise, Spaces 2 is great for any application, but in the film, classical realm it has no equal.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for the late reply.
Ok - so there is no chance to see an update with the version numbers?!
Then it would be really great to have an update with preset files - this would helpful to feature your new stuff...

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. Yes they are adding the numbers back in. Sorry about that. And sorry for all the website nonsense. I think they are leaving the interface as is. Most people preferred small. The manual labels all the new impulses so you can see what’s new in 2. Sound-wise, Spaces 2 is great for any application, but in the film, classical realm it has no equal.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Will I receive a refund for the 'website nonsense' that i had to pay for(i was advised to get composercloud to demo spaces 2)? I literally didn't download/touch any other products and I've emailed you guys but I havent received any replies
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hmm... probably not?

You should, though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Despite all the weird stuff ...

Spaces II sounds beautiful

Old 1 week ago
Holy pope on a pogo stick. East West's customer support is fine; they've always been responsive with me and their near constant updates keep up well with OS and DAW updates. They can charge whatever the hell they want to, because yes, they're East West, and yes, their stuff is better than most. They're not a charity, they don't owe you a demo, and if you want another verb, it's a free internet.

I can't wait to try Spaces II.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philososaxter View Post
They're not a charity, they don't owe you a demo, and if you want another verb, it's a free internet.

To have a demo of a product you want to sell, is a charity?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Now, that's one annoying post !

Yes, the one above ...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Bump

Curious to hear feedback from those who upgraded. Love Spaces I
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

My words on the upgrade:
- the GUI is too small for modern 4/5k displays
- no visual display for input/output
- no info about the new IRS within the plugin

Last month I bought Symphony from Exponential Audio - this sounds more natural to me than QL Spaces 2.
I bought 2 Spaces upgrades and it seems that I don‘t will use it anymore...
It feels like a 1.5 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari88 View Post
Bump

Curious to hear feedback from those who upgraded. Love Spaces I
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Can you show us some proof that most people prefer a small interface? I find this a ridiculous thing to say or believe.

Why not have multiple options either way?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I've spent some time trying the Spaces II demo and whilst it does sound good and has a nice easy to use GUI, I am at least as happy if not happier with Reverberate II and Acon's Verberate! I certainly can't justify buying Spaces II considering the results I'm getting with my current reverbs.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut
Definitely a YMMV proposition...

I'm completely sympathetic to the disgruntlements (I know that word doesn't exist...so sue me) expressed in this thread...and Nick's hubris is a little much...but I paid the upgrade price for Spaces II (just today...so the 2 day thing has been definitely abandoned) and I'm glad I did. I think it sounds excellent, and there are two projects in my docket right now that will benefit from it.
Old 23 hours ago
Gear Nut
Apart from the well documented "stones in the road" that East-West throws at their not quite so valued client base, the fact remains, this is a superb product. I've got a mighty collection of reverb plugins, and I like or love them all because I am an ambience freak, but for mixing acoustic music (which I do a lot of), you are hard pressed to find a better collection of IR's along with the implementation. I especially like the Reynolds Hall. Anyways, my experience with the product itself is positive...
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Guyz , i can't recall if it has been stated , but are old ir have been updated or tweaked (aka do they sound better) ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search