The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonarworks Establishes a new Studio Reference Sound Standard “Sonarworks SR”
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
I dont understand how getting rid of the Optimum Phase mode can be considered an upgrade? Sonarworks previous marketing/manual spoke about this setting as being the best tradeoff between phase response and transient presentation - is it somehow no longer supposed to be good?

Very important to me as this is the mode that sounds most natural on my monitoring setup and has become my baseline for reference.

I wont be "upgrading" to this down grade...
+1
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
+1
I also don't understand their decision to dumb down the existing software and remove the mixed phase mode, which they propagated as best of both world and I also preferred it by far. C'mon guys at Sonarworks, it is nice that you improved the measuring process, and I for one don't care about the simulation aspect, but you definitely should not remove the mixed phase mode. And you could also improve the customization of correction curves or even just increased the resolution of steps for tilting. Currently it is limited to a 1dB difference. 0.1dB would be much preferred.

I will not up(down)grade until you put mixed phase back.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

The only thng that kept me from usng the linear mode and mainly using the mixed one is the pre riging issue , is it gone with linear now ? if so , i will understand why the mixed mod isn't on the menu .... if not , ii will consder it strange also
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
If you use the plugin in your DAW then it's zero latency.
It's not! Filter topology in EQ is adding delay. The fact that my host use PDC (plugin delay compensation) does not have anything with delay added with plugin itself. A delay added in signal flow is still delay.

Mind you i am on Win and there is a possibility i am not seeing some option. I only tried it shortly but there was not zero latency operation in VST plugin itself. Just few replies above another Mac user also reported there is no zero latency and it's in Sonarworks to do list or something.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Just few replies above another Mac user also reported there is no zero latency and it's in Sonarworks to do list or something.
You mean the guy who reported Systemwide wasn't giving zero latency and my reply to use the plugin for minimum latency and that Sonarworks have it in future plans to add to Sytemwide?
If so, that's obviously not the same as reporting the plugin has no zero latency.

Maybe it would help if you explain what latency you're seeing with the plugin version and where you're seeing it reported or measuring it.
Certainly it's reporting zero samples to my DAW and so PDC is not required and therefore it can be considered as zero latency in my book.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
I also don't understand their decision to dumb down the existing software and remove the mixed phase mode, which they propagated as best of both world and I also preferred it by far. C'mon guys at Sonarworks, it is nice that you improved the measuring process, and I for one don't care about the simulation aspect, but you definitely should not remove the mixed phase mode. And you could also improve the customization of correction curves or even just increased the resolution of steps for tilting. Currently it is limited to a 1dB difference. 0.1dB would be much preferred.

I will not up(down)grade until you put mixed phase back.
Agreed, I also miss the optimum setting as others have mentioned and would love to have a more customizable correction curve as well.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
It's not! Filter topology in EQ is adding delay. The fact that my host use PDC (plugin delay compensation) does not have anything with delay added with plugin itself. A delay added in signal flow is still delay.
Both on Windows and OSX the plugin reports zero latency to Ableton Live, but only if you set the filter to zero latency (left setting under the advanced tab). Systemwide is a whole different story.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Is anyone else finding that it only sounds good mixed in about 25-35%?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post
IMO it should be 100% all the way. Otherwise you're not correcting the problems with your frequency response. You may just be used to the incorrect response of your room/headphones? It's also a good idea to experiment with the tilt or target curves to get a tonal balance that works for you.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post
I go for max 60%. But my room is treated, and I only use SW for the last 10-20% correction. If your room in untreated, SW might have to work too hard, and that's when 30% might already sound really unnatural.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossie23 View Post
If your room in untreated, SW might have to work too hard, and that's when 30% might already sound really unnatural.
True. Another option is the "limit correction" control (some people prefer no boost for example).
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Head

What is the default FR graph resolution/smoothing in Sonarworks? Can it be changed by the user?
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Maniac

I totally understand the desire to keep things simple, especially for the hifi customers.

I would also really like to see a "Pro" version with a million options and settings. Things like detailed control over the curve resolution, limits on boosts, phase options, ability to only correct below a certain frequency, etc (basically every user request in this thread and then some).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search