The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HoRNet releases ThirtyOne – 1/3 Octave Spectrum Analyzer and Auto EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 13 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
Oh man it's complicated...

1.0.0 was based on a mistake, while evaluating the plugin try to make sure to compensate for loudness changes as the algorithm was unable to set negative gains (even though the GUI showed them, basically what was showed wasn't nearly related to the gains applied that rarely went up more than 2dB)

Regarding the reference, it's not pink noise. What the plugin does is evaluate the average of the spectrum, then for every band it computes the average between the previous and the following band. these two averages are summed and again averaged, the gain is then derived comparing the current band with this average level.
As the last step this gain is offset with the one from the reference profile (that actually tweaks the lows, mid lows and extreme highs not more than 2dBs).

This algorithm is similar to a smoothing image algorithm, just made in one dimension instead of two, and the result is to smooth out resonances in bands next to each other and too high relative to the signal average.

I hope this explanation shed some light on the plugin and helps you understand better how it works.

Saverio
So am I to take it that version 1.1.0. is how the auto-EQ is supposed to work and we won't get the 1.0.0. auto-EQ back because it was a mistake? Or are you still working to make the auto-EQ have the same behaviour as 1.0.0.?
Old 12 hours ago
Yes I am worried too-please don't cancel Christmas on us! It's really hard to unhear what 1.0.0 did. There must be a way of keeping THAT sound and being able to save the settings...
Old 12 hours ago
Here for the gear

RIP 1.0.0...........We will miss you.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

oh well...it's pretty easy to bring back the old sound but i'm sure that most of it is due to a loudness bias, every gain was increased and never decreased so everything sounded a little louder...

I can easily add a switch to make id behave like the old one...

Saverio
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
oh well...it's pretty easy to bring back the old sound but i'm sure that most of it is due to a loudness bias, every gain was increased and never decreased so everything sounded a little louder...

Saverio
There was definitely an increase in gain in 1.0 like you described, such that to get a fair A/B comparison I had to decrease the output by around 1.5dB or so. Even taking that in to account and gain matching, there was an aggressive quality about 1.0 that I liked. It was more "in your face" where as 1.1 is just... smoother. It's doing what it should be doing and I do like it a lot, so perhaps an "aggressive/smooth" switch would give us the best of both options. That would be awesome
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Have the issues been sorted now? When I tried 1.0.1 the algorithm worked different every time I put auto on. Static was not static. I love the concept and really want this one to be a knockout like the other hornet plugs.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Addict
Yes, i tried the 1.1 demo, and even on static it kept changing. It would start off, sounding good, then start changing, like it was never the same twice. Couldn't understand what it was doing, or the reason for random changes during a constant loop.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

Hello,
I found after running the audio thru auto eq static mode I can always put it into off mode and my slider settings are retained. I also agree with previous posts about the volume increase with v1.0. I tried to null out v1.0 vs v1.1 and even after volume compensation the signals never completely null. This must be due to Saverio's math differences between the versions. Which brings me to the eq quality between v1.0 and v1.1. IMO there both very good!! I'm sure Saverio like any good Dev will give us additional outstanding features as this product moves along!

And to Saverio, thank you for coming out with this great plugin!!!
Old 56 minutes ago
Gear Addict
It changes so quickly, I found I can't even switch it to off before it has changed. if the tonal material is the same over time, e.g. a loop, I don't understand why it would keep changing, instead of settling down.
Old 49 minutes ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

Saverio
yes, please! That's what I asked you, a button to choose the aggressive algorithm or the soft algorithm.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search