The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SKnote announce "Marconi1" - "73" Preamp and EQ, hands on circuits. Saturation Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

No, today the Mac AAX is being uploaded, then all the formats upgraded at once.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Decent CPU load, too, I guess
Much better now..down to 3.5% on a fairly antiquated 2011 Macbook Pro. Freeze is my best friend
Old 1 week ago
Geariophile

Quote:
No, today the Mac AAX is being uploaded, then all the formats upgraded at once.
Any guess when the recalibrated final will be out in AU?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Once the reported issues are removed we can update all formats. Could happen tomorrow but you know my "developer's" deadlines. It is all about testing
Old 1 week ago
Geariophile

Quote:
Once the reported issues are removed we can update all formats. Could happen tomorrow but you know my "developer's" deadlines. It is all about testing
Great. Thank you and very much looking forward to it!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Marconi1 AAX native for Mac 32/64 bit is available online!

Also available for "pre-buy" if you want to start from this beta, get the final version (and, maybe, the included AAX-DSP) when ready, and cut the price down a bit.

Last edited by quintosardo; 1 week ago at 04:16 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=quintosardo;13066798]Marconi1 AAX native for Mac 32/64 bit is available online!

Hoooooooray!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Marconi1 AAX native for Mac 32/64 bit is available online!

Also available for "pre-buy" if you want to start from this beta, get the final version (and, maybe, the included AAX-DSP) when ready, and cut the price down a bit.
Thanks Quinto.

Gonna try this thing properly.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Great! Note that clicks, pops, zips, etc. are normal because they are not prevented. We are also working on the hi-pass bump to get it more usable (or optional, as I'm actually loving it, ha!).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Got a bit of a weird one. I have 2 computers, one is a dell latop, W10 x64. The marconi works OK in this computer, but my other main system is a hackintosh, running MacOs on one HD, and W10 on another. I always run the Windows10 (x64) side as i get more performance from it. Thing is, i get a no-show on this computer. The plugin just doesn't show up at all in either Reaper or Bitwig......? What can be the problem? Can anyone offer up any clues? Cheers......
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hi! I tried it. It takes a lot of treble away from the signal and the eq can't give it back. I like the sound of the low eq, but this needs a lot of work before I will use it for anything. I don't think the hi freq eq bands deliver the frequencies that they are supposed to do by far. The differences between the "modes" are very small. Anyway, I can only use it for bass at this point, since it dulls the sound down a lot. I have to drive it very low if I am not to get a lot of distortion, so the input level know perhaps needs even more range
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
Got a bit of a weird one. I have 2 computers, one is a dell latop, W10 x64. The marconi works OK in this computer, but my other main system is a hackintosh, running MacOs on one HD, and W10 on another. I always run the Windows10 (x64) side as i get more performance from it. Thing is, i get a no-show on this computer. The plugin just doesn't show up at all in either Reaper or Bitwig......? What can be the problem? Can anyone offer up any clues? Cheers......
Probably the Visual C 2012 Windows distributables are needed... please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it for details if you want more details.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
Hi! I tried it. It takes a lot of treble away from the signal and the eq can't give it back. I like the sound of the low eq, but this needs a lot of work before I will use it for anything. I don't think the hi freq eq bands deliver the frequencies that they are supposed to do by far. The differences between the "modes" are very small. Anyway, I can only use it for bass at this point, since it dulls the sound down a lot. I have to drive it very low if I am not to get a lot of distortion, so the input level know perhaps needs even more range
Input level is hot so we are recalibrating it! Scheduled for the update (may come tomorrow).

High freqs: not normal. Did you try to start again? May be a bug.

Differences between the modes: note that these are not intended as special effects but alternative perfect conditions. They can still sound blatant, though. Effects on inductors are audible only while inductors are working, so while the Presence or Hi-Pass filters are working. Effect of inductors' saturation is dynamic, of course, so generally audible on peaks. You can isolate it by nulling two copies of a track and switching inductors mode on one.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Probably the Visual C 2012 Windows distributables are needed... please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it for details if you want more details.
Thanks Quinto, that solved it. Cheers......

Still only mono here though. Did you say you were going to do a stereo version?

Sounds pretty cool though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Great!

No, it should be stereo in all formats! (Mono as centered or mono on one side?)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Mono centered.........
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Which format and host?
Old 1 week ago
Not even comparable with UAD Neve 1073. Horrible filters and resonance on all combinations of transformers and capacitors. Unusable preamp gain. Not good even as free plugin.

Are you kidding with this one???
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
Not even comparable with UAD Neve 1073. Horrible filters and resonance on all combinations of transformers and capacitors. Unusable preamp gain. Not good even as free plugin.

Every time you post about an SKNote plugin or Quinto you never have anything useful or positive to say, never! I doubt you've even bothered to download this plugin, you just want to whine and moan about it like you do on every other SKNote thread.

Or to put it another way, many people on this thread, some of whom are experienced audio engineers who know what they're talking about, like this plugin and believe it sounds pretty good. You, on the other hand, think it's "horrible", "unusable" and "not even good as free plugin". Hmmm, I wonder whose opinion I'll trust?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

You are free to your own opinions,
but the way you express yourself show
a disrespect for other users.

I believe that was not your intention ...

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

so i just ran a mix through this on the 2bus.. loads of clicks and pops and grot while playing through... rendered ok though...
Old 1 week ago
Wow - just grabbed the mac AAX today - this plugin sounds very special to me. The shaving-off of peaks and saturation is my favorite I've heard on any plugin ever. I actually don't mind most of the quirks (like, woah, that 80Hz filter is way too resonant but it actually sounds really cool on some things). There are two things that do actually bother me, which I hope are fixed (and I'm sure they've already been at least mentioned):

1. Quiet high sustained tones emitted by the plugin, noticeable when playback is stopped.
2. No Eucon mapping!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:

Could you give us some comparison clips of the UAD vs Marconi, I'm sure we'd all love to hear the difference?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

And here we have the golden ear with tin manners
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eascholz View Post
Wow - just grabbed the mac AAX today - this plugin sounds very special to me. The shaving-off of peaks and saturation is my favorite I've heard on any plugin ever. I actually don't mind most of the quirks (like, woah, that 80Hz filter is way too resonant but it actually sounds really cool on some things). There are two things that do actually bother me, which I hope are fixed (and I'm sure they've already been at least mentioned):

1. Quiet high sustained tones emitted by the plugin, noticeable when playback is stopped.
2. No Eucon mapping!
Nice!

All the Pro Tools mappings coming, of course! Together with the AAX-DSP, too (Venue anybody?).

This plugin is the first one we program at this level, as everything had to be modeled like on a breadboard, to be able to switch whole sets of components and still having complete models running.

This is where we are:

- Runs solid everywhere. Not a single crash report (I mean the overall stability of the software) for any format.
- The "breadboard" works perfect, as we have 3x3x3=27 different combinations of components all running.

This is what we are going to do:

- Enable all the auxiliary "systems": de-zippering (when you move a control like input gain), de-popping (when you switch from a system, like "Capacitors 1", to another one), flter stability checks (some humming).
- Check the filters and fine tune the components. Because what you are seeing there is the 1:1 behavior of the schematics. We can now replace every single resistor or whatever, until we tune the filters to hardware.

Keep following, if you like this kind of stuff, wait for the final release, if you are not.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocreeper View Post
Could you give us some comparison clips of the UAD vs Marconi, I'm sure we'd all love to hear the difference?
Not the right time for this, please wait while we tune the components for the filters, including the HP resonance
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

2. No Eucon mapping!
The saturation is actually very special. I think that the main reason why 1073 channels are so great and famous for certain uses is the design of the amplification: there is a lot of different DC and AC paths that make everything "rotate" all the time through different paths. Like various frequency bands moving along different paths. Harmonics keep moving all the time.
Also quite slow time constants in the circuit and lots of feedback (which usually means less or harder distortion but this is not the case) make for the typical soft distortion and make it sound useful on guitar as an overdrive.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Gearslutz Beta Team Soap Opera are announcing a new season.

Happy New Year
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And Albert the genius is following the whole series like he is loving it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

2. No Eucon mapping!
Nice!

All the Pro Tools mappings coming, of course! Together with the AAX-DSP, too (Venue anybody?).

This plugin is the first one we program at this level, as everything had to be modeled like on a breadboard, to be able to switch whole sets of components and still having complete models running.

This is where we are:

- Runs solid everywhere. Not a single crash report (I mean the overall stability of the software) for any format.
- The "breadboard" works perfect, as we have 3x3x3=27 different combinations of components all running.

This is what we are going to do:

- Enable all the auxiliary "systems": de-zippering (when you move a control like input gain), de-popping (when you switch from a system, like "Capacitors 1", to another one), flter stability checks (some humming).
- Check the filters and fine tune the components. Because what you are seeing there is the 1:1 behavior of the schematics. We can now replace every single resistor or whatever, until we tune the filters to hardware.

Keep following, if you like this kind of stuff, wait for the final release, if you are not.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search