The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW DAW Software
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Nut

Software AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW

AudioSwift is a new app for macOS that let you use a trackpad as a control surface and MIDI controller in your DAW. You will be able to move one or two faders at the same time, set the values of the panning, sends, master fader, write automation and use the trackpad as a jog wheel, all by just using simple touches and without the need of moving the mouse pointer over each parameter. AudioSwift also let you make beats, play notes in a key and use the trackpad as an XY pad.

Features:
  • Four controller modes: Mixer, Trigger, Scale and XY.
  • User configurable preferences settings.
  • Compatible with several DAWs (see requirements).
  • Compatible with MacBooks, Magic Trackpads 1 and 2.
  • Force Touch and Touch Bar support.
  • 30 days free trial demo.

Requirements:
  • Requires macOS 10.11 or newer.
  • A Macbook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro with built in multitouch trackpad, or any Mac with a Magic Trackpad 1 or 2.
  • Force Touch support requires a compatible trackpad.
  • Touch Bar support requires macOS 10.12.2 or newer.
  • Mixer Mode currently supported in Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Ableton Live (more DAWs to come).
  • Trigger, Scale and XY Mode works with any DAW just like any MIDI controller.

Price: $24

Get 30% discount using coupon GOLDENFROG30 until December 31, 2017.
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Head

Absolutely genius! Well done guys! Instant buy
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Head

Seriously!? This is GENIUS. New products are cool, but creating new products from things we already have, is way cooler!
Old 9th December 2017
Gear Nut

I've made a short demo on using a trackpad as an XY Pad with AudioSwift. I've assigned a one finger touch: the x-axis moves the frequency of the Auto Filter, the y-axis the resonance, and when the finger is released the Auto Filter is disabled.

AudioSwift in XY Mode

Best regards,

Nigel Rios
Old 9th December 2017
Gear Nut

bought it!
great little tool
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Now i got a reason to buy a trackpad!!!
Old 10th December 2017
This looks good. It would be great to have a mode that functions like nobcontrol Welcome | NOB CONTROL where it would move any parameter the mouse was over instead of having to midi learn - don't know if this is possible.
Old 10th December 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpt View Post
This looks good. It would be great to have a mode that functions like nobcontrol Welcome | NOB CONTROL where it would move any parameter the mouse was over instead of having to midi learn - don't know if this is possible.
Indeed, something like holding command+alt+control and just moving the mouse without clicking. That would be a killer feature.
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpt View Post
This is already possible with a trackpad. I configured mine to react like that using three fingers (dragging)
Old 10th December 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boody View Post
This is already possible with a trackpad. I configured mine to react like that using three fingers (dragging)
Really? How did you do that?
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Afaik it is standard behaviour now (Sierra). Used to b a setting for trackpad preferences. Point mouse over knob/ fader, add two fingers, make adjustment by moving a finger up or down
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
You need to enable this at System Preferences/Accesibility/Mouse & Trackpad/Trackpad Options. Then enable dragging and choose three finger drag. See attachment
Attached Thumbnails
AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW-screen-shot-2017-12-10-5.21.08-pm.png  
Old 10th December 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Wow, I had no idea, thanks!
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Great product instant buy for me as well ! Subscribed to this thread
I've got a feeling that there is more in store with Audioswift development
(I am in no way affiliated with Goldenfrog)
Old 11th December 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqverb View Post
Great product instant buy for me as well ! Subscribed to this thread
I've got a feeling that there is more in store with Audioswift development
(I am in no way affiliated with Goldenfrog)
Thanks for buying AudioSwift. I'll be monitoring this thread and posting some updates. People have been sharing with me suggestions to improve the app.
Old 13th December 2017
Gear Nut

Old 13th December 2017
Lives for gear

Very interesting
Old 18th December 2017
Gear Head
Great utility app for Trackpad as mixing aid.

Cool, tested it for about an hour : Instant buy. Especially for 18 €. The instruction movie is very good and I advise everybody to just have it open on an iPad or such whilst installing and doing the settings. Very clear! Very wise decision not to overprice with the abundance of iPad controllers out there. But this is VERY quick to use and setup and I have re-inventented my old (first gen) trackpad like this ( With cd markers , so you can get it off or change it with some cleaner petrol). Don't want to look at the screen when mixing too much. I would LOVE to see an additional RECORD-REMOTE setup with : "PLAY-STOP-RECORD-UNDO-TO LAST BEGINNING set of buttons." or maybe even the ability to select your functions for some buttons yourself...? ( Nigel Rios ? ;-)
The trackpad is just a lovely light little thingy to be setting next to a recording setup. Much easier and less expensive than an iPad that I've been using. Of course bluetooth only goes so far....

Give it a try if you have a trackpad.
Attached Thumbnails
AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW-img_6971.jpg  
Old 18th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfrans View Post
....But this is VERY quick to use and setup and I have re-inventented my old (first gen) trackpad like this ( With cd markers , so you can get it off or change it with some cleaner petrol)...
I wonder if dry erase markers would work.... perhaps need to be redone every so often, but easier to clean off?
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfrans View Post
I would LOVE to see an additional RECORD-REMOTE setup with : "PLAY-STOP-RECORD-UNDO-TO LAST BEGINNING set of buttons." or maybe even the ability to select your functions for some buttons yourself...? ( Nigel Rios ? ;-)
Thanks for getting AudioSwift. About your suggestion I would recommend using an app called BetterTouchTool. What it does specifically for the trackpad is assign key shortcuts to finger gestures like swipes, taps, pinch, etc. It is app specific, so you can have a set of gestures for Logic, one for Ableton Live, one for Safari, and so on.

I personally use it. To set it, I didn't use finger swipes to trigger key shortcuts because they are no precise. I preferred to use one finger taps over the borders of the trackpad. There are 8 available border zones so I assigned to each one a key shortcut for Logic, like copy/paste, split regions, join regions, move locators to region, undo/redo, close plugin windows. Plus if you add a modifier (command, shift, option, etc) to each zone you have a lot of possible user assignable functions; all that your brain can handle and remember.

So you can use AudioSwift for moving faders, panning, solo, etc, and Better TouchTool for key shortcuts. Together they are a great combination for improving your workflow.
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Frog View Post
Thanks for getting AudioSwift. About your suggestion I would recommend using an app called BetterTouchTool.
I use BetterTouchTool but it didn't occur to me to extend it's functionality to Ableton since I use Push as my main controller but there are some shortcuts that will come handy using the trackpad. Thanks for the tip!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Just a reminder that the 30% discount offer ends on December 31. I've been working on a couple of new features for AudioSwift, like the option to turn on the console window with five fingers tap, or with an user-defined hotkey other than Tab.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

New version 1.1.0 of AudioSwift

New version 1.1.0 of AudioSwift has been released with two new features:

1. Now you can choose between three options to turn on the AudioSwift console: with a four fingers tap, a five fingers tap, or a user-defined hotkey.

2. The states of the XY buttons in XY Mode are now saved after quitting AudioSwift.

To download, just click "Check for Updates" at the AudioSwift main menu.
Attached Thumbnails
AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW-02-new-version-1.1.0.jpg   AudioSwift - Use your trackpad as a control surface and MIDI Controller in your DAW-02-new-version-1.1.0-2.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
This looks wonderful, I'm looking forward to demo'ing and possibly purchasing it! It's only when I came across something like this that I realized that such things ought to be built into the trackpad to begin with

TYVM Señor Rios.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Totally worth the $24, esp. if you have a Touch Bar. Impressed with customer support, as well. Needs some tweaking over time, but the product is in its first cycle and shows great promise. Hope the interface continues to evolve and become more refined and functional.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

This is simply a stunning idea ;-) When @Nigel Rios & @audioswift team.

If this can be ported to Windows OS will be an instant buy for sure ;-)

Either way kudos
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
+1 for a Windows version!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
This is simply a stunning idea ;-) When @Nigel Rios & @audioswift team.

If this can be ported to Windows OS will be an instant buy for sure ;-)

Either way kudos
Thank you. For the moment, there's not a plan for Windows. I'm going to see how is the response with the app first before diving into another OS.

I just added an email subscription form at the bottom of my website AudioSwift – Use Your Trackpad As A MIDI Controller if someone is interested on getting updates on AudioSwift development.

If you have purchased the app before and checked the "Get updates and news" box at the checkout, please subscribe again using this form. I couldn't retrieve the subscription list because of a mistake I did. I apologize for that.

Best regards,
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search