The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia announces the V Collection 6 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th December 2017
  #1
News Desk Editor
 
The Press Desk's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Arturia announces the V Collection 6

Arturia announces the V Collection 6-unnamed-2-.jpg
Arturia announces the V Collection 6

The team at Arturia are proud to announce that V Collection 6 is now available.

V Collection 6 represents a landmark in the title’s history, with the addition of 4 sensational, iconic instruments, bringing the total number of synth and keyboard recreations to 21.

V COLLECTION HAS TRULY COME OF AGE.

Using their exclusive True Analog Emulation® & physical modelling technology, Arturia’s engineers, developers, and sound designers have been able to recreate the creme de la creme of keyboard instruments. Instruments that have shaped the course of popular music for over a century. From illustrious, historic pianos to revolutionary digital synths, glorious organs to analog masterpieces, and everything in between; for the serious retro instrument fan, V Collection 6 is the only choice.

EXCLUSIVE RELEASE OFFERS

To celebrate its release, and only for a limited time, V Collection 6 will be available for an incredible price. Whether you are new to Arturia products, want to upgrade from a previous version of V Collection, or own any other Arturia products, you will have access to an exclusive deal that will put the very best synth and keyboard recreations ever made at your fingertips.

INTRODUCING THE FANTASTIC FOUR

What would a new edition be without exciting new virtual instruments? V Collection 6 introduces 4 legendary keyboards reborn in software, rendered in meticulous detail, and given new powerful features that take them beyond their original spec.

BUCHLA EASEL V: recreating Don Buchla’s leftfield analog synth from 1973, the Music Easel changed the way people created sounds with performance-focused parameters, putting the focus on the artistry of being a recording artist. Perfect for exploring alternative sound design, creating ambient, widescreen textures, and unfamiliar sequences. Taking Buchla’s experimental vision one step further, Arturia have incorporated Gravity, a physics-based synth engine into their software recreation, letting you take your music where no one has gone before.

DX7 V: the Yamaha DX-7 needs no introduction, and its legacy is felt in charts around the world to this day. If you’ve ever listened to the radio, watched a film, or owned any 80s records, you’ll have heard the DX-7. Notoriously tricky to program, Arturia’s recreation simplifies the process by vastly improving the interface, and expands its synth capabilities with a mod matrix, customizable envelopes, extra waveforms, a 2nd LFO, effects, sequencer, arpeggiator, and more.

CLAVINET V: arguably the most famous, influential electric keyboard of all time, the legacy of the Clavinet is everywhere. Released by Hohner in the mid-60s, its funky, energetic tone gave life to myriad genres over the decades. From disco to R&B, prog rock to pure, unadulterated pop, the percussive, soulful sound of this legendary performance keyboard is reborn in Clavinet V. Arturia’s physically modelled recreation lets you dig deeper into the instrument, changing the physical properties of the instrument, and adding classic amp and effects combos into the mix.

CMI V: known fondly as the mother of all samplers, and a groundbreaking additive synth, the Fairlight CMI truly redefined pop music production following its release in 1979. Arturia’s recreation builds on the features of the original by providing 10 multitimbral, polyphonic slots to design your sound, real-time waveform shaping, effects, a sequencer, and even a brand new “Spectral” synth that can scan and mix sections of audio, letting you create your own wavetable synth sounds.

THE GANG’S ALL HERE

The definitive 6th edition of V Collection also features 2 major updates to existing titles.

ANALOG LAB 3: incorporating the classic sounds of all V Collection instruments in one handy interface, this is the ultimate launchpad for your creativity. Featuring a new browser, new modes, and ultimate controller keyboard integration, finding the perfect sound from over 6,000 presets has never been more easy or fun.

PIANO V 2: the industry’s foremost physically modelled piano software suite just had an exciting overhaul. The 2nd version of Piano V features three extra piano models including a Japanese Grand, a Plucked Grand, and a Tack Upright, enhanced mic positioning, an improved EQ, a new luscious stereo delay, and an in-built compressor help your piano parts sit in your mix.

Completing the line-up, and featuring more subtle tweaks, improvements, and enhancements, are the old favorites; the stars of the show that made V Collection the first choice in vintage keyboard emulations. V Collection 6 also includes Synclavier V, B-3 V, Stage-73 V, Farfisa V, Mini V, Matrix-12 V, Solina V, SEM V, Wurli V, Jup-8 V, ARP 2600 V, CS-80 V, Prophet V, VOX Continental V, and Modular V. Analog synths galore, revolutionary digital synths, luscious organs, modular marvels, perfect pianos and keyboards, and even a string machine. V Collection 6 has it all.

Hear the new instruments in action, and start your V Collection 6 journey by watching the announcement video here:
YouTube

To discover more about the Arturia V Collection 6, the stories behind the vintage instrument recreations it contains, and to find out more about True Analog Emulation®, visit the Arturia website :
Arturia - VC6 Introductory Offer
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia announces the V Collection 6-unnamed-2-.jpg  
Old 5th December 2017
  #2
Lives for gear
Can the DX7 V read original patch files? Why did they not do a DX1?
Old 5th December 2017
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Didn t saw that coming ...
Old 5th December 2017
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Cool... but, does anyone know/remember if upgrades are ever less than 200 USD, like 100, maybe?

I think I've already got 400 or more in v5... not too keen to keep paying 100/year on average for upgrades and additions.

Probably just have to sit this out for a year or however long and see.

Looks nice, though.
Old 5th December 2017
  #5
The Arturia virtual studio is looking very slutty!
Old 5th December 2017
  #6
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
Can the DX7 V read original patch files?
yes
Old 5th December 2017
  #7
Lives for gear
Have they readied the VST3 programmers manual yet? V5 was the first with VST3, and they did not get it right...
Old 5th December 2017
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Bought V5 under a year ago.

And now another $ 200.- ?

Hmmm ... dont like the taste ...





Old 5th December 2017
  #9
Gear Addict
 

It's starting to become a thing where companies have these big sales for products that have been out for awhile and after the sale is over the announce the new version and more and more require even recent purchasers to pay something to update to the newest version. Not a fan of this tactic.
Old 5th December 2017
  #10
Lives for gear
 
timemist's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
Cool... but, does anyone know/remember if upgrades are ever less than 200 USD, like 100, maybe?

I think I've already got 400 or more in v5... not too keen to keep paying 100/year on average for upgrades and additions.

Probably just have to sit this out for a year or however long and see.

Looks nice, though.
I'm not put off by the $199 upgrade since they do appear to add quite a bit to the package over v5, so I'm probably going for it.
Old 5th December 2017
  #11
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by timemist View Post
I'm not put off by the $199 upgrade since they do appear to add quite a bit to the package over v5, so I'm probably going for it.
For $199 i skip too. CMI seems a bit interesting though, however the synclavir was not good. And after that Im don't think they are up to do digital emulations. Well they are not emulations they are interpretations. A digital emulator should run the original software... And the DX7, what does it better than FM8?
Old 5th December 2017
  #12
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
And the DX7, what does it better than FM8?
A real DX7 emulation maybe
Old 5th December 2017
  #13
The way I'm looking at the $199 update is $50 for each of the four new instruments. A $50 dollar plugin is a no brainer and you get a high quality reproduction of these vintage goodies. What's there not to like
Old 6th December 2017
  #14
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
$199 for the upgrade... Just a bit too expensive for the "new" elements. I already have V5. At $99 they'd have me.
Old 6th December 2017
  #15
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
$199 for the upgrade... Just a bit too expensive for the "new" elements. I already have V5. At $99 they'd have me.
The price to upgrade doesn't bother me. There are new instruments and new content. I get that. What I can't understand is the time limit to upgrade for existing customers. The upgrade price should have no expiration and that's all there is to it.

I purchased Arturia V Collection 4, then upgraded to V Collection 5 not long after that. I'm a loyal customer and I enjoy the products. I can't be arsed to hurry into upgrading. I'll upgrade when I'm ready and if the price goes up between now and then, I won't upgrade at all. No hard feelings.
Old 6th December 2017
  #16
Here for the gear
Analog Lab 3 got also dumped on my V Collection 4 so I gave it a try. Took 20 minutes to crash Logic this time, so I guess that's an improvement...
Old 6th December 2017
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
For $199 i skip too. CMI seems a bit interesting though, however the synclavir was not good. And after that Im don't think they are up to do digital emulations. Well they are not emulations they are interpretations. A digital emulator should run the original software... And the DX7, what does it better than FM8?
The Synclavier V is great. Maybe you dont
care for the sound, but it is a 1:1 clone of
the original Synclavier, using code from the
Synclavier’s original designer. To say it isnt
good is total nonsense.

FM8 is not anywhere near a DX7. It is FM but
it is not even close to a DX7.

I would recommend downloading the free
demos of the new V-Collection 6 instruments
before saying anything more about a subject
you obviously know nothing about.
Old 6th December 2017
  #18
Lives for gear
I wonder if it’s worth getting for my 2008 Mac Pro. Ask.audio review makes it sound like my cpu would beg to be euthanized.
Old 6th December 2017
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic orange View Post
The price to upgrade doesn't bother me. There are new instruments and new content. I get that. What I can't understand is the time limit to upgrade for existing customers. The upgrade price should have no expiration and that's all there is to it.

I purchased Arturia V Collection 4, then upgraded to V Collection 5 not long after that. I'm a loyal customer and I enjoy the products. I can't be arsed to hurry into upgrading. I'll upgrade when I'm ready and if the price goes up between now and then, I won't upgrade at all. No hard feelings.
Exact specially when we already spent on BF , cuber monday ect ...all sales at the same time ....better to spread costs ....i have zillion of sound generator options this will wait ....until it goes in again or on sale ....
Old 6th December 2017
  #20
Lives for gear
I jumped at the upgrade... The Fairlight alone is fantastic and is going to make me waste a lot of tie today! ;-)
Old 6th December 2017
  #21
Lives for gear
 
timemist's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
And the DX7, what does it better than FM8?
I guess you've never had a DX7. FM8 is good, but it isn't better than a DX7.
Old 6th December 2017
  #22
Gear Head
 

I think the additional pianos in Piano V 2 are an excellent choice of addition. It's a shame that Arturia V 5 Collection users have an update for every instrument except Piano V. Aside from the 3 new pianos, the other updates ("enhanced mic positioning, an improved EQ, a new luscious stereo delay, and an in-built compressor") would have been a nice freebie update. But I understand how that's technically difficult.
Old 6th December 2017
  #23
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timemist View Post
I guess you've never had a DX7. FM8 is good, but it isn't better than a DX7.
Very true. I have FM8, and it's a great DX7*ish* plugin, but it doesn't pinnacle my DX7. There's room to get closer. I'm hoping Arturia has done that because I've always wanted a true DX7 plugin.
Old 6th December 2017
  #24
Gear Head
 

Can anyone explain how much better the old synths that are a part of the collection like the Jupiter sound with this update?

Are there any tweak-ability improvements made to the GUI?
Old 6th December 2017
  #25
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@Arturia View Post
A real DX7 emulation maybe
From the commercials it seems to be a lot of extensions, so it is obviously not a real emulations.
Old 6th December 2017
  #26
Lives for gear
 
timemist's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Very true. I have FM8, and it's a great DX7*ish* plugin, but it doesn't pinnacle my DX7. There's room to get closer. I'm hoping Arturia has done that because I've always wanted a true DX7 plugin.
Same here. I also have FM8 and a real DX11. The FM8 is a fine VI, and I'm intrigued by the Arturia DX7 offering, especially the "easier to program" part.
Old 6th December 2017
  #27
Gear Head
 

Have anyone used this yet?

Are there any obvious interface/sonic differences on the synths that are apart of the old Arturia synth catalog (elo Moto; anybody home)??????

Old 6th December 2017
  #28
Lives for gear
 

I'm left wondering why anyone would want a DX7... don't get me wrong, I have tens of thousands of dollars worth of vintage analog I paid pennies on the dollar for when I was a teenager because of the dexies, so I love them for that ($150 for Mini Moog #4441 as one small example... how about three ARP 2600s for a little over a grand or a brand new Oberheim TVS for $450?).

Later in college, I got to do real FM on a $30,000 Crumar GDS system... model that and I'm in.

At the same time I was apprenticing in a real studio and subjected to a cumulative nearly-lethal overdose of DX EPs, while a phenomenal Dyno-My-Piano modified Rhodes 88 with every option sat collecting dust.

I still have a DX100 and TX81Z... those were fun at the time for sounds analog couldn't do, but never a typical 6 OP preset (actually liked 4 OP better).

Anyway, the sound of DX EPs still nauseates me... especially with harmonizer detuned vocals.

The others look good, though... I'll likely pass on the upgrade for now.

Arturia, please consider a $100 upgrade after some time has passed (six months to a year?)... I'd do that.

I'll even let you keep the DX.
Old 6th December 2017
  #29
Gear Nut
 
Kristofer Harris's Avatar
 

Frustrating to see all the yapping and complaining about the upgrade price. There is new content with V6 - it's not just bug fixes and GUI changes... why should it be free? What an absurd expectation.

That said, I would expect Analog Lab to be more stable at this point. Jeeeeeeez. In agreement that the upgrade price shouldn't have time-limited discount.
Old 6th December 2017
  #30
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
I'm left wondering why anyone would want a DX7... don't get me wrong, I have tens of thousands of dollars worth of vintage analog I paid pennies on the dollar for when I was a teenager because of the dexies, so I love them for that ($150 for Mini Moog #4441 as one small example... how about three ARP 2600s for a little over a grand or a brand new Oberheim TVS for $450?).

Later in college, I got to do real FM on a $30,000 Crumar GDS system... model that and I'm in.

At the same time I was apprenticing in a real studio and subjected to a cumulative nearly-lethal overdose of DX EPs, while a phenomenal Dyno-My-Piano modified Rhodes 88 with every option sat collecting dust.

I still have a DX100 and TX81Z... those were fun at the time for sounds analog couldn't do, but never a typical 6 OP preset (actually liked 4 OP better).

Anyway, the sound of DX EPs still nauseates me... especially with harmonizer detuned vocals.

The others look good, though... I'll likely pass on the upgrade for now.

Arturia, please consider a $100 upgrade after some time has passed (six months to a year?)... I'd do that.

I'll even let you keep the DX.
The DX thing is nostalgia.

Can pick up the hardware for pennies on the dollar on eBay contrary to the true analog synthesizers that float around there.

They could have picked the DX1 but probably did not because of the lack of brand recognition......

I cut my first 12 inch vinyl on a track where I used the tx81z in the early 90's.

I know that unit inside out; you can make some cool patches with a lot effort; the FM synthesis is not the most easily programmable sound engine that's out there.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump