The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Shattered Glass Audio releases Inferno - Saturation and Distortion Plug-in Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th December 2017
  #1
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Shattered Glass Audio releases Inferno (Introductory pricing ending in 6 days)

Inferno is is designed to emulate five classic, vintage, tube and transistor circuits. Each emulated circuit in Inferno, other than having the hardware counterpart held in high regard, offers something unique, such as different active components, circuit topology, etc. Each circuit in Inferno can be used to add different character, color, warmth, and distortion to your tracks and mixes. Such a wide variety of saturation choices makes Inferno suitable for use on any kind of track and instrument in your mix regardless of genre. To achieve the most authentic analog sound and feel of each emulated circuit, Inferno uses high-fidelity models based on the full circuit simulation of each hardware component.

You can download Inferno at*Shattered Glass Audio
Demo limitations are:
  • Audio fades out briefly every 45 seconds.
  • Demo cannot save presets
Introductory price until Dec. 26, 2017 is $24.99. After the introductory period, the regular price will be $49.99
Old 5th December 2017
  #2
Gear Head
 

Instant crash in Studio One...64bit vst, Win 10
Old 5th December 2017
  #3
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
Introductory price until Dec. 26, 2017 is $24.99. After the introductory period, the regular price will be $49.99
At that price it would be an instant buy, if it wasnt paypal.

Dont you offer a CC option?
Old 5th December 2017
  #4
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Old 5th December 2017
  #5
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
Sorry! Only PayPal for now.
What about the CC covered by paypal option (where no account is needed)?
Old 5th December 2017
  #6
Dig this company–excited to try and most likely buy this. Code Red gets used often, SGA1566 and the amp are very good
Old 5th December 2017
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Sounds awesome !!
Old 5th December 2017
  #8
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
What about the CC covered by paypal option (where no account is needed)?
That option is already available. When you click on the “Buy Now” button you should be taken to the PayPal login page with the “Pay with Debi or Credit Card” button at the lower (almost bottom) part of the page.
Old 5th December 2017
  #9
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
That option is already available. When you click on the “Buy Now” button you should be taken to the PayPal login page with the “Pay with Debi or Credit Card” button at the lower (almost bottom) part of the page.
Doesn't seem to be so. These are the options i get.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Old 5th December 2017
  #10
Lives for gear
 
retractablezing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
designed to emulate five classic, vintage, tube and transistor circuits.
Can you clarify which circuits were emulated?

ps. sorry for the premature question, just read the manual.
Old 5th December 2017
  #11
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
Doesn't seem to be so. These are the options i get.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
I get “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button where your “Create Account” button is.
Upon some investigation there seems to have been a bug at PayPal. I’ve added some settings that should let you see the ”Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button. Give it a try.
Old 5th December 2017
  #12
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
I get “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button where your “Create Account” button is.
Upon some investigation there seems to have been a bug at PayPal. I’ve added some settings that should let you see the ”Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button. Give it a try.
Still no change this end. I'll give it another go in a few hours and see what happens.

Its also not the first time this has happened.. not even the first time today for me.

My morning of trying to buy from plugin resellers (paypal and more, rant). (This thread is from earlier today, before i tried to purchase your plugin).

If you google it, the problem seems quite common across the net.
Old 5th December 2017
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Can’t help but notice the difference in models seems very subtle at lower settings. It’s more obvious at high gain, but the difference between tube and transistor models is smaller than I’d expect. On sound though the distortion is amazing. Certainly one of the best I’ve heard (by some distance).
Old 5th December 2017
  #14
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
Can’t help but notice the difference in models seems very subtle at lower settings. It’s more obvious at high gain, but the difference between tube and transistor models is smaller than I’d expect. On sound though the distortion is amazing. Certainly one of the best I’ve heard (by some distance).
At lower Drive settings the signal going into the “circuit” is weaker. The weaker the input signal the fewer and weaker harmonics are generated regardless of the active device; for infinitesimal AC input levels active devices have linear behavior. This also means that, at low Drive settings, the output signal will, harmonically, more closely match the input signal resulting in less audible difference between outputs of different models.

Well designed transistor (pre)amp can and does sound close to a good tube (pre)amp. It is easier to screw up the sound with transistors (BJTs in particular) than with tubes though.
Old 5th December 2017
  #15
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Looks yummy!
Old 5th December 2017
  #16
Gear Addict
 

Based on previous SGA releases - this was an instant buy for me.

My first reactions were kinda "Meh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
At lower Drive settings the signal going into the “circuit” is weaker. The weaker the input signal the fewer and weaker harmonics are generated regardless of the active device; for infinitesimal AC input levels active devices have linear behavior. This also means that, at low Drive settings, the output signal will, harmonically, more closely match the input signal resulting in less audible difference between outputs of different models.

Well designed transistor (pre)amp can and does sound close to a good tube (pre)amp. It is easier to screw up the sound with transistors (BJTs in particular) than with tubes though.
I knew that input drive and output compensation were important but I gotta say that as of now, those are extremely fiddly (lack of text input/output and lack of numerical values as a whole). it's a hit-or-miss affair.

So I tried it with BCGain (two of 'em, to be precise. one before inferno and one after - with reverse action).

Now that's a whole new different ball game.

Add after that (those three amigos) AW's Loud... and be prepared for a massacre

One of the few tools that can keep the relative tone of a snare synth drum within a Microtonic loop which contains lows from the abyss... without KVETCHING the $hit out of its tone.
Old 5th December 2017
  #17
Gear Addict
 

How's the CPU usage??
Old 6th December 2017
  #18
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by axembler View Post
Instant crash in Studio One...64bit vst, Win 10
I am sorry but we cannot reproduce this.
Attached are files showing Inferno (vst2 and vst3) running in Studio One 3 on Win10 x64. Care to give us bit more detail (sampling rate, buffer size, hardware etc.).
Also, Inferno uses 8x oversampling.
Attached Thumbnails
Shattered Glass Audio releases Inferno - Saturation and Distortion Plug-in-vst2.jpg   Shattered Glass Audio releases Inferno - Saturation and Distortion Plug-in-vst3.jpg  
Old 6th December 2017
  #19
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Strange, bought this half an hour ago. Got the mail with my transaction id. Still your page says that you don't have any record of my transaction!?

Got it now. Thanks!

Last edited by johnnynash; 6th December 2017 at 08:23 PM..
Old 6th December 2017
  #20
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynash View Post
Strange, bought this half an hour ago. Got the mail with my transaction id. Still your page says that you don't have any record of my transaction!?

Got it now. Thanks!
Excellent! PayPal is sometimes slow on sending us the notification of payment.
Old 7th December 2017
  #21
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
At that price it would be an instant buy, if it wasnt paypal.

Dont you offer a CC option?
You can use your cc# through Paypal too... FYI
Old 7th December 2017
  #22
Gear Addict
 
leckel1996's Avatar
I'm really liking this so far! Could anyone speak into the characteristics of the different circuits? I'm not hearing a big difference between them.
Old 7th December 2017
  #23
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
I'm really liking this so far! Could anyone speak into the characteristics of the different circuits? I'm not hearing a big difference between them.
Please, take a look at the manual, if you haven’t already. We describe each circuit, origin, sound, and give you ideas of where to use it.
You are correct about differences not being big. Also, the weaker the input signal the more subtle the differences. This is, actually, expected behaviour because the weaker the input ac signal the more linearly active devices (tubes and transistors) behave. This results in fewer and also weaker harmonics being produced by each circuit, thus making them sound more alike. Hope this makes sense. All of this is compounded by the fact that emulated circuits have very flat frequency response. Notable exceptions are SGA-351 that has a slight boost in the lower bass, and SGA-BA2C that has a bit of a boost in the treble region.
We designed Inferno to have the onset of audible overdrive is around -3dBFS. This should give you plenty of headroom to push the input signal to make differences in sound between different models more apparent, yet retain the clean-ish sound.
Pushing Inferno into overdrive and distortion would make differences between circuits more apparent. This is true only to the point of where you are distorting so much that your output is a approaching a square wave; a square wave is a square wave no matter which circuit creates it.
Hope this gives you ideas to experiment and find how to best use Inferno in your music.
Old 7th December 2017
  #24
Gear Addict
 
leckel1996's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
Please, take a look at the manual, if you haven’t already. We describe each circuit, origin, sound, and give you ideas of where to use it.
You are correct about differences not being big. Also, the weaker the input signal the more subtle the differences. This is, actually, expected behaviour because the weaker the input ac signal the more linearly active devices (tubes and transistors) behave. This results in fewer and also weaker harmonics being produced by each circuit, thus making them sound more alike. Hope this makes sense. All of this is compounded by the fact that emulated circuits have very flat frequency response. Notable exceptions are SGA-351 that has a slight boost in the lower bass, and SGA-BA2C that has a bit of a boost in the treble region.
We designed Inferno to have the onset of audible overdrive is around -3dBFS. This should give you plenty of headroom to push the input signal to make differences in sound between different models more apparent, yet retain the clean-ish sound.
Pushing Inferno into overdrive and distortion would make differences between circuits more apparent. This is true only to the point of where you are distorting so much that your output is a approaching a square wave; a square wave is a square wave no matter which circuit creates it.
Hope this gives you ideas to experiment and find how to best use Inferno in your music.
Sorry about that...I'm awful when it comes to reading manuals. I appreciate your detailed reply!

I used Inferno in a couple places on a mix I did last night and I'm loving it!
Old 7th December 2017
  #25
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
You can use your cc# through Paypal too... FYI
I stepped away from paypal because of some serious issues i was having with them. I have no interest in returning as an account holder.
Old 11th December 2017
  #26
bought and am really digging this! great for adding vibe, size, and movement at conservative settings on drum or master buss. another sick plugin with a wicked price tag SGA
Old 11th December 2017
  #27
Gear Addict
 

I'm curious and will demo this tomorrow. If it's set so that it'll need hotter signal coming in, how about updating it with input knob? Or an internal trim knob, to change the calibration?
Old 11th December 2017
  #28
Gear Addict
 
Alex_HS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
You can use your cc# through Paypal too... FYI
Not in the all countries. I have the big PITA with paypal account activation. I'm live in Russia, but citizen of Ukraine and paypal ask me about personal country-specific data, that I haven't and can't to provide. And I can't to register my account as Ukrainian with Russian CC. For Russia and Ukraine there are no option for paying CC directly without account creation. Closed circle.
I don't have such problems with other payment systems.
Old 11th December 2017
  #29
Gear Head
 
SGA's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I'm curious and will demo this tomorrow. If it's set so that it'll need hotter signal coming in, how about updating it with input knob? Or an internal trim knob, to change the calibration?
All circuits (i.e. models) in Inferno are calibrated to have audible onset of overdrive at approximately -3dBFS. This was chosen to give users plenty of headroom when using Inferno just for adding some analog warmth.

Inferno, also, has the Drive knob that can boost the input signal by 24 dB. That should be sufficient to get Inerno’s circuits to distort even with a weak input signal.
Old 12th December 2017
  #30
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
All circuits (i.e. models) in Inferno are calibrated to have audible onset of overdrive at approximately -3dBFS. This was chosen to give users plenty of headroom when using Inferno just for adding some analog warmth.

Inferno, also, has the Drive knob that can boost the input signal by 24 dB. That should be sufficient to get Inerno’s circuits to distort even with a weak input signal.
Ah, ok! From what was written above, I somehow got the impression that it would behave differently when feeded with hotter signal, than it would when turning up the Drive control.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump