The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Releases Classic Tubes 3 for Virtual Microphone System Condenser Microphones
Old 30th November 2017
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Slate Releases Classic Tubes 3 for Virtual Microphone System

Watch The Launch Video:

The Classic Tubes 3 Expansion Packs add five new lush, vintage, and warm tube mics to the Virtual Microphone System mic locker. From German classics to custom hybrid Tube/Ribbon mics, these mics will help give your recordings a classic tone and feel.

FG-37a
A recreation of a famous vintage Japanese tube microphone. This mic is one of the most flattering sounding microphones in the entire collection. The midrange is sculpted in a way that makes almost any voice pleasing. It also sounds great on acoustics, drum overheads, and piano.

FG-49
A model of one of the most famous old German tube mics, the FG-49 has an incredibly dominant and rich midrange along with a slightly airy and smooth top end. It makes a fantastic vocal mic on the right singer, but really shines as a drum room mic, piano mic, horn mic, or kick drum mic.

FG-47mk2
This is the second model of a famous old German Tube mic. It is similar in nature to the stock 47, but has a slightly smoother upper midrange and top, along with a fatter low mid. This mic will be perfect for vintage vocal sounds, and will sound great on a kick drum or bass cabinet.

FG-67mk2
The stock 67 in the VMS collection has the low pass filter mod which makes it brighter than a typical 67, so we decided to add a gorgeous sounding stock 67 to Classic Tubes 3. The stock 67 is somewhat dark on the top end with beautiful lush lows. It can be great on vocals, drum rooms, piano, horns, and just about anything that needs a vintage tone!

FG-44
This is the first VMS model of a classic ribbon mic, but in cardioid form. But since this is classic TUBES 3, we added a custom tube stage to give the mic model some more tube harmonics and subtle saturation. This mic is great on anything that needs ultra smooth vintage vibes!

Classic Tubes 3 for VMS is $299, but is being offered at an intro price of 50% OFF (just $149) until December 15th.

MORE INFORMATION AND PURCHASING HERE:
Virtual Microphone System - Slate Digital

VMS users who bought VMS during the promotion (before March 31st) will be receiving an email instructing them how to get a FREE license for Classic Tubes 3.

If you want to buy VMS so that you can get Classic Tubes 3 at it's intro price, the VMS is on sale globally at 10% OFF, which is $899 in the USA. Call your Slate Dealer.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th November 2017
dzb
Gear Nut

Glad to see it did come to life, but, wow... that is quite a duration from March (to entice people) and have them wait to nearly the tip of December to see the vision come alive - different approach to marketing than some might dig, but hey, that's cool you got it ironed out and it is finally here. Congrats.

Kind of surprised to see that Classic Tubes 3 was not included with the VMS or for current / recent sales (as in recent quarter, not back several months)...

Didn't the Classic Tubes 2 get phased out of being a for-sale product? Guessing others might wonder if that will occur with CT 3.

With the GS thread initial post back on September 9, 2016 announcing that Classic Tubes 2 was available, CT 2 was included for Free up until the end of September 2016 - same month (i.e. recent).

You do have some decent products, so I am not here to be negative - just seeking clarification that others may be wondering similarly.

Seems like the sales pitch is a bit different this time around with Classic Tubes 3 vs Classic Tubes 2. Would have been cool to see a consistent marketing approach with Classic Tubes 3.

Also, with the mk2 versions of a couple mics, are those improvements that make the VMS (w/ CT2 mics) less worthy than the mk2 versions in CT3?

Anyway, congrats on the new release.

Last edited by dzb; 30th November 2017 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Head

Demo sound great; would have liked to hear the vocals dry.

Got my attention
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

My license for CT3 was sent as a passcode and it looks like the option to enter a passcode in the user area has disappeared. Have anyone else gotten their license successfully?
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
My license for CT3 was sent as a passcode and it looks like the option to enter a passcode in the user area has disappeared. Have anyone else gotten their license successfully?
Had the same problem. They are aware of it and you should receive another email shortly with the correct code.
Old 30th November 2017

Hi guys, our automated system sent out a few bunk codes, fixed codes coming! Thanks for your patience!

Hope you all enjoy Classic Tubes 3 as much as I am!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th November 2017
Here for the gear

How long with the VMS be 10% off for? Long and McQuade has it back at full price.
Thanks
Old 30th November 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axon Jackson View Post
How long with the VMS be 10% off for? Long and McQuade has it back at full price.
Thanks
Thanks, sales team notified!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th November 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axon Jackson View Post
Thanks
L&M pricing is being updated as we speak.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootking View Post
Had the same problem. They are aware of it and you should receive another email shortly with the correct code.
Yup all fixed here.
Old 30th November 2017

Really excited to hear your feedback on these mics. I selected this bunch because they are OOOZING with vintage vibe and richness. We spent a lot of time studying and recreating the subtle sonic details of the tube stages to get to ensure the emulations are spot on, including the smooth silky top end and warm lows.

We'll be doing live mic shootouts with the actual REAL mics at NAMM this year for all to see.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th November 2017
Congrats on the New Release Steven Slate and Team. Can't wait ti try these!!!!

KP
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

omg Steven this is my personal christmas gift for 2017.
You´re very grateful ! Thanks
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Nut

Steven,

I feel like I owe you some more money! Can't believe you have given these babies away for free to your early adopters. The quality sound of these emulations is unreal. Can't say how accurate they are, but for me, the only thing that counts is the sound. Just beautiful, rich, and warm tones. I think everyone will be happy with these. Thanks, and I look forward to giving you that money I owe you on the next release!
Old 30th November 2017
Here for the gear

Steven thanx for this great offer ... it sounds fantastic ..
Don't wanna spoil the party and fun, but just in case you read this ... I get "corrupted binary" error on aall my plugins in VMR , after I installed the last version 1.8.6.1. Tried reinstalling ... twice.. same error ! Then I went back to the previous version and everything works fine..(btw I submitted a ticket at slate support)

I apologize to everyone for derailing this thread .. I'm just eager to try this gift - Santa must have come a bit early this year !

Old 1st December 2017

Hi 1999, make sure when you install the new VMR with the new mics that you overwrite ALL previous VMR versions in all folders (on PC they may hide in multiple places).

Cheers,
Steven
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Nut

boy, do I have a blast with these!

I don't think I had such blast since my father-in-law ran down on me from the attic with a demented look on his face, yelling: "Norm, Norm, it's that flying c*nt up there again", referring to a bat, apparently. As if I was a freaking Bruce Wayne The Batman to jump up there and make her fly away.
Old 1st December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi 1999, make sure when you install the new VMR with the new mics that you overwrite ALL previous VMR versions in all folders (on PC they may hide in multiple places).

Cheers,
Steven

Thanx Steven ... your support already contacted me (kudos for that) .. we'll try to figure out something

Old 1st December 2017
Here for the gear

Hmm, mine crashes Logic's Audio Unit Manager, I get the "auvaltool quit unexpectedly while using the Virtual Mix Rack plug-in" dialog box when I try to open Logic X. The 32-bit version works fine, and I can open that in Logic 9, but it's a no go on the 64-bit version. Is anybody else having this problem? I'm running Logic 10.0.7, OSX 10.8.5.
Old 1st December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post

Cheers,
Steven
Hi Steven, Check your Email.

Thanks!
Old 1st December 2017
GMR
Lives for gear

Is there a demo period to try these out ? Can’t find anything on the site ...
Old 1st December 2017

You just keep giving me more and more
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

The new 47 and 67 are great. I think people complaining about harshness and high end zing will enjoy the new models. I look at this as a sign that the models will only get better and better. I’m glad I was an early adopter.
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Nut

Just awesome! Took a while but if they are as good as the other, and I’m expecting that they’re better, than I’m going to have a blast! Thanks for the early Christmas present Steven. I applaud your enthusiasm, vision , and creativity. My best, Danny.
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
The new 47 and 67 are great. I think people complaining about harshness and high end zing will enjoy the new models. I look at this as a sign that the models will only get better and better. I’m glad I was an early adopter.
Agreed! The new models are very smooth and I love the variety that the new models bring to my virtual mic locker.
I like the new 67 a lot on my voice!
Old 1st December 2017
That is a nice demo of different people using different microphones. What I would love to hear is the same take but the mic gets switched every few lines. I want to hear them side by side !
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezibelzebub View Post
That is a nice demo of different people using different microphones. What I would love to hear is the same take but the mic gets switched every few lines. I want to hear them side by side !
Here's a couple lines I recorded to test models out. It's the same take for all the models. Intensity slider at 100% (lowest setting), no eq, FG-73 pre and slight compression just to even out the dynamics a little bit. Same settings for all models (apart from the model choice obviously). Also I added a touch of reverb.
All 13 VMS models on the same take (new models are 47mkII, 67mkII, 44, 37a and 49).
ct3 - Google Drive
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

This is a fantastic set.
Old 1st December 2017
SEB
Lives for gear

Testet them on smooth male and female vocals and on some classic heavy rock. Several of the new models are outstanding for the vocals I tested them on.

Great work!
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

Thumbs up Demoed last night

! Great product!!

Thanks once again Slate! - JC
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search