The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica & Studio DMI present LIFT Plugin Bundles
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Head

Acustica & Studio DMI present LIFT

Acustica and Studio DMI have joined forces again, this time to create a real “big shot” called LIFT!
LIFT is the second plug-in in the DIAMOND series. It is the perfect complement to COLOR-EQ, and is equally at ease both in mixing and mastering sessions.
In a nutshell, LIFT is carefully designed to be a state-of-the-art tool for the pro-audio industry.

Diamond Lift captures the true essence of the Studio DMI workflow and signature sound that has been used for several years by Luca Pretolesi and Scott Banks, on numerous chart-topping records. Lift is carefully pieced together to accurately emulate four integral steps of our process and make the Studio DMI sound, that is achieved in our studio with multiple pieces of analog gear. Each section of the plugin has been purposefully chosen and designed to make Lift a versatile and powerful, easy to use plugin that can be used to quickly bring a synth or vocal to the front of a mix, or transform a dull track into a thick, exciting and loud final master.

Lift is issued in BUNDLE containing two versions: Mastering and Mixing.

LIFT Commercial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index....art&Itemid=189

LIFT Trial web-page: Diamond - Lift (Trial)

Operation Systems and Formats Supported:
• Supported operation systems: OS X and Windows.
• Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
• Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.

Price and availability:

• LIFT commercial version: €149.00
Special price at €134.10 (10%OFF) form MSRP price on first four weeks. Available as a digital download immediately after payment.
• LIFT trial version: free four week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.

HOW TO PURCHASE DIAMOND LIFT?

• Please go to Acustica-Audio website.
• Register your account if you don't have it yet
• Login
• Open the hidden DIAMOND LIFT commercial page at this LINK for your web browser,
• Add Diamond Lift commercial to the Cart.
• Use the coupon code in checkout step before confirming your order
• Pay your order in Paypal.

HOW TO INSTALL AND AUTHORIZE DIAMOND LIFT COMMERCIAL?

Aquarius is a brand new assistant application from Acustica Audio and it is the best way to download, install, update, and authorize your products.

• Download Aquarius;
Aquarius OSX download LINK
Aquarius Windows download LINK

• Install Aquarius
• Run Aquarius, a pop-up window will appear during the very first time you start application - close this window to access the Aquarius login window
• Login into Aquarius use your Acustica Credentials (Username – Password)
• Go to purchase page, and select the DIAMOND LIFT commercial, choose your plugin format and click on download button.
Aquarius will automatically authorize the DIAMOND LIFT product at the end of the download process.

For further information about Aquarius please read our Aquarius user’s manual

HOW TO INSTALL AND AUTHORIZE DIAMOND LIFT TRIAL?

Aquarius is a brand new assistant application from Acustica Audio for download, install, update, and authorize your products.

• Download Aquarius;
Aquarius OSX download LINK
Aquarius Windows download LINK

• Install Aquarius
• Run Aquarius, a pop-up window will appear on the first start; Enter in this window your Acustica credentials:

Username , Password and the Activation code: “BFRIDAY2017

to automatically activate the Diamond Lift (TRIAL) and other Acustica trials available in Aquarius. This code can only be used in AQUARIUS and it allow to reset all previous authorization slots, so you can try again the TRIAL plugin.
This Aquarius feature will be disabled after the Black Friday and Cyber Monday , for details about it visit Acustica webshop

• Go to purchase page, and select the DIAMOND LIFT trial, choose your plugin format and click on download button.
Aquarius will automatically authorize the DIAMOND LIFT product at the end of the download process.

For further information about Aquarius please read our Aquarius user’s manual

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG?

If you are a registered client of Acustica Audio and you need to contact our support service, please open a support ticket from your account Dashboard. To submit a support ticket, first log-in into your user account,
then go to Customer Area --> Dashboard --> Get Support and submit a support ticket.
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Just downloaded Lift Trial via Aquarius. Really easy.

Just went to Settings -> Coupon Tab -> Pasted BFRIDAY2017

Then Lift Trial was on the Purchased Tab ready to download.

Aquarius is wonderful!
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Head

About to try it now!
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Sweet, will try this tonight!
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Addict

Pages 15 and 16 in manual are empty.
Where I can read about compressor modes?
And why Compressor mode 2 has very strong aliasing compared to modes 1 and 3 even in HQ?
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Purchased coupled with Cobalt!
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Just downloaded and it's all good here. Page 15 shows the compressor curve for each mode.

Quote:
And why Compressor mode 2 has very strong aliasing compared to modes 1 and 3 even in HQ?
You have been talking about Acustica's aliasing for a long time. How are you measuring this? Can you actually hear the problem? I really want to understand better.
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
You have been talking about Acustica's aliasing for a long time. How are you measuring this? Can you actually hear the problem? I really want to understand better.
Apply 1 kHz sinus and see on SPAN plugin
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Addict

Before I start the trial which version is better suited for 2 bus mixing- Mastering or Mixing?
I'm guessing the mixing is geared more for mixing tracks or no?
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
it's a soft saturation strategy, so possibly the aliasing is worse.
The user manual was fixed
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaSupport View Post
Acustica and Studio DMI have joined forces again, this time to create a real “big shot” called LIFT!
How about a direct link to the Lift manual?
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Apply 1 kHz sinus and see on SPAN plugin
Are you sure you aren't confusing harmonics with aliasing? Yes there is some aliasing too there (easier to see if you apply 992Hz instead of 1kHz) but nothing extraordinary.. matches several other plugin compressors aliasing amounts and is less than some and more than a few very clean ones like Kotelnikov.
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
it's a soft saturation strategy, so possibly the aliasing is worse.
I'm pretty sure he confuses harmonics with aliasing. The harmonics pattern is very similar on all of the Acustica Audio compressors though which was curious to see.
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Can't open in Cubase 9.5, Win7 64. Try to put Lift Master on a session (either an old session or completely blank one) and it loads this Nebula 3 screen and freezes. I have to force close Cubase.

Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

I did a quick demo on a vocal and wasn’t really digging this. The compressor was a little pumpy and weird when I tried to dig in. I also think I like the tone of the preamp on diamond eq more. Anyone have an tips for this unit yet or favorite uses?
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Can't open in Cubase 9.5, Win7 64. Try to put Lift Master on a session (either an old session or completely blank one) and it loads this Nebula 3 screen and freezes. I have to force close Cubase.

Did you download it using aquarius?
Try it, the plugin should be named simply lift
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

Just checking out now, so far the clipper section is great! I mix a lot of hip hop and grime (UK) and the clipper is playing very well with what I'm doing (replacing a digital OCLIP a the end of my mixbus).

I'm not super interested in the other sections (maybe the saturation) as I've got that well covered with Nebula and Coral already. Great to hear something a little different and powerful!

Old 23rd November 2017
Here for the gear

I really like Lift, bought it without hesitation!
But when I try the clipper on the mix version I get distortion as soon as the blue light kick in.
The master version works just fine, am I using it wrong?
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Head

Bought right after it replaced almost 3 plugins on my mixbuss
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
I did a quick demo on a vocal and wasn’t really digging this. The compressor was a little pumpy and weird when I tried to dig in. I also think I like the tone of the preamp on diamond eq more. Anyone have an tips for this unit yet or favorite uses?
Love it on vocals actually for tracking especially to lop off the peaks. Also on the mixbus. It does seem to be intended for more transparent leveling though. Mode 2 can used more drastically but if your looking for grit while digging in thats not really what you'll get. In general the strip is all about finesse and slight enhancement and focus that is hard to remove once you've heard it. Pulls everything slightly forward and into focus. The shelves are amazing! The high shelves 1 and 2 to bring tilt up from the 3-8k ranges respectively vocals and such to cut and mode 3 for air. I was prepared to dislike it but it is sooo good. I'll play with it more tomorrow. Back to the feasting.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm not really getting anything from the saturation stage, even at 100% and really throwing some heavy input at it. Am I not listening critically enough, or what exactly should I be listening for? I literally cannot tell a difference when it's engaged and not.
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not really getting anything from the saturation stage, even at 100% and really throwing some heavy input at it. Am I not listening critically enough, or what exactly should I be listening for? I literally cannot tell a difference when it's engaged and not.
I noticed that too but only tested quickly on a vocal.
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is clear harmonic distortion going on. This is not "overdrive" saturation.. this is relatively clean thickening harmonics. Most prominent seems to be 2nd and especially 3rd harmonic.

So yeah, at heavy input if you can't hear it.. you indeed need a bit more critical listening practice. These kinds of distortions are a good test for listening practice and evaluating your own skill level. It's very clearly there yet can be hard to hear for some.

Perhaps try adding the plugin on 10 prominent tracks in a mix at 100% saturation. Then turn them on and off, comparing the results. This way you should be able to hear the effect quite clearly. Also note that once you do hear these subtle distortions you may not be able to unhear them and you'll suddenly realize a completely new subtle veil to all the analogue modeled plugins in general, even when they are not running at full tilt.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head

It's a tremendous plugin, tested it for a while today. Will fall right into my mastering chain. Purchasing very soon.

It sounds fantastic on acoustic guitars too, they just popped. And my jaw dropped on my mix bus.

Mercy.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Addict

You are not deaf i think you are just used to numerous saturator plugins which can at 100% turn your signal at mushy crappy digititus jerky sound.

Acustica lift is not that kind of saturation. Listen carefully at 100% it does apply like some sort of "goey" character (in the lack of better word). Like fluffy flakes on the top of sound. Haha ok funny wording but there you have it.
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Try adding the saturation to a full mix especially one with with lots of high hats and cymbals preferably ones that need taming. Start to crank it. When you get to around 60% start to listen closely. The high hats and cymbal volume will decrease as if they are receding or tucking into the mix. The drum sound overal will focus and definitely start thickening. Listen to the kick drum in particular. Overall the channel strip is stealthy but adds thickness, depth, and focus transparently. I totally disliked Diamond eq but Lift is undeniably good. I love it from top to bottom but really like the shelves, (high mode) 2 on a vocal 3 on a full mix (lows) is to taste but if more body is needed 3, all compressor modes, and clipper mode 2 for mastering so far.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Addict

Does anyone know the detailes of the 3 clipping modes?
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head
Coupons

Is 10% off Pre-order price the only discount for this or will distributors get coupon codes as well? Just tried demo and love that clipper!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search