The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica & Studio DMI present LIFT Plugin Bundles
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcel View Post
If you have a Mac Pro Cylinder 12 Cores (Maybe it works with less Cores) you win 30% capacity of Reaper because Reaper works better without Multithreading.

I worked with Logic Pro before, but Logic use and need Hyperthreading. Then, it only for Reaper.

To switch it of, go to Apple Store and Load (free) Xcode.

When Xcode is in you Application, Ctrl+clic on it to show package content. Inside you'll find another program called : Instruments. (place the alias in your desktop) .

So, before to run Reapper, you launch "Instrument" and go to preferences. There, you will see the window "Multi-threading - ON " you clic to turn it OFF" and that's all.

When you switch off your Mac and restart it goes back to the initial position "ON".

If your run Logic Pro you can have the same performances if you choose "Play back mode" and not "Playback and Live mode"
I understand, thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Though, I have the 12 cores older mac pro, the one before the cylinder, so I guess it's not gonna work.
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I have the 12 cores older mac pro, the one before the cylinder, so I guess it's not gonna work.
Not sure, you should try... you could get a very good surprise
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcel View Post
Not sure, you should try... you could get a very good surprise
I'll try, I just installed xCode
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
Apologies! I had no intentions to derail anything or to hurt somebody.
you're too nice brother but thanks for your previous comments.
In hindsight, I agree with both, bmanic and you.
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

I used Lift on all the tracks and on the master

I know I posted a song last week. this is a new one. celebrating the first album of my band that is now 10 years old. **** I'm old!

Hope you guys like the mix.
I hope to not depress you to death hahaha

Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
Apologies! I had no intentions to derail anything or to hurt somebody.
No worries man. I'm the one who needs to apologize for my tone. It was a frustrating day yesterday so I was out of line. I should just have not commented at all.

Cheers for being awesome!
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post

I know I posted a song last week. this is a new one. celebrating the first album of my band that is now 10 years old. **** I'm old!

Great job mate Tres bon travail dans l'ensemble incluant cette derniere chanson que tu nous partage ici. I really love the organic feel you bring in your mixes, pure to the real sound of the instruments and open & also subtle feel you get when listening to your band songs & mixes. Always has that nice round vintage (whatever we want to call it) tone & feel.

Bravo encore a votre groupe. J'espere que vous tournez a MTL (shows etc..).

Thanks for sharing & keep pushing
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Très belle chanson, nice melody... not sure about the sound.

What would happened if you have used GOLD preamp , comp and EQ ? Or Titanium 3B and preamp which is incredible ?

Still demoing Lift and still hesitate...
Old 11th December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Niice! You also used Lift Comps for Vox and piano?
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolus Wordclock View Post
Niice! You also used Lift Comps for Vox and piano?
Thanks! yes I used Lift on my vocal (male) with bit of tube comp and high shelf (+ saturation) and used Lift on female with little bit of tube comp, sat no eq and also the piano. lift no compression with lifted lows

Old 13th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mininoyz View Post
So Luca Petrolesi’s demo is music ? And loudness war is an artistic goal ? I’m not sure of the right answers...
hello there the purpose of the video is to push lift on a sweet spot as far clipping with an intentional very light saturation on it, on purpose I also go little over the current rms level for bass music / trap, normally I reach -4, in this case I pushed between -3 to -2...

ciao
Old 13th December 2017
Here for the gear

From a swede living in Ceriale: Belìììììììììììn! This stuff makes wonders.

Clipping creates a certain intensity and presence, it's not just about loudness. Together with the diamond preamp things can get very frontal and competitive.

I like the way the clipping sounds from this plug, unlike some software clipping plugins LIFT sounds as if the transients are almost enhanced, instead of smeared.

Thanks fot making this plugin, it's a huge time-saver.
Old 13th December 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laptopkid View Post
it's a huge time-saver.
Indeed it is.
Old 13th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaPretolesi View Post
hello there the purpose of the video is to push lift on a sweet spot as far clipping with an intentional very light saturation on it, on purpose I also go little over the current rms level for bass music / trap, normally I reach -4, in this case I pushed between -3 to -2...

ciao
Sure, sorry about this bad joke Luca. I respect your work, but maybe this example was a bit tooooo exaggerated. My apologies.
Old 15th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mininoyz View Post
Sure, sorry about this bad joke Luca. I respect your work, but maybe this example was a bit tooooo exaggerated. My apologies.
No worries! Thanks for your support!
Old 15th December 2017
Gear Addict

Even though it's designed on Luca's gear & sound Lift+ Diamond can be used on all types of material & not limited to any specific genre.
Old 16th December 2017
Gear Nut

Ok I'm in. Somebody said this is fast and I agree now after trying out the demo for a couple of weeks. It is versatile too as proven by patrick81 in his song and of course the notorious Luca demo LOL - for a while I wasn't sure if I needed a plugin that could add 8 or 9 atmospheres of pressure and acid rain to my master bus - but after trying it out on various material it has many more uses than that. I did stick the Gold Pre in front of Lift so I'm digging a couple of sounds that compliment...thank you G (Acustica) and Luca (DMI) for teaming up for a great tool!
Old 17th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylen View Post
Ok I'm in. Somebody said this is fast and I agree now after trying out the demo for a couple of weeks. It is versatile too as proven by patrick81 in his song and of course the notorious Luca demo LOL - for a while I wasn't sure if I needed a plugin that could add 8 or 9 atmospheres of pressure and acid rain to my master bus - but after trying it out on various material it has many more uses than that. I did stick the Gold Pre in front of Lift so I'm digging a couple of sounds that compliment...thank you G (Acustica) and Luca (DMI) for teaming up for a great tool!
thanks!!!
Old 17th December 2017
Lives for gear

thank YOU Luca for these awesome tools, and also for chiming in here bringing directly your suggestions and explanations! I appreciated it quite a lot!
Old 18th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by laptopkid View Post
From a swede living in Ceriale: Belìììììììììììn! This stuff makes wonders.

Clipping creates a certain intensity and presence, it's not just about loudness. Together with the diamond preamp things can get very frontal and competitive.

I like the way the clipping sounds from this plug, unlike some software clipping plugins LIFT sounds as if the transients are almost enhanced, instead of smeared.

Thanks fot making this plugin, it's a huge time-saver.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hi Luca,

thanks to Acustica and yourself we have an amazing finishing tool on our hands. I mix EDM and will include a sample of what I did using LIFT soon.
Do you have any suggestions that you could quickly jot down on how to use LIFT on lets say buses (drum, bass, lead, arp, pads...)?

Would you have LIFT as a final tool in a mastering chain and just dither when exporting your wave?

Anyways, great job again and thank you for sharing! Looking forward to more collaboration between Acustica and yourself.

Cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
Hi Luca,

thanks to Acustica and yourself we have an amazing finishing tool on our hands. I mix EDM and will include a sample of what I did using LIFT soon.
Do you have any suggestions that you could quickly jot down on how to use LIFT on lets say buses (drum, bass, lead, arp, pads...)?

Would you have LIFT as a final tool in a mastering chain and just dither when exporting your wave?

Anyways, great job again and thank you for sharing! Looking forward to more collaboration between Acustica and yourself.

Cheers
thanks for the great words!
I use lift MIX in parallel a lot for shaping purposes on claps / snares toms etc,
Lift Mastering for control peaks and light eq on busses, on the stereo buss I like to use one to emulate the AD clipping and another one at end of the chain to squeeze little bit of extra rms compression+clipping.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thank you Luca.
I am remixing one of the progressive trance tracks by ReOrder so that example with my workflow using lift is going to be shared here.
I prefer to compress slightly at different stages so the sound is not squashed but shaped for the lack of a better word. I think using LIFT in parallel could be very useful.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
Thank you Luca.
I am remixing one of the progressive trance tracks by ReOrder so that example with my workflow using lift is going to be shared here.
I prefer to compress slightly at different stages so the sound is not squashed but shaped for the lack of a better word. I think using LIFT in parallel could be very useful.
Good idea! I actually do the same some times on studio one with internal parallel function
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Nothing about the plugin, but I just got done watching your PureMix tutorial and learned a lot of new things that I have already put into my latest mixes.

Thanks for being here, sharing your thoughts, techniques and now your work with Acustica.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Good idea! I actually do the same some times on studio one with internal parallel function
so... why not an upgrade with a mix button?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwitb View Post
so... why not an upgrade with a mix button?

great input, thanks! We will definitely put on the list of possible next v2
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
great input, thanks! We will definitely put on the list of possible next v2
Thanks! And maybe link the input and output could be awesome on all diamond stuff ✌️
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I didn't want to like this (Acustica annoys me) ...but this is really good. It's also been fairly stable (!).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search