The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Inside The Mix: Red Hot Chili Peppers w/Andrew Scheps Dynamics Plugins
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Head

The mix don't impress me but its far from bad.

I listen to the vinyl YouTube.

Personally I felt that the energy particularly on the vocal could have been greater.

It is funny how all these rock bands are flirting with The Beatles arrangements; it can miss-fire if not done right......but I'm sure the track will do great.

Personal opinions ain't got nothing to do with consumption preferences.
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
The question in this debate is whether you think or not that the course advertised in this thread is the real one, the one that shows what Andrew Scheps is able to do.
If u read the comments some here have claimed that Scheps actually uses his outboard gear to mix real projects these days. I was responding that this is false. (Unless we believe in conspiracy)
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

how much this course is? and how hella to get it?
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
If u read the comments some here have claimed that Scheps actually uses his outboard gear to mix real projects these days. I was responding that this is false. (Unless we believe in conspiracy)
Are you Mr. Scheps' assistant?
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
how much this course is? and how hella to get it?
I actually recommend the yearly offer they are giving right now. Best for your buck cause if you are disappointed with one mix you will not be on the other. For me fly Rasta from Andrew for instance is one of the best out there. and Vence Powell Tutorial awesome. And sometimes Fab will come out simple but critical EQ or maybe compressor only tutorials and those are priceless. All in all You will benefit from Yearly subscription than single purchase. That is my POV.

My only complain there is not showing mixes to the level of Release sounding mixes. Always they finished the mix up on rough mix. But the concept that you learn is priceless.

Oh I forgot you can also check out mix with the masters.
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Are you Mr. Scheps' assistant?
The fact that Andrew Schep's is all in the box now is extremely well attested. Multiple sources of evidence and dozens of videos and interviews from the man himself explaining just this. If it's not true then it means that Scheps is an accomplished liar deliberately perpetuating an audio conspiracy designed to mislead. Companies like Pure Mix and Mix With the Masters would be complicit in the deception along with all the artists and labels that know the truth but keep quiet. I guess the question is how likely do u think all that is? The inescapable conclusion here is that he mixes in the box just like he claims. U don't need to be his assistant to work that one out..... As for me I prefer hardware!!
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Nut
if u had to choose between mix with the master and puremix, based on ur experience watching both of them, which would u chose?

this is a little bit off topic, I know, but puremix might receive nice comments about their videos as they already received it until now :].

thanks
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeltn86 View Post
if u had to choose between mix with the master and puremix, based on ur experience watching both of them, which would u chose?

this is a little bit off topic, I know, but puremix might receive nice comments about their videos as they already received it until now :].

thanks
To me it is like saying which compressor is good LA 2A or 1176. SSL or API, Harrison or Neve.

It depends man. To me if you are noob want to learn from start up I would say Puremix all day. Once you understand the basics in other word once you grasp what is there in puremix, those tricks really really good knowledge there to be honest. And you will reach your limit and then you go to mix with the masters.

Puremix will help you to understand what mix with the masters engineers saying on the fly. Sorry if it offends Puremix guys but Puremix is kind of for dummies. mix with the masters you listen what is going on. If you don't have at least 5 years of mixing experience go to Puremix and understand what is going on even if you have 5 years experience you will learn something so it doesn't hurt to give it a year a shot. And then mix with the masters to stimulate your brain.
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Nut
thanks, that's a really good advice. I can't say I'm a noob, but I still haven't reached the 5 years u mentioned. that said, my mixes still

got to say that I severely underestimated audio. thanks a lot! :]
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear
I actually subscribe to both! They are both excellent. Puremix has really lifted its game in response to mix with the masters I think. Their Vance Powell series was amazing! I actually can't decide between them.
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

on which element Andy used RBass?

I will get the 3 month subs asap, tho.
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
I actually subscribe to both! They are both excellent. Puremix has really lifted its game in response to mix with the masters I think. Their Vance Powell series was amazing! I actually can't decide between them.
I'm curious to know the business behind MWTM, Groove3 and Puremix. Are they basically made up of elite (GRAMMY winning/nominated/mainstream music) engineers who just decided to earn some extra income from education? Or were they approached by some educational companies with money offers?
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I'm curious to know the business behind MWTM, Groove3 and Puremix. Are they basically made up of elite (GRAMMY winning/nominated/mainstream music) engineers who just decided to earn some extra income from education? Or were they approached by some educational companies with money offers?
Both I'd bet..
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Nut
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Warren Huart has a great vid on itb vs otb... His point is one made often but just as often ignored... Plugins are of great quality, but the rock god famous mixers working itb are getting material recorded with great gear in great rooms.. In other words, it's much easier to do itb when you've got a great analog front end... Also, these are all guys that came up in proper studios learning what each piece of gear did and what they were hoping to accomplish before patching something in

I'm blessed to have a high-end adjacent bunch of analog for my front end. It wouldn't be as fun just plugging into sterile preamps on even an expensive interface and then having to fake a whole chain with plugins... That wouldn't be awesome at all for me
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Nut
I can't believe people assume that they make money out of user subscription. I wonder if it pays for the server expense and hosting whatever whatever. It doesn't even buy a tooth paste. If one decided to pay whatever money, it shows his dedication to learn. That is somehow a way of filtering out people. So the money that we pay is like a club entrance. That is why they put it on sale for people who might not afford to participate. To give them the chance to be part of the community. Assuming they make money out of users subscription that is kind of funny to me. Advertisement endorsement the likes of UAD, Softube, and others I definitely hope so.

All in all they can influence people with their tutorial and users will be investing with the tools they advertised let say Dangerous, Avid, UAD so on. The money will be made indirectly. If I was an owner of this and that analog gear company I will approach Puremix and give them my gear they will do a tutorial and keep the gear. I know perfectly that the gear that I have given to Ben will bring me 100 more students to buy it in the future. Now that is how to get paid both side.
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

I think you are severely underestimating the $$$$ in "educational videos" and other such services. It is not a coincidence that every dude with somewhat of a name has either started a youtube channel with additional services or landed on an aggregate site that covers all bases. Also note that the subscription fee is not the only way to cover the costs.. but even a 200$ per year subscription fee can become quite a bit when you have 5000+ subscribers (I bet some of the larger companies can easily have double that).

Even though audio isn't on the scale of photography yet (and probably never will be) it's not as a tiny niche as one may think. There is real money to be made in the "tutorial videos" sector as has been shown in numerous other venues (programming, photoshop, 3D modeling, painting etc).

Mind you, I don't think that's bad at all. I'm all in for a good product with value, no matter what it is.. I just don't tell myself that it's charity. It's a product. Simple as that.
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Saturn View Post
I can't believe people assume that they make money out of user subscription. I wonder if it pays for the server expense and hosting whatever whatever. It doesn't even buy a tooth paste. If one decided to pay whatever money, it shows his dedication to learn. That is somehow a way of filtering out people. So the money that we pay is like a club entrance. That is why they put it on sale for people who might not afford to participate. To give them the chance to be part of the community. Assuming they make money out of users subscription that is kind of funny to me. Advertisement endorsement the likes of UAD, Softube, and others I definitely hope so.

All in all they can influence people with their tutorial and users will be investing with the tools they advertised let say Dangerous, Avid, UAD so on. The money will be made indirectly. If I was an owner of this and that analog gear company I will approach Puremix and give them my gear they will do a tutorial and keep the gear. I know perfectly that the gear that I have given to Ben will bring me 100 more students to buy it in the future. Now that is how to get paid both side.
What in the heck are you talking about? Of course they do it to make money! And that's great!

What are they, monks??

I'm sure companies are happy to perma-loan gear to busy content providers... Really busy content providers even charge those companies for the privilege... And that's cool too!

I must say it at least once a week... "Man! I wish I had youtube when I was coming up!!" I bet you could perform basic surgery with youtube videos
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search