The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage Audio Elite Series Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Heritage Audio Elite Series

After almost 7 years making one of the finest hi-end outboard gear lines in the industry, Heritage Audio is proud to introduce the Elite series.
Leveraging the expertise and reputation obtained with its former hand wired, extremely time-consuming hand soldered series, Heritage is able to offer a zero compromise, high quality yet very affordable alternative to the growing entry-level brands.

A combination of mass production, lean manufacturing and modern construction techniques, minimizes hand labor and therefore its high associated costs when manufacturing takes place in Western Europe. By passing the savings straight into the end users´ pockets, Heritage Audio releases the most affordable outboard preamps and equalizers in its class up to date.

Key components to obtain a true vintage sound are indeed maintained, including the industry standard Carnhill transformers, hand wound in St Ives, England.
Manufactured in the same Spanish facilities as the rest of the HA line of products, the Elite Series will be available in January 2018. First models to be released in the series are the 1 rack unit format HA-73EQ (which combines a mic preamp and an equalizer), HA-73 single mic preamp and HA-73X2, the dual channel version.

HA-73 ELITE
Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR and DMA73 models.
Industry standard Carnhill transformers hand wound in St Ives, England.
80dB, 3 stage fully discrete class A mic preamp.
Line input on separate XLR for adding fat and warmth to prerecorded tracks.
20dB PAD on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired.
LOZ, switches the input impedance of the mic transformer from 200 to 50 ohm.
80 Hz hi pass filter. Fully discrete class A.
Ultra high impedance, JFET based D.I.
1 Rack unit format.
External universal power supply for worldwide use.
MAP $649.

HA-73X2 ELITE
Essentially a dual channel HA-73 Elite
Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR and DMA73 models.
20dB PAD on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired.
80 Hz hi pass filter. Fully discrete class A.
1 Rack unit format.
MAP $1199.

HA-73 EQ ELITE
Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR, ´73EQJR and DMA73 models.
Fully discrete 3 band classic equalizer with vintage correct inductors.
Hi shelf at 12Khz.
Mid band selectable between 6 different frequencies and OFF.
Lo shelf selectable between 4 different frequencies and OFF
Inductor based High Pass filter, frequency selectable between 4 different frequencies and OFF.
1 Rack unit format.
MAP $899.
Attached Thumbnails
Heritage Audio Elite Series-eliteseries_1200x628.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Christ, $899 for a full 1073 with the classic look. I'll be damned...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Pleasantly surprised...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Holy crap. Awesome.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

congrats Heritage!
That's a very very clever move.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

They are really nice looking units for the price you ask.
Any chance of some audio samples and pics of the internals?

Could you also state which shops in UE will be selling them and what will be their price in EURO?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Beautiful and very attractive units.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Shut up and take my money
Old 1 week ago
Wow, these look unreal. Wouldn't be surprised if they start popping up everywhere.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Damn, seriously impressed at the asking price of the full 73 unit. That is some straight up DIY prices right there. I dont like neve sound or need one but ill buy one just for the hell of it. Separate line input is pure genius on you guys part.
Old 1 week ago
Jai guru deva om

We are very excited by this, congrats to Heritage for a slam dunk product at an unreal price.

Adding to our site and placing our orders today!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

One word "wooooow" . Can't agree more, when you look at the price, you spin your eyes twice before almost unreal. These will sell like hotcakes and I want ;-) Xmas gift

Congrats to @Heritage Team
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

OK, I want 8 of these.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Wowwwww¡¡¡¡ rockearrockearrockear
Old 1 week ago
Any chance of matched and stepped/switched versions for mastering?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Umm if you can do a 1081 I’ll buy a few now!

Wiggy
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

These look great! Any photos of the guts? However, it's not very clear as to what corners have been cut?

EDIT: OK, I read the description again after coffee SMT and cheap power supply are the two main factors for this price I guess.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmin View Post
These look great! Any photos of the guts? However, it's not very clear as to what corners have been cut?

EDIT: OK, I read the description again after coffee SMT and cheap power supply are the two main factors for this price I guess.
Non tone critical components are surface mount however all of the important tone effecting components such as signal caps and inductors are still through hole.

The power supply is a high quality external switching psu (not a wall wart). There is also further linear regulation inside the units chassis.

This is a no compromise approach to tone. Just as boutique as everything we have designed... just built more efficiently.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Cool, thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddistribution View Post
This is a no compromise approach to tone. Just as boutique as everything we have designed... just built more efficiently.
Are you planning on discontinuing the DMA73 then? I have one and I really like it but I'm trying to understand what the differences (in sound) are comparing to the 73x2.
Old 1 week ago
These prices are amazing. Cleaver more!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmin View Post
Cool, thanks for the info!

Are you planning on discontinuing the DMA73 then? I have one and I really like it but I'm trying to understand what the differences (in sound) are comparing to the 73x2.
The DMA73 and the rest of the handwired series are absolutely going to be continued to be made. Sound wise, an immense amount of time and effort was spent making sure that no compromises were made in the sound quality.

The handwired series will continue on for those of us who are proud of the prestige of having a hand made piece of boutique gear that can sometimes take up to days to make.

Last edited by raddistribution; 1 week ago at 05:53 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Is Heritage any closer to a hand wired 1U 1073? I've been impressed with their standard modules. Just picturing that quality of a rack unit for $2500 or so. Would be fantastic.
Old 1 week ago
Wow. That is a hell of a thing for a hell of a price. Looks like I may have to get a couple... I can't even DIY one for that, more than likely.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
OK, I want 8 of these.
What before you know what they sound like - fantastic!
Old 1 week ago
Wow and at that price point. Could be my first purchase of '18 i think.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
What before you know what they sound like - fantastic!
Do you struggle with figurative language?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

How do these differ from the 8 series (which are 3 x the price)?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

These look fantastic, if these hold up to BAE and your handwired stuff, I'll definitely be buying a pair of the HA73eq's. Even though I have the Stam 1073mpa... doesn't hurt to have more 73's!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddistribution View Post
The DMA73 and the rest of the handwired series are absolutely going to be continued to be made..
So are there going to be Elite versions for the 500 Series as well? These new units look nice but several of them would quickly eat up my rack space.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

These look amazing - when are they available?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search