The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
Doesn't seem much incentive to go O8A. Unless you want individual plugins its real only a few extra modules isnt it? That's if you have O2A and Tonal Balance works with O8S.
Spectral Shaping is only available in Advanced. Its pretty sweet.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Yes that is about the only thing tempting me. A lot more bikkies for 1 plug. Have only tried O8S so will have to install the O8A demo. Or maybe I shouldn't. Opinions on Spectral?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
It’s often done in the world of 3d software, but the prices are much higher in comparison to begin with. SideFx Houdini is 5000 $ , but only 200 $ a year if you make less than a 100k a year in revenues ( albeit with slight feature restrictions). Same for Unity3d , a 3d platform for developping games, etc...

In a way, Izotope ( and some others) is already having a separate scheme . It’s called a “sale”, but you have to be patient to get it. If you absolutely need the product because you make a living with it, you will probably buy it the day it comes out and start using it right away.
If you don’t really need it but just want it, you wait patiently until they drop the price during a sale and buy it. I didn’t really need RX6, it’s something i might probably use 2 or 3 times a year. I waited and picked it up for 25$ during a flash sale ( regular price 130$ For the Elements version ) . Same with Iris which i didn’t really need , got it for 50$ instead of 150$ . Same with various audio and non-audio software that i wanted but not really needed.

Reaper’s case is a bit different though. The guy who develops it was a millionaire before he started coding it ( he is known to be a bit of a genius coder geek ) , he doesn’t really need the money (and he said so ) and doing it mostly for fun. He says he would rather code than go on vacation. Beats me....
This will never happen in audio world... Close as it'll get is monthly subs.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I have the Music Production Bundle 2, but I don't see an option to upgrade just to Neutron 2. What is the path to do that?
Old 1 week ago
MPB2 owner here too, I like Izotope plugins but also find the update price to be disappointing for many reasons, when a new product like Neutron hits, one would expect version II will solve and tighten up some unfinished ideas and non perfect implementations of the process/workflow in version I. IMO people would never buy a 1st generation plugin if they knew it won't get updated, buying a 1st generation plugin is a vote of confidence in the company, who would do better by rewarding their customers then trying to make fast profit out of their new version release.

Another thing which quite bothers me is after watching the YouTube videos of the new releases in order to learn the new features I was under the impression that izotope are aiming for the non pro users with their products now, it's presented mostly as an instant semi auto mix technology for the hobbyists which made me consider jumping off the Izotope tree.. if they did improve their algorithms and created some serious algo's for spectral shaper for example, why isn't it presented?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Well that just blew my budget for a while. But after one mix I am certain this will improve my mixes and the time it takes to get there. That said, I'm not very good at mixing, and therein lies the allure of these tools. I just need to restrain myself as it is easy for me to go too far with the processing. N2A and TBC in a mix are a big help in getting me closer to the mix I want. Although I still struggle with which track to tweak when curves are off. And the Spectral Shaping is very cool. Obviously I should fix in the mix which I can do with the plugin version but it seems to do a smashing job of removing unwanted, um, stuff, with almost imperceptible impact on the overall mix. I still think it is too expensive but like I said, I've been saving since O5S so
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
I have the Music Production Bundle 2, but I don't see an option to upgrade just to Neutron 2. What is the path to do that?
Looks like another fail... After reading the comments regarding upgrading to just Neutron 2 I was thinking of doing the same... but as an MPB 2 owner it looks like we are locked into the full MPB 2 upgrade path. Anyone got any info on that?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
Looks like another fail... After reading the comments regarding upgrading to just Neutron 2 I was thinking of doing the same... but as an MPB 2 owner it looks like we are locked into the full MPB 2 upgrade path. Anyone got any info on that?
I had similar thoughts here.
The upgrade pricing is a shocker IMO. However, I do like Izo technology and have used them for many years so was looking for for a less aggressive upgrade option. Unfortunately, it looks like once you are "all in", as in MPB2 Advanced in my case, the only realistic way to upgrade is the MPS option i.e. you can't cherry pick the products that you really want to try and keep outlay down.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
Contact iZotope support, explain what you are after, and they will send you a direct link to the relevant upgrade, and more than likely a 20% off coupon.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1thedon View Post
I had similar thoughts here.
The upgrade pricing is a shocker IMO. However, I do like Izo technology and have used them for many years so was looking for for a less aggressive upgrade option. Unfortunately, it looks like once you are "all in", as in MPB2 Advanced in my case, the only realistic way to upgrade is the MPS option i.e. you can't cherry pick the products that you really want to try and keep outlay down.
MPB2 owners can just upgrade Neutron or Ozone (to advanced or standard), but the upgrade mayhem is a real mess with so many upgrade paths, not all the options are listed in your iZotope 'Coupons' page, you need to contact support explaining what you are after and they will send you a link to the relevant page.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Spectral Shaping is only available in Advanced. Its pretty sweet.
Other O8 Advanced only things : vintage tape, Pultec style eq, vintage comp, eq matching. Maybe there's more. None of that really interests me, though I do like how they implemented eq match.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
MPB2 owners can just upgrade Neutron or Ozone (to advanced or standard), but the upgrade mayhem is a real mess with so many upgrade paths, not all the options are listed in your iZotope 'Coupons' page, you need to contact support explaining what you are after and they will send you a link to the relevant page.
Thanks a lot for the info Lee
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Other O8 Advanced only things : vintage tape, Pultec style eq, vintage comp, eq matching. Maybe there's more. None of that really interests me, though I do like how they implemented eq match.
Fair enough. Imo though, these shouldn't even be listed in the same category as Spectral Shaper. Outside of Soothe, I'm not sure where else you can find a tool like it. On the other hand, nobody is buying Advanced for the pultec, tape, or vintage comps lol.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
This new Splice thing - how many monthly plans can you have!

I've already got too many.

They start to add up!

I prefer my monthly plan to be .... my mortgage!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
And remember that it's only for the Standard version of both Ozone and Neutron.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post

I've already got too many.

They start to add up!

I prefer my monthly plan to be .... my mortgage!
Standard or Advance?

So I upgrade my MPB 2 to Ozone 8 Adv for 124 $ on Plugin Discount and it work.

There is some improvement in overall sound and TBC is quite amusing when you load reference that you think could be the guide in your work.
So try the demo and decide To be or not to Bee...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Don't know if it was some sort of mistake but..

I just bought the 08N2 Bundle upgrade from MPB2 for $169.15 with the coupon 'GROUP' from JRRShop! Apparently the upgrade price from the MPB2 has been lowered to $199 instead of $299. To me this $199 is what the upgrade should cost. Hurry up and buy before the price goes back up!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
I just bought the 08N2 Bundle upgrade from MPB2 for $169.15 with the coupon 'GROUP' from JRRShop! Apparently the upgrade price from the MPB2 has been lowered to $199 instead of $299. To me this $199 is what the upgrade should cost. Hurry up and buy before the price goes back up!
Wow! Much better price !

If you change the coupon name from the default 'groupbuyauto' to 'group' the price is even slightly lower at $167.16.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Wow! Much better price !

If you change the coupon name from the default 'groupbuyauto' to 'group' the price is even slightly lower at $167.16.
Ah, oh well!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Did you get RX6 in this bundle?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

From iZotope . . .

You spoke, we listened: We've lowered the upgrade price for O8N2 Bundle

At iZotope, we make it a point to stay connected to our community of passionate customers. Whether it's product research, surveys, or reading the comments on social media, your opinion matters to us. Last week, we announced Ozone 8 and Neutron 2, and some Music Production Bundle 2 customers expressed concern over pricing.

Effective today through October 31, you can now upgrade to the O8N2 Bundle for the introductory price of $199. The O8N2 Bundle includes Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, and the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in. You still have the option of getting the Music Production Suite with RX 6 Standard for $299.

We are extremely proud of the new versions of Ozone and Neutron. A lot of hard work, research, and effort went into creating these two products. We hope this new price change will allow more customers to get access to our new products and enjoy the integrated workflow of Ozone 8 and Neutron 2.

Special offer for Music Production Bundle 2 customers!
Get our best mixing and mastering products for the lowest price available.

. . . . . . . . . .

So, to all those saying it was wrong to voice our frustrations at what seemed like an unfair upgrade price =

To iZotope, thank you, this makes a massive difference !!

Last edited by Lee Wilson; 1 week ago at 04:21 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think the ”real” upgrade path is MPB2 to the new Music Production Suite.
But this an ok path as well. I don’t ned RX, so this might be my choice.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratofied View Post
Did you get RX6 in this bundle?
No, this is for O8N2 only. Which is exactly what I want. The upgrade price for the Music Production Suite includes RX6 is $299.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

O8N2 Loyalty Crossgrade Bundle (essentially Neutron 2 + Ozone 8 + Tonal Balance), with 20% off coupon = $159.20 on iZoptope's website !

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
So, to all those saying it was wrong to voice our frustrations at what seemed like an unfair upgrade price =
Exactly! I knew I was making the right decision of just hanging tight and contacting iZotope about the unfair upgrade pricing. Thank God enough of us made enough noise for them to listen!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank God enough of us made enough noise for them to listen!
Old 1 week ago
iZotope Email

Hey all,

I just receieved an apology email from iZotope. We should give a little bit of credit that they've introduced a $200 upgrade path for N2 & O8 (without the RX suite).

My only complaints are the following:
  • I'll most likely pay the $200 upgrade fee, but I feel like there will be a better deal around the corner on Black Friday.
  • I hate it when companies cripple products. Neutron would literally be perfect if they added in the De-esser and Reverb/Delay FX as sends (especially now that they have that 'mixer app' window). I highly suspect these will be 2018's added features. Trim the fat off that product line, and conglomerate with fair upgrade schemes.
  • I definitely echo the sentiment above; iZotope should mimic FabFilter's loyalty scheme.

Pricing aside, I really like what this company is doing, and I want to see them do great. I think that's why we're all a little miffed with the latest and greatest update. Wrong price at the wrong time (for current owners).

Cheers,

Phil
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

But with this path MPB2 ->O8N2, Trash, Nectar, Vocalsynth etc isn't updated.
So I guess you'll have to keep the old bundle as well if you'd want to use them.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
From iZotope . . .
Effective today through October 31, you can now upgrade to the O8N2 Bundle for the introductory price of $199.
Upgrade from what exactly?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Upgrade from what exactly?
Music Production Bundle 2.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search