The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HeadRush announces their first product: HeadRush Pedalboard.
Old 9th January 2017
News Desk Editor

HeadRush announces their first product: HeadRush Pedalboard.

HeadRush, an innovative new manufacturer of next generation guitar products, today announced their first product, the HeadRush Pedalboard. Featuring a finely tuned quad-core processor and powered by its exclusive Eleven HD ExpandedTM DSP software, the HeadRush Pedalboard delivers the most versatile, realistic-sounding and responsive amplifier, cabinet, microphone and FX models ever found in a floorboard guitar FX processor.

Created by the original team that brought you Eleven®, the HeadRush Pedalboard delivers a new generous and diverse offering of classic vintage and modern amp and FX models, including exclusive original boutique effects that can’t be found anywhere else, as well as the ability to load your own custom impulse response (IR) files. Whether guitarists are looking for a classic warm vintage amp with natural tube drive, wide ambient stereo delay textures with infinite feedback, or the heaviest of heavy djent tone, the HeadRush Pedalboard covers it all and everything between!

The HeadRush Pedalboard also delivers long-awaited exclusive features that can’t be found on any other processor in its class, including gapless preset switching, a looper with over 20 minutes of record time, the ability to peel off loop layers in the reverse order they were added, and much more.

The HeadRush Pedalboard is housed in a rugged, road-ready steel chassis and it features twelve footswitches with their own OLED displays that are easily viewable from all angles. The heart of the HeadRush Pedalboard is the 7-inch touch display and its guitarist-oriented user interface, enabling guitarists to touch, swipe, and drag-and-drop to instantly create and edit their rigs in an unprecedented realistic and intuitive way. The large display also gives ultra-clear feedback when performing live; especially when making slight changes to your tone using the ‘Hands-Free Mode’.

“The HeadRush Pedalboard is a dream come true for guitarists!” said product manager Walter Skorupski, “Using the touch screen is a truly organic experience that’s so familiar and natural to guitarists; making it easy to just jump right in and create amazing sounding rigs in seconds. This is a real game changer, and we can’t wait to hear the tones that guitarists are going to create!”
Headrush will ship with an MSRP of £899.99 and will be available Q1 2017.

For more info, visit HeadRushElectronics.com
Attached Thumbnails
HeadRush announces their first product: HeadRush Pedalboard.-unnamed-2.jpg  
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Nut

Is it only a revamped Eleven with fancy screens ? Or a totally new sound engine ?
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

there was a video on youtube but it seems to have been taken down. from what i understood it's the same tech as in the rack version but in a fancy new pedal format. the screen is nice but i doubt they changed much inside the engine. at least the guy who was presenting it didn't mention anything about it being new. just about the cool touch screen and footswitches and oled displays. it seems inmusic is using a bunch of the same components on the new product lineup. same little screens as on the akai mpx qlink knobs are above the footswitches. they are even using the old akai headrush pedal name for this new company. tbh the old rack unit was never stellar but it was prettty good for it's time, especially as it had that impedance matching input which really helped out with getting the best from whatever guitar was plugged into it. but i think right now there are way better thing on the market, especially if you look at stuff that can use impulse responses rather than straight modelling.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear
Short vid here by the manufacturer

This vid is by Eleven Rack enthusiast "Benoni'

Well its got the asked for IR import capability, thats good. Hoping it can use two or more amps simultaneously. Looper is nice to have. Will it have Pro Tools integration? …..lets see.
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Head

The "most realistic and responsive Amplifier sounds ever?" They better meet the expectations they're setting or this thing will go the way of the 11 in about a year.

Fractal Audio is moving really fast in the sound/response category. I just downloaded (and I haven't downloaded all of them) the 21st firmware upgrade (beta) for their Quantum modeling engine.

Cliff Chase has pedal to the metal, and these "me too" products have to keep up or be forgotten.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo-act View Post
The "most realistic and responsive Amplifier sounds ever?" They better meet the expectations they're setting or this thing will go the way of the 11 in about a year.

Fractal Audio is moving really fast in the sound/response category. I just downloaded (and I haven't downloaded all of them) the 21st firmware upgrade (beta) for their Quantum modeling engine.

Cliff Chase has pedal to the metal, and these "me too" products have to keep up or be forgotten.
You can always rely on an elitist twerp to post something negative …even before a product is released.
Oooooh Cliff Chase has pedal to the metal bwah ahaha
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo-act View Post

Right, I bought an AX8 and tried desperately to like it, and I sent it back. Your buddy Cliff was beside himself when I made a couple of very professional critiques of his precious piece of gear. He was so offended that I was less than happy with the unit that he actually bought it back from me months after if I agreed to never make any further comments about not liking some things about the unit.

I get it, you must be thinking, yeah you must've been a total jerk, and totally ripped into him in an unprofessional way and that's why he did what he did. Well, you'd be wrong, you'd be very wrong. I could not have been more professional, and actually some of my points were simply just asking questions how do I get it to do this, what do I need to do to actually get a real sounding tube amp tone from it?

There's no doubt, as far as amp emulators, fractal probably does the best job out there. But they do not sound like real amp, to me it's not even close. Actually most of the high gain amp settings, sound the same regardless of which amp you think you're trying to model. Effects were stellar, I got to hand it to him there!

I bought a Kemper, and I've never looked back!

There is definitely a cultish attitude over there at fractal though.
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
Right, I bought an AX8 and tried desperately to like it, and I sent it back. Your buddy Cliff was beside himself when I made a couple of very professional critiques of his precious piece of gear. He was so offended that I was less than happy with the unit that he actually bought it back from me months after if I agreed to never make any further comments about not liking some things about the unit.

I get it, you must be thinking, yeah you must've been a total jerk, and totally ripped into him in an unprofessional way and that's why he did what he did. Well, you'd be wrong, you'd be very wrong. I could not have been more professional, and actually some of my points were simply just asking questions how do I get it to do this, what do I need to do to actually get a real sounding tube amp tone from it?

There's no doubt, as far as amp emulators, fractal probably does the best job out there. But they do not sound like real amp, to me it's not even close. Actually most of the high gain amp settings, sound the same regardless of which amp you think you're trying to model. Effects were stellar, I got to hand it to him there!

I bought a Kemper, and I've never looked back!

There is definitely a cultish attitude over there at fractal though.
I owned an original Axe Fx. I like the company and the sound was great at the time. Someday I may get another when the Axe III comes out or a better pedal configuration similar to the Helix comes out. Line 6 I feel did a nice job laying out their unit.

I bought a Kemper when it came out and I agree, I haven't looked back.

I hated the constant firmware upgrades with the axe and you would need to tweak after an upgrade. I rarely upgrade my Kemper and it sounds killer. With the upgrades the sound doesn't change either.

I'm not a pro and rarely play live anymore, but as a hobbyist the Kemper is where it's at.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
You can always rely on an elitist twerp to post something negative …even before a product is released.
Oooooh Cliff Chase has pedal to the metal bwah ahaha
He called me a name...waaaaah!

Just saw the NAMM video. It's definitely a "me too" product like the original eleven was, except it's now following both Helix and Fractal. What I do like is the focus on user experience/design, which has been lacking.

I'm doubtful how well floor units, even the AX8, will hold up in harsh working-musician bar-gig conditions - direct sunlight on 100 degree days, dancers spilling drinks and falling or stepping onto it - all things that can happen regularly throughout the year.

"The most realistic and responsive amplifier sounds ever" I still stand by what I said - if they don't deliver on the expectations they're setting, they will become irrelevant (wait, they already did with the Eleven). And if they don't keep pace on improvements, they'll be left behind...again. As one poster admitted here, even Fractal users are having trouble keeping up.

To the point of user experience, after highly accurate digital reverse-engineering of cabs and amps becomes commonplace, those who design the best user experience will be out on top.

In MY opinion, YMMV (and I won't slam you for your opinion) at this time, competing platforms are not coding at the level and detail of Fractal. Nor are they diving as far into the inner workings & cause/effect relationships occurring in real world amps. Nor are they iterating at the pace of Fractal. But when they do, the companies with superior user design chops will be leaving Fractal behind.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search