The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ad Bug in the non-mobile side of things
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

Ad Bug in the non-mobile side of things

First of all, much to my surprise, I'm really liking the new mobile interface on my iPad, iPhone, etc... It's working really well.

Ever since the switch, however, in Internet Explorer, there is a bug where there is an ad on the right side of the screen that moves with the page. Unfortunately, it is over the text making the posts difficult to read. I don't mind the ads, but please don't place them over forum text.

Here's an example:

-Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Ad Bug in the non-mobile side of things-gs-ad.jpg  
Old 1st January 2014
Lives for gear

Yup, this thing drives me crazzzzzy
Old 2nd January 2014
We struggle with getting it to work with Explorer.

Will see what we can do.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 9th January 2014
We have put in a small fix that should make posts always take priority - can you confirm that it's no longer overlapping please?
Old 9th January 2014
Lives for gear

I checked and it's working on some pages but not all. When it is working the text is moved to the left and the add is still there but not covering anything. When I came back to this discussion it was still in the way. Getting closer!

Thanks for all your efforts.

Jeff
Old 9th January 2014
Lives for gear

About half are correct.
Old 10th January 2014
Lives for gear

Yup... Seems better, but I'm still coming across pages (in IE11) that have the problem. What's odd is that sometimes the pages work and sometimes they don't. Moving between pages in a thread (and then moving back) can sometimes be the difference between the page working and not.

--Ben
Old 10th January 2014
We are taking a break from tweaking that issue. We will re visit it in a few weeks time.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search