The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bug reports
Old 12th November 2013
Exclamation Bug reports

If you find any bugs, glitches or unexpected behaviour, please reply to this thread with as much detail as possible and we will try to solve!

(it's far easier for us to keep track of bugs if they are all collated in one spot, rather than spread across multiple threads...)

Thanks!
Old 12th November 2013
This thread is for bug reports for the new responsive design.

(Not for general forum improvements suggestions. Those need to go down in the Forum Issues sub forum in the members only section)

We will move posts like that to the correct section (we like suggestions on how to make Gearslutz.com better!)
Old 12th November 2013
I would like to add that if you are reporting a bug, please provide as much information as possible so we can replicate the issue.

So your browser, OS, device, connection type (wifi/3G), shoe size - anything you think might be helpful, please include it with your report! Thanks.
Old 13th November 2013
Mark forums read does nothing/there is no indicator of new forum content in the parent page anymore.
Old 13th November 2013
Pinch and zoom no longer works rendering the site and its icons excruciatingly fiddly on mobile devices.
Old 13th November 2013
"My participated threads" no longer exists/shows up on mobile version.
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
Pinch and zoom no longer works rendering the site and its icons excruciatingly fiddly on mobile devices.
This is not a bug... but we will consider feedback on size requests placed in the feedback thread.

Quote:
Yes, it's in the 'nav drawer' - tap the 'hamburger' up on the top left next to the Gearslutz logo. You'll see that and a whole pile of other useful stuff.
Old 13th November 2013
Start editing a quick response the scroll up to check the thread, the thread header remains stuck in place obscuring posts rather than floating at the top of the page.
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Start editing a quick response the scroll up to check the thread, the thread header remains stuck in place obscuring posts rather than floating at the top of the page.
Screen shots really help.

And what device & browser you are using.
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
It's not been added to the non responsive option yet.
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear
I'm surfing on my computer and the GUI looks like it would work well on a mobile device. It's all columns sort of. It looks really weird on computer though. How can I get the old GUI to display or, is this mobile look a permanent thing?
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ido1957 View Post
I'm surfing on my computer and the GUI looks like it would work well on a mobile device. It's all columns sort of. It looks really weird on computer though. How can I get the old GUI to display or, is this mobile look a permanent thing?
Hmm my screen shot attachment doesn't seem to appear
Old 13th November 2013
Here for the gear

WTF?

I don't think it's supposed to look like this....

IE10 on win 8 pro x64

And before anyone says it, I like IE10.

Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ido1957 View Post
Either expand the window until it show you the web version or.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-m...le-device.html
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedspace View Post
I don't think it's supposed to look like this....

IE10 on win 8 pro x64

And before anyone says it, I like IE10.

Well that's bad. Please use another browser for the moment - and we will look into it.

The developers are across several different time zones to the USA so we can get on the case in about 12 hours from now.
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear
I chose original VCA from a drop down list on the bottom of the page and a lot of the old layout came back (I found your thread about that so I tried it).
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear

Where's the my posts link? I've tried the "my posts" link but it doesn't show the same results as the my posts link on the old non responsive layout. It shows my latest posts by date I posted. On the old layout I can see all topics I participated by date of last post by anyone, not me.
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendermastering View Post
Where's the my posts link? I've tried the "my posts" link but it doesn't show the same results as the my posts link on the old non responsive layout. It shows my latest posts by date I posted. On the old layout I can see all topics I participated by date of last post by anyone, not me.
There are several different flavours of "my recent stuff" - we will work on amalgamating them.
Old 13th November 2013
On Win phone 8 / Nokia Lumia, using IE (Default), using the back button when in a thread, it kicks me back to the top of the forum instead of the thread further down which I clicked on before. It seems like anchors are not set or missing.
Old 13th November 2013
Win8-Lumia:
-view first unread does not work
-"Hamburger" menu icon is right under the "g" from "gearslutz", I can't click it.
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well it shows up as said by Jules but it doesn't show the latest posts in a chronological order.

One of the great features of the iOS app is being able to view Latest Participated Threads which shows the very latest first etc
Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Well it shows up as said by Jules but it doesn't show the latest posts in a chronological order.

One of the great features of the iOS app is being able to view Latest Participated Threads which shows the very latest first etc
we can take this sort of input and work with it.

Old 13th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Win8-Lumia:
-view first unread does not work
-"Hamburger" menu icon is right under the "g" from "gearslutz", I can't click it.
Screen shot if you can please

Also what browser & OS revision please?
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
we can take this sort of input and work with it.

Thanks, I hope you can replicate that feature.
Old 14th November 2013
Using the desktop site PC Firefox 26, when you scale horizontally is it meant to suddenly jump and turn into the mobile site once the horizontal width goes below about 1000pixels?

This seems like a buggy behavior (at least if I were an advertiser I'd think so because it suddenly removes the side bar with the advert in it), or at least an undesirable behavior. I'd rather it just stayed in the classic theme and didn't try to automagically swap layouts.

It also shows a weird U shape on the top right corner which looks like an artifact of some sort when this happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Bug reports-gearslutzushape.jpg  
Old 14th November 2013
Also on PC just noticed, that hte edit etc buttons have some vertical alignment issues, they're appearing right on the bottom edge of the posts, which doesn't look so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Bug reports-gearslutzbuttonborder.jpg  
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

Pretty awful I must say...
I loved the gearslutz app on my iPhone, it was fast, efficient, well organised and everything always just worked.

And I do realise this is early days but...

#"Hamburger" menu icon is unreliable,it does not always appear when using back button functionality.
#limited sorting functionality in most areas thereby loosing functionality.
#when click on a previously visited forum post I just get to the first post. Clicking on the icons before the thread title often does nothing, it should take me to the first new post.
#in the gearslutz app the stickies and announcements where hidden in the main post view, now I have to scroll past endless announcements and stickies to get to the real posts.
#there is no clear distinction graphically between a regular post and a stickie etc. the little stickie text is not enough.
#scrolling is slower and less responsive, a little jumpy to at times.
# ANIMATED ADS SUCK! They clearly impact the responsiveness of the site and is just plain awful.

The experience in total is clearly worse. I realise it is important to get your ads revenue and its hard to justify ad prices if the ones buying the ads know that it's very easy to avoid them... But the experience clearly suffers for it.
I would not be surprised if I stop checking gearslutz on my way to and from work because of it, thus reducing my Visits from several times daily to just a few times a week. It's not bad enough to keep me away. But it is really pretty bad IMHO.

Tested using ios6 on iPad mini and ios7 on iPhone 4
Old 14th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Screen shot if you can please

Also what browser & OS revision please?
Attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Bug reports-wp_ss_20131114_0001.jpg   Bug reports-wp_ss_20131114_0002.jpg  
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

Small but slightly annoying:

Opening forums in a new tab from the main forum level (i.e. gearslutz.com/board) also opens that same forum in the existing tab. This doesn't effect the sublevels at all (you can still open threads from a forum in their own tabs easily).

OSX 10.8.5, Chrome Version 31.0.1650.39 beta
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

contextual search is broken in quick reply (osx safari)
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search