The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bug reports
Old 16th January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
It only happens coming in and out of the private messages page. Often several times in a row when checking several new messages.
Ok, cheers, we'll make a note of that on the bug file.

FYI we've made some significant improvements to speed on the mobile version over the past couple weeks, cutting down the page render times a lot. If you haven't tried it in a while, give it a go and see if it's improved at all for you...
Old 16th January 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Ok, cheers, we'll make a note of that on the bug file.

FYI we've made some significant improvements to speed on the mobile version over the past couple weeks, cutting down the page render times a lot. If you haven't tried it in a while, give it a go and see if it's improved at all for you...
Thanks, will do. Although winning some of my outside world back wasn't bad either. Do you feel like a drug dealer yet?
Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

The ads on the right side of the page are still covering up the text of some threads. Not just old threads, but recent threads, too.
Old 17th January 2014
We still haven't found a fix that cures this bug that some people are having.

For the people effected it occurs on threads with large images / photos.

Best solution right now is to try an alternate browser to view Gearslutz. We are having a development break for a week or so and will get back to it in Feb.

Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

OK. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was still a problem.
Old 17th January 2014
Old 18th January 2014
Lives for gear

Hi!

The problem with the missing 'Last' button seems to depend on two factors:
1. The thread needs to have a larger number of pages
2. The button disappears when you are on a higher page number. This means although the thread has e.g. 40 pages as long as I am on page 1 or 2 or 3, last seems to be there. Going up to e.g. 11, the button is gone.
Please see my attached screenshot. Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

Friedemann
Attached Thumbnails
Bug reports-screenshot-1389894924774.png  
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear

hi, anybody else's "participated" page loading unusually slowly? on both the laptop and phone it seems to take forever, or just hangs...?
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_music View Post
hi, anybody else's "participated" page loading unusually slowly? on both the laptop and phone it seems to take forever, or just hangs...?
Hi

Takes about seven seconds to load on my Samsung Galaxy S4 but presumably depends on how good your wifi speed is and how many participated threads there are.

One annoying thing, not so much a Gearslutz issue, is that when my banana fingers hit the three bars, I'm impatient and hit it again if it doesn't appear to work, but microseconds later it works and my finger selects the topmost choice = home and I get the home screen thinking it didn't work.

Slow, positive movements seem to fix it...

Old 28th January 2014
Try to find this page in chrome and select reduced bandwidth.

It zips along quicker!
Attached Thumbnails
Bug reports-image_7377.jpg  
Old 28th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Try to find this page in chrome and select reduced bandwidth.

It zips along quicker!
and for Safari / iOS ?

for info: all the other pages seem to load just fine!
Old 28th January 2014
Quote:
and for Safari / iOS ?

The feature Jules is referring too is exclusive to Chrome... if you are able, download the latest version of Chrome for iOS - it does seem to run the forum better.
Old 28th January 2014
Quote:
and for Safari / iOS ?

Participated is quite a fancy search task. We are still working on speed.
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Participated is quite a fancy search task. We are still working on speed.
cool. FYI "participated" was fine until a few days ago... it wasn't hanging like this when it first became available...

cheers
Old 31st January 2014
It doesn't hang very long for me.

How's it behaving for you now?
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

seems both "participated" and "new posts" are slow and/or hanging now.

very strange, just tried new posts a few times in a row and it just hangs... and the one time it actually finished searching it showed no results, just the empty page. same for participated.

all other links across the top work just fine: PMs, FAQ, My Threads / Posts, Quick links etc... so IMO this is likely a search related problem.

(i can manually browse the forums by navigating through the pages with no glitches or slowness, it's just the quick links that require searching that are being weird.)
Old 31st January 2014
Hmmm loads in just over 1 second for me
Old 6th February 2014
Lives for gear

I just figured out that the thing I have been complaining about, the ads on the right hand side blocking the text of the posts, is limited to when I access GS via Internet Explorer. When I access GS via Google Chrome, the problem does not occur.

Just wanted to pass that along.
Old 6th February 2014
Thanks..

Yeah. We struggle with Explorer. We thought we could detect it and kick users over to another version if the site without the side banners but that might not be working 100% of the time.

Only 6% of GS visitors use Explorer - and it's notoriously tricky to get everything working for it across the web. sorry for the hassle and thanks for the report.
Old 15th February 2014
Gear Maniac

On my iphone 4 GS logs me out of my account everytime I switch out of safari. Not sure if it's a setting or a bug but it is pretty inconvenient.
Old 15th February 2014
When you log in be sure to check the "remember me?" Option.

And are you using ios private browsing?

Because that will log you out every time
Old 24th February 2014
Lives for gear

hi jules, just a quick note to let you know the "participated" and "new posts" quick links are still not working well in safari. they sometimes give results one time after a long hang, but don't work if i click on them again!

i've pretty much given up on GS on safari altogether (those to links are the ones i use most frequently, without them it's just frustrating.) when i come here i use chrome now, as per your suggestion.
Old 24th February 2014
Lives for gear

FWIW Gearslutz is way faster on Safari (iOS 7.06) than Chrome on my old iPad 2.
h
Old 25th February 2014
Quote:
hi jules, just a quick note to let you know the "participated" and "new posts" quick links are still not working well in safari. they sometimes give results one time after a long hang, but don't work if i click on them again!

i've pretty much given up on GS on safari altogether (those to links are the ones i use most frequently, without them it's just frustrating.) when i come here i use chrome now, as per your suggestion.
We discovered a bug that was causing this that may now be squashed. Can you please let us know if this is solved for you?
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

hi whitecat, yup it does seem fixed! i'm browsing on safari right now, great job guys!
Old 27th February 2014
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Guru

Now I get logged out randomly between threads too, not just going into or out of pm's anymore. Although pm stuff will still reliably throw me out as well. Basically something is getting worse not better.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Guru

Still logging in all over the place and now the New Posts has a habit of disappearing .....
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
When you log in be sure to check the "remember me?" Option.

And are you using ios private browsing?

Because that will log you out every time
Yes, check 'remember me', no not using private browsing. The old site with the iOS app would remember me forever, now i have to login every single time, both on iOS and Mac. Even if I leave GS open in the browser and come back the next day.
Old 26th March 2014
Not sure if this is a bug, or a traffic issue - but very often when I try to get on, this is with both IE (whatever latest is) or Chrome it does the same thing at the same time/attempt and won't connect to Gearslutz. It took me about 15 minutes just to be able to connect in order to write this post, and this happens just about every day. All other websites that I surf at the same time (including some non audio related forums) load quickly and can be posted to with no lag or wait. It's anywhere from later morning to late evening EST (I'm not on before or after that so I can't comment).
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search