Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   New mobile responsive web design for Gearslutz.com (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-mobile-responsive-web-design-for-gearslutz-com-/)
-   -   Bug reports (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-mobile-responsive-web-design-for-gearslutz-com-/883424-bug-reports.html)

mdme_sadie 14th November 2013 08:33 PM

On ipad, safari, reverted back to the old scheme links to the second or higher pages on a thread no longer work, you can only view the first page of any thread.

antithesist 14th November 2013 10:09 PM

Double posts?

What's up with all the double posts?

Whitecat 14th November 2013 11:23 PM

A lot of them are generated by the apps, actually. So when those go in a couple weeks, their occurrance should fall dramatically.

There are some that are generated by desktop users though, it's an issue that's on the list to look at once we've got the mobile forum humming along.

antithesist 15th November 2013 06:35 AM

Thanks, I've noticed that sometimes when I post, the message just seems to hang, but eventually goes through. I've wondered if this happens to others and they submit again, thinking it didn't post. It does seem like kind of a plague, though. I had searched for info and didn't find any. So, I posted here.

Whitecat 15th November 2013 09:18 AM

We are aware of it, thanks! ;)

twistedspace 15th November 2013 01:03 PM

Almost there

Still not quite right.........

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4583439/better.png

ie10 on win8pro

Diogo C 15th November 2013 01:23 PM

Galaxy Note 2/Android 4.1/Chrome:

1 - Pinch and zoom not working

2 - Very hard to click thread's page numbers. I have to use the Galaxy's pen to get that right.

3 - Can't use search. When I click the input text field it dissapears.

Jules 15th November 2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdme_sadie (Post 9591751)
On ipad, safari, reverted back to the old scheme links to the second or higher pages on a thread no longer work, you can only view the first page of any thread.

Are you able to see page 3 here ?

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...itb-otb-3.html

bcfromfl 15th November 2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedspace (Post 9593638)
Still not quite right.........

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4583439/better.png

ie10 on win8pro

I second this -- IE 10 on a Win7 system. New web design not rendering right-hand columns correctly, allowing the individual forums to be viewed in a single pane. Instead, forum pages need to be scrolled to the right to see post summaries, etc.

Jules 15th November 2013 05:36 PM

We will work on it but meanwhile swap to chrome or Firefox please :cop:

DAW PLUS 15th November 2013 06:07 PM

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-m...le-device.html

I can't find the "view web version" link as shown in the first screenshot?

Whitecat 15th November 2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAW PLUS (Post 9594236)
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-m...le-device.html

I can't find the "view web version" link as shown in the first screenshot?

Sorry, that appears to have been temporarily removed. Please use the drop-down style chooser instead.

Yoozer 16th November 2013 02:50 PM

Galaxy S2 w/ stock Android 4.1 browser: I reply to a thread. I then click "edit reply". An inline reply editor opens. There is no "submit reply" button to be seen.

The workaround: if I click "edit" again, I go to the dedicated page for editing just that reply, and there's a submit button.

waveform:blue 17th November 2013 02:41 AM

Didn't like the new mobile view that got pushed, so I reverted to the familiar desktop view. Now the up/downvote buttons are gone. I am using an iPhone 5.

Diogo C 17th November 2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waveform:blue (Post 9598000)
Didn't like the new mobile view that got pushed, so I reverted to the familiar desktop view. Now the up/downvote buttons are gone. I am using an iPhone 5.

They have been randomly gone here too, both on desktop computer (win7) and on a Galaxy tab (android4). Sometimes they appear, sometimes they don't.

Whitecat 17th November 2013 11:14 AM

The thumbs are currently not available on every skin and not available at all on mobile in any skin.

Diogo C 17th November 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitecat (Post 9598582)
The thumbs are currently not available on every skin and not available at all on mobile in any skin.

I can see the thumbs on mobile with the responsive mode - a Galaxy tab if that counts as mobile. gooof

Same things on desktop. Only opto and vintage have that problem of not showing the thumbs.

waveform:blue 17th November 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitecat (Post 9598582)

I don't think it's a skinning issue...more like broken HTML. I can't see the thumbs on Desktop view with my phone. The timeline went like this...

Last week - used desktop view on phone. Thumbs were visible.

Last Friday - Gearslutz forced Mobile view, no thumbs.

Last Friday - Reverted to Desktop view. Now no thumbs.

You guys changed something in Desktop view so it can't be viewed on a mobile. Also...Report Post isn't working right. I accidentally clicked on it and couldn't easily cancel the mistake coz the popup was half cut off.

Another thing...the YT, SC, and Vimeo buttons are now stacked vertically directly below the "AA" button.

Finally...the eBay ads on the right are gone.

Please fix desktop view for all browsers.

Whitecat 17th November 2013 01:49 PM

Ok, thanks, we'll look into it!

apartment dog 18th November 2013 10:18 PM

Hi,

on Windows 7 desktop, using Google Chrome, when I click on a threadtitle to open it the current page ('New Posts') scrolls all the way up to the top of the page.
It happened about four time now. I have to search the topic again and then it opens allright.

MannyTheAvatar 22nd November 2013 10:03 AM

The new site kicks ass versus the old iPhone app. I've found a problem though. When you are in a post, the top most items are the hamburger icon, the GS logo and the search icon. Below that is the navigation structure ("Home > The Forums > New mobile responsive web design for Gearslutz.com! > Bug reports" for this thread.) Clicking on the GS logo scrolls you up and it works fine. When you are at the top of the page already though, the GS logo should not be clickable/touchable because we are already at the top. It blocks everything after the word "Home" so I can't click directly onto "The Forums" or "New mobile responsive..." or whatever subcategory I am currently viewing. I can go back in the browser but those links should be clickable. And of course going back doesn't always work if you've just come from your User CP or a google search for example.

It's a height issue because the little hack that I've been using is clicking the search icon, which pushes everything down a bit, which then gives you clear access to "Home > The Forums > etc." If you are actually trying to search though, the logo blocks most of the right side of the search entry box and the dropdown for which forum you want to search if you've clicked on the search icon. You can still click the left edge of the search box, the search this forum checkbox and the Go button because those are wider or further out from the logo which is just in the center of the page.

Hopefully that made sense. I'd send a screen cap but the top button on my phone doesn't work reliably. This is on an iPhone 5, with the latest iOS7 and the latest Safari. Also, I see the SFW gearsz logo not the full gearslutz logo if that matters at all.

Manny

WOLF424 23rd November 2013 06:44 AM

Windows phone 7.8 (lumia 710) the site wont go to mobile mode at all the style chooser reverts to vintage VCA no matter what you choose. Tried with 3 browsers (UC, Google and IE)

Jimbo 23rd November 2013 03:30 PM

Participated Threads isn't updating content to my recent posts.

edit: This appears to be working fine now.

Jules 26th November 2013 12:12 PM

kfhkh

Karloff70 28th November 2013 05:43 PM

Not sure what happened to the New Posts page, but it is truly fecked and unusable, as everything is bunched to the left and the thread titles reduced to a pile of hieroglyphics........less than amazing when you habitually browse New Posts as primary use of the site......freshflowe

Gearbot 28th November 2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karloff70 (Post 9631096)
Not sure what happened to the New Posts page, but it is truly fecked and unusable, as everything is bunched to the left and the thread titles reduced to a pile of hieroglyphics........less than amazing when you habitually browse New Posts as primary use of the site......freshflowe

Browser info please!

Karloff70 28th November 2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearbot (Post 9631099)
Browser info please!

Safari 5.1.7 OSX 10.6.8 freshflowe

dirtbird 28th November 2013 09:10 PM

Bug;text shows up tiny

W7
chrome

I have two net connected computers. On one computer using W7 and Chrome the entire site is showing up tiny like at 15% its normal size.

I would have thought it was a setting specific to that computer, but all other pages are fine.

This computer, also using W7 and Chrome is fine.

I guess i should have tried IE before posting, but chrome has always worked without any issues.

Or is there a setting specific to GS that i may have mistakenly interrupted?

dirtbird 29th November 2013 07:33 AM

ok, so it works normally under internet explorer. any ideas?

Jules 29th November 2013 12:07 PM

The only way we feel we can develop the site is to yank it on live then operate on it while in use. This can sometimes be known as a move fast and break things method (although in our case we do 4 day weeks with the developers so not sure about the fast part..bumpkin)

Its tricky making a site work with all browsers at all times.. I expect we will be tweaking up to Xmas.

We do new tweak code pushes 2 or 3 times per week and various bug fixes along the way. hittthittthittt

We need these bug reports, as we dont have a room filled with different computers, tablets and mobiles phones loaded with all the different OS's there are out there.

If you encounter issues - please try another browser.

A screen shot + device, operating system and browser name and version number really helps us.

And letting us know when your issue is fixed is good too! kfhkh

Thanks for bearing with us. kfhkh