The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone The M 49 was a multipattern large-diaphragm tube microphone with an important new innovation: the mic’s pickup pattern could be adjusted remotely, by a dial on the power supply. Another new innovation was that the mic maintained nearly equal sensitivity and output level across patterns — unlike the U-47, for example, which was 5dB hotter in Cardioid than Omni. Maintaining output level required a change in the polarization voltage circuitry. Whereas the U-47’s circuit would disconnect the capsule’s rear diaphragm in Cardioid mode, in the M 49 both diaphragms were always polarized — the front at a constant 60Vdc, and the rear from 0Vdc to 120Vdc. When set to Cardioid, the rear diaphragm polarization voltage was 0Vdc.

Discussions

Crazy News: Neumann U67 reissue at Namm 2018

...back one of the legends. It's going to be the only one on the market. There are no new U47, M49, C12, ELAM250 that aren't clones... (Gefell made some nice re-issues, but unfortunatelly their mics never had as high status.) So it's a mic for people who really really want original U67 in 100% condition...

View Post

Neumann U67 2018 reissue internal View

Okay, I called it a Anvil case because I have an actual Anvil case for a M49 mic I have. I just always refer to briefcase mic cases as Anvil. I know there are not just what I call them. I have a lot of mics so I would probably not...

View Post

Let’s talk M49 clones

...one I did spend some time singing through one at The Barbershop Studios in NJ. They had an M49 and an M49C. That mic just sounded like gold on me. I spent a few hours singing through their M49C, their favorite U67, M269, among a FET others. We even had my MK67...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?