The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone The M 269 is a large-diaphragm, multipattern tube condenser microphone. It is a variation of the Neumann U-67, developed as a way to sell the U-67 to the German broadcast market. German broadcasters imposed requirements on the supply voltage of microphones. The EF86 tube in the U-67 did not meet these requirements. To satisfy broadcasters’ requirements, Neumann developed the M269 by making the following changes to the basic U-67 design: The EF86 was swapped for an AC701 (aka AC701k) triode vacuum tube. The “Omni” and “Figure 8” positions on the pattern selection switch below the headbasket are replaced by a remote-control feature labelled ‘F’; both positions (which function identically) allow the mic’s pickup pattern to be controlled remotely via the switch on the power supply. A side-effect of this feature is that the M269, unlike the U67, provides continuously-variable pattern selection. RF shielding was incorporated into the M269 plug.

Discussions

Crazy News: Neumann U67 reissue at Namm 2018

I’ve got one coming from VK.first batch comes to LA. Time to compare to OG.

View Post

Neumann U67 reissue vs vintage video

I respectfully disagree. I love my reissue. It is every bit as good, IMO. I prefer it on most sources to my vintage M269c. Get one in your studio and test it. Mine has mountains of low end.

View Post

Any new mic sounding similar to vintage km84

My experience is that vintage is just the right kind of bright not what you'd hear in newly produced mics. 414eb sounds wonderful. My m269c sounds great and in my opinion better than the u67. Never harsh just open and great.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?