The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

The KM 84 is a small-diaphragm FET condenser with a fixed Cardioid pickup pattern. It was the world’s first phantom-powered microphone, built to run on 48v DC. Its design goal was to be as small as possible; the model name ‘KM’ stands for Kleine Mikrofon (“small microphone”). Although discontinued in 1992, the KM-84 remains a favorite of vintage mic enthusiasts for drum overheads and hi-hat applications. The mic is known for having an exceptionally flat frequency response and its ability to maintain its cardioid pickup pattern across the frequency spectrum. Model "I" stands for "International" designated for international models that operated with XLR connectors.

Discussions

KM84 vs KM84i

Anyone could tell me the difference between the KM84 and the KM84i ? Specs and sound wise.... Thanks guys...!

View Post

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

...Dom - Heritage 1073/500 Snare Top - Shure Unidyne III - Vintech x73i Snare Bottom - Audix i5 - Neve 33115 Hats - Neumann KM84i - Neve 33115 Crotch Mic - AKG C414B-ULS - API 3124 - 1176 rev F Toms - Audix D4 - Brent Averill Neve 1272 - SSL611 EQ Overheads - Coles 4038 - Avedis MA5 -...

View Post

Opinion on Telefunken USA U47

...guitar was not tracked with the U47 or simultaneously with vocals. On guitar was a spaced pair of Nueman KM84i's, plus to thicken it up, we added a couple of Coles 4038's. One over the shoulder and the other was setup on a guitar amp for another song - so we just turned...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?