The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The KM 84 is a small-diaphragm FET condenser with a fixed Cardioid pickup pattern. It was the world’s first phantom-powered microphone, built to run on 48v DC. Its design goal was to be as small as possible; the model name ‘KM’ stands for Kleine Mikrofon (“small microphone”). Although discontinued in 1992, the KM-84 remains a favorite of vintage mic enthusiasts for drum overheads and hi-hat applications. The mic is known for having an exceptionally flat frequency response and its ability to maintain its cardioid pickup pattern across the frequency spectrum.

Discussions

Any new mic sounding similar to vintage km84

I miss the sound of an old KM84 i was using before at a studio, they are not easy to find and kind of expensive if I want a pair of them. Does anybody know new microphones that sound similar to those vintage KM84 and at the same time if somebody know mic that...

View Post

NAMM 2019 Rumors

...the 80’s promoted by a top celebrity, a clone of Neve 2254 classic compressor, a clone of a Neumann KM84 mic, another mic promoted to beautifully clone a 414/U87/U47 FET, a third mic which is capable of sounding like a C800G etc. it seems so far that NAMM 2019 is actually a clone...

View Post

Martin D17m - Any recording tips

Good mic suggestions! If a good LDC sounds "bloated" on acoustic guitar it's trying to tell you something. What it's trying to tell you is that you have it too close. My C12A, my C414EBs, even my U87 and my TM1s sound just fine, even on a big body guitar like my J-200 - from a...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides