The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The FM7 from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS could be the best software synthesizer ever! The FM7 is based upon the classic and legendary sounds of FM synthesis found in Yamaha's DX-series, from the DX7 to the DX200! The FM7's brilliant user-interface makes FM synthesis understandable, and for the first time, visually intuitive. And since the FM7 can import SysEx patch files, of which thousands can be downloaded from the internet, you have virtually every Yamaha FM synthesizer and more available to you in an easy to use and totally modern software plug-in compatible with every major computer music program (ASIO, MME, DirectX, SoundManager, VST, DXi, Audio Unit, RTAS, MAS, DirectConnect)! The FM7 can read all programs from the original DX7, DX7-II, DX11, TX81Z, TX7, DX21, DX27, DX100, TX802 and it reproduces the sounds of these machines exactly, if not better!

Discussions

How close can FM8 emulate DX7/TX802 Sounds ?

Not again. Search for the love of God. Never played FM7 or 8. Never will.

View Post

Why do all home studios have a million pieces of gear?

I've made more sounds in the few weeks out of my Reface Dx than last 4 years with FM7. Hardware is much more inspirational for me at least. I'm in the line for Dominion 1- this is where also sound difference comes in :synth:

View Post

DX7 sound like FM7?

...least back then). It had a more "3-Dimensional" sound to it, rather than what seemed like a "flatness" from FM7. My guess was it likely came down to the very gritty, lo-fi sound from the converters in it (lots of noise and aliasing).

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?