The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NAMM 2019 Rumors Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I’m guessing the Dangerous tease is indeed an updated Dbox, since Sweetwater just price-dropped it from 1499 to 999.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Rumors are Avid is working on new controllers... S1 ? S4? Namm 2019 too early?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Rumors are Avid is working on new controllers... S1 ? S4? Namm 2019 too early?
Well I guess the artist range could do with an update to up the quality a bit and drag it into the SX ecosystem.

S3 is a pretty nice product, but it's priced too high for what it gives for studio use, I think. It's also not expandable.

So if you have S1 as a one controller row 8 channel expandable system and you have S4 as a 2 controller row expandable system, I guess people could potentially buy it.
Both should be able to be paired with the Dock and/or a touch screen.

Honestly, I've been fine with just the touch screen for the last few years and have no desire for a hardware controller.
But for those who want or need to spend the premium for hardware controllers, I suppose more options is a good thing.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Imma fine still with my 24 faders of D-Command (I detest touch screens and over visual reliance on mixing so S6 is a downgrade to me in many respects inc ergonomics and spacing between knobs and faders).

They are old but still rock, still the best controller I've used with PT HD.

Something smaller for the bedroom guys would be cool of course and better than the artist series and probably better than the (imo) lacking S3 too (vs ICON/D-Command systems)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, I considered S3 after pro control and it didn’t seem like an upgrade, considered D-command but went for a touch screen in stead and haven’t missed the Pro Control at all.
Touch is not perfect, but for my workflow it beats any controller I’ve used, for most things I do. But I appreciate it’s not a perfect solution for everyone, so for those who feel you need a hardware controller: I hope they keep making cool ones for you.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
Two other things I forgot to add that should see the light of day soon.

1. Novation Peak Keyboard edition. I predict with a few extra features up its sleeve.
2. Circuit MKII. Version one is well loved and it's been around quite some time. if an MKII shows Up I will be getting it.
That would be too cool! bring back the VAs!
Old 1 week ago
AKAI is teasing something...

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The intrigue...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
The APC Live ;-)
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
AKAI is teasing something...

Looks like a game of Simon.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Any rumblings of an Apollo Twin mkiii? I'm buying a mkii tomorrow for my Townsend Labs L22
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Arturia DrumBrute just went on clearance today at Guitar Center and BH; $349 instead of $449. That’s a heck of a deal, but also likely indicates a v2 may be released at NAMM. My guess is it will incorporate some of the newer features found in the DrumBrute Impact but in a larger/more powerful unit.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
I think it will be updated 2-BUS LT with all the 2 bus+ features without xlrs.
If this is it then I’m in. Charge the VK card, send it in the mail, let’s go
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoxRecords View Post
I’m guessing the Dangerous tease is indeed an updated Dbox, since Sweetwater just price-dropped it from 1499 to 999.
I’ve used the dbox for 11 years now. Would be wild to get a new one but hopefully ****s not 2k..
Old 1 week ago
Brb
Gear Addict

It would be sweet if Yamaha came out with montage os 3.0 with anx and vlx synthesis engines
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~ View Post
Yeah, I considered S3 after pro control and it didn’t seem like an upgrade, considered D-command but went for a touch screen in stead and haven’t missed the Pro Control at all.
Touch is not perfect, but for my workflow it beats any controller I’ve used, for most things I do. But I appreciate it’s not a perfect solution for everyone, so for those who feel you need a hardware controller: I hope they keep making cool ones for you.
Understood, horses for course. I spend a large amount of time with my eyes closed when mixing (esp eqing, A-Bing etc), the physical knobs, switches and faders are always where I left them they always have the same purpose, I can feel my way around instinctively, I don't 'read' the labels after all this time, I fly on it basically. A screen to me is still a screen, better than a mouse only for sure but it doesn't (for me) replace what a GOOD physical controller replaces.

FTR I've had lesser controllers in the past, and most of them felt clunky or pointless so ended up back on a single faderport + mouse, then I got D-Command and it was what I'd dreamed of all along. The only controller I know (well.. and S6 but.. SCREENS!) that you can do everything you can from the desktop and can turn the monitor OFF and still mix like you're sat at a console.

The ICON(s) were a work of art even with some minor flaws and their luxury of spaced out control, eq/comp centre sections and ability to mix completely from the hardware, like a console, is worth its weight in gold to me.

A touchscreen doesn't have the tactile feedback I want, I'd prob stick with a faderport and mouse in that case to avoid even more staring at screens.

Anyway. Off topic. I know you're in the majority who view physical controllers as giant mouses, but the ICON pairing (and yeah S6) are leagues above every other PT controller and are the bare minimum of what I'd call 'worth it'.

TBH I don't even like touchscreens on my tablet/phone as fingers in the way of visuals (when I do need to look) drives me nutty, has its uses but different world to me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininoyz View Post
Guitar input... to amp output... amp knobs... something like a reamp box ?

I was right...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Prediction: Focal will introduce a replacement for the Twin 6 BE. It was originally introduced at NAMM in 2005. They definitely have the know-how to do this. Focal's merger with Naim provides them with the potential to create a digital speaker with DSP. This is only a prediction.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugstone View Post
Prediction: Focal will introduce a replacement for the Twin 6 BE. It was originally introduced at NAMM in 2005. They definitely have the know-how to do this. Focal's merger with Naim provides them with the potential to create a digital speaker with DSP. This is only a prediction.
Focal with DSP would be a wonderful thing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol View Post
The ICON(s) were a work of art even with some minor flaws and their luxury of spaced out control, eq/comp centre sections and ability to mix completely from the hardware, like a console, is worth its weight in gold to me.
I actually felt it was a tad too spaced out. I would have liked the controls to have been a bit closer together. But yeah, I thought it was great to have dedicated controllers for EQ / dynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol View Post
the ICON pairing (and yeah S6) are leagues above every other PT controller and are the bare minimum of what I'd call 'worth it'.

TBH I don't even like touchscreens on my tablet/phone as fingers in the way of visuals (when I do need to look) drives me nutty, has its uses but different world to me.
Hmmm... well, with the latter above in mind the former I disagree with. Sure, I'll take an s6 over an s3, but I'll take the s3 over the Artist Mix, and the Artist Mix over mousing around (or fingerbanging a screen)...
Old 1 week ago
When’s the dangerous news drop?!? I wonder if avid will update the c24. Seems like a good idea. I’d be interested
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I’d love to see an update to the steinberg UR line. It’s due...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Apollo Twin X, with hexa core, spdif in/out, and mastering grade ADC / DAC. For using it as a "Virtual analog" box in your mix bus analog chain, just after your suming mixer and before the burl B2 ADC xD
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduy View Post
Apollo Twin X, with hexa core, spdif in/out, and mastering grade ADC / DAC. For using it as a "Virtual analog" box in your mix bus analog chain, just after your suming mixer and before the burl B2 ADC xD
Hey, you signed an NDA
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduy View Post
Another 'Overbridge' ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Abbey Road Plug Ins COME BACK in 64bit !!!!!!!!!
Damn right. They were great and now I can’t use them in PT. Huge bummer
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Another 'Overbridge' ?
Apollo Console can be used in standalone mode outside pro tools hd, it would be awesome to throw the analog mix bus into it outside pt, add plugins inside Apollo console, and get out of it, with good converters without damaging the signal and use plugins in the chain outside pt and then back into pt with a converter .. like maybe doing it with a Qes-labs PAD2, into the apollo with spdif, and if apollo would have spdif out, you put plugins, and go out again vio something transparent like crane song solaris, and then continue adding analog flavour outside and then back into PT xd

if only the Twin had at least digital out, we could do that with other converters and bypass the apollo converters :s fck my apollo mk2
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLstudio View Post
Arturia DrumBrute just went on clearance today at Guitar Center and BH; $349 instead of $449. That’s a heck of a deal, but also likely indicates a v2 may be released at NAMM. My guess is it will incorporate some of the newer features found in the DrumBrute Impact but in a larger/more powerful unit.
Wonder if it will grow a small patch bay like the synths?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoxRecords View Post
Hopefully shipping immediately after announcement.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOxmyn View Post
Hopefully shipping immediately after announcement.
I hope so too.. just hoping we’re still about 1,500-1,700

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search