The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Battery-Powered Tube Radio Conversion

...does have it's own speaker which is tied directly to the OT. The speaker cone is transparent; pretty cool! Also has a DM70 "exclamation point" magic eye tube! Would like to maybe reverse it's operation with an OpAmp so it lights up as you crank it... muhahaa. I did a bit of reading on running those...

View Post

As promised, I put together a circuit that can drive your DM70 indicator tube so that its display will become longer and brighter in response to audio, similar to a VU meter. Unfortunately for this type of indicator tube the display’s indicator line begins at the top of its track and grows downward. Perhaps...

View Post

...with different supply and grid control voltages. The only ones with 1.4v filaments, that I am aware of, are your DM70 and its sibling DM71.Most others use 6.3 or 12.6 volts filament and sometimes higher anode volts. For instance those round "magic eye" tubes come in a bunch of flavors. Two very common ones...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?