The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

skonford's Studio.

Member since 9th Sep 2019

When you've finished adding items, to sort your lists by category.

My Studio 
  • No Category
  • Yamaha U3 piano. Upright acoustic piano with silent function and MIDI output.
  • Audio Interfaces
  • Apollo Twin DUO USB

Universal Audio Apollo Twin DUO USB

Very happy with this interface. I have paired mine with a UAD octo PCIe card for additional processing power for UAD plugins.
  • Condenser Microphones
  • Control Surfaces
  • Panorama P1

Nektar Panorama P1

Mostly just use the transport controls to play, rewind, jump to marker, etc in Cubase Pro 10.
  • DAW Software
  • Cubase Pro 11

Steinberg Cubase Pro 11

Cubase Pro 10. I switched to this from Pro-Tools 11, and have been very happy. Easier to use, just as powerful, and never crashes.
  • Desktop Synthesizers
  • Sequential Prophet-6 Desktop

Dave Smith Instruments Sequential Prophet-6 Desktop

As a guitar player I had always made fun of keyboards - then one day I heard the Prophet 6. It was so rich and heavy! My jaw hit the floor! I knew I had to have one!
    CODE 8

Studio Electronics CODE 8

Ordered. EAGERLY awaiting.
  • Direct Injection & Re-amp Boxes
  • Drum Machines & Samplers
  • Alpha Base

Jomox Alpha Base

Great way for non-drummers to learn drumming with a sweet piece of gear. Way easier to press buttons on a real unit as opposed to editing notes in a DAW.
  • DSP Audio Systems
  • UAD-2 OCTO Core Card

Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Core Card

This greatly increases my processing power for handling UAD plugins.
  • Dynamic Microphones
  • Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
  • Fractal Audio Systems Axe FX Ultra

The original! Still use this thing all of the time, even though I have an Axe-FX III not too.
    Axe-Fx III

Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx III

If you play guitar - you will never regret buying this. If you can't find your sound on this, you got a problem with yourself, not with your gear.

That being said, I am also rocking an original AxeFX Ultra. Built like a tank - with fewer options (but still endless) - but some sounds I actually like better on the original as opposed to the newer AceFXIII- although that might have something to do with my pre-amp routing.
    JX-2 Switchbone

Radial Engineering JX-2 Switchbone

Use this to duplicate guitar signal and input into multiple amps and amp modeling systems.
    OX Amp Top Box

Universal Audio OX Amp Top Box

I use this as a signal attenuator connecting my Diezel VH4 amp head to my Silent Sister Isolation Cabinet. This box also sends a second signal to which it applies speaker and fx modulation straight to my DAW interface. Super Cool!
  • Keyboard Synthesizers
  • Sequential Prophet X

Dave Smith Instruments Sequential Prophet X

I love the combination of interesting sampled instruments and synthesizers.
    Matriarch

Moog Matriarch

Sounds amazing. Harmonically rich and has that vintage "moog" vibe. Super happy with what this adds to my studio.
    Montage 8

Yamaha Montage 8

White. Great buy. Keyboard feels the same as my piano. Super-deep, but lots of tutorials and community help. Long live Dom Sigalas!
  • MIDI Processors
  • MIDI Express 128

MOTU MIDI Express 128

I use this as a MIDI hub when necessary, all though a lot of my gear now runs exclusively through usb.
  • Mixers (Analog)
  • Eurorack Pro RX1602

Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1602

I use this to mix several synthesizers running into my DAW sound interface.
  • Multi-Channel Preamps
  • 4-710D

Universal Audio 4-710D

I run guitars through these pre-amps, some are Hi-Z in, some are the mic’s run from my speaker cab. Awesome piece of gear! In addition to running analog signals to the physical inputs of my DAW interface, this does digital conversion on 4 additional line inputs to bring into my DAW (this preamp connects to my UAD twin interface via ADAT).
  • Other Controllers
  • TriplePlay

Fishman TriplePlay

Great MIDI guitar pickup invention. I am better on guitar than keys, so this has some advantages in the area of MIDI composition for me. Also, it somehow records expression type data at the same time, giving truer sounding results.
  • Studio Headphones
  • MDR-7506

Sony MDR-7506

Studio headphones. Yay!
  • Studio Monitors
  • KH 805

Neumann KH 805

(sub) WOOF!
    Other Gear I've Used 
  • List is empty.
  • Classifieds Watchlist 
  • List is empty.