The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Designed with professional and working musicians in mind, the MXL 603 PAIR Instrument Microphones deliver the natural acoustic properties you need for overhead drums, piano, string instruments, and more. Sharing characteristics of European and Japanese imports at a fraction of the price, a transformerless design provides a solid bottom and an extremely open top end sound. The MXL 603 PAIR can even handle guitar amp recordings! Instrument microphone with a crisp, bright sound Transformerless design for a solid low end and an open top Ideal for drum overheads, acoustic guitars, pianos and strings Fast transient response for extra accuracy Small-diaphragm capsule that captures extra detail

Discussions

Best Budget Mics - My Recommendations

...found. And I've posted explicit instructions how to do both all over the web for free! Another example - the MXL 603. Harvey Gerst famously said of this mic "A flat-out winner" folks. I agree. I've gone further and actually documented the performance anomalies of this mic (8kHz peak, diaphragm set back coloration et al)...

View Post

MBHO Service - Incredible

I have two MBHO 603 handles and several capsulas, some in pairs, some single. Although these mics certainly aren't for all situations, they nevertheless shine in some others. (E.G. the single diaphragm figure eight in pair with another as Mid-Side pair). Recently my single hypercardioid capsula developed an excessive hiss (other capsulas with the...

View Post

The best cheap microphones that are actually worth collecting

...tried all my mics before accidently pick it. The other contenders were SM7B, RE20, MXL V67, Neumann TLM102 and KMS84, MXL603, Fame VT12 (cheap AKG C12 clone) and little Blondie.

View Post