Call it the Mutable Fun Pack. The Synth Happy Meal. The Family Variety Bucket. The Anushri doesn’t have quite the sound design depth that Mutable’s Shruthi-1 does, but in its place, you get a whole mess of different features. It’s an analog synth, with an additional digital oscillator. It’s got its own step sequencer/arpeggiator. It’s got an 8-bit, bit-crushed drum machine. And it has analog connections for modulars in addition to MIDI, so modular lovers can put it into a Eurorack if they like.
In fact, it seems to bring some of the compact, lovable features of Roland’s 101 and 202 into a do-all-that-on-steroids modern format.
- One analog oscillator, switchable to saw, square, pulse width/PWM waveforms
- Secondary digital oscillator (use as FM source, VCO sync signal, or mix with the analog oscillator)
- 1- or 2-octave sub oscillator
- Mixer with external audio input
- ADSR envelope, plus one simple one-parameter envelope
- LFO with eight waveforms
- LFO syncs to arp/sequencer
- Arpeggiator: up, down, up&down, random
- SH-101-style note sequencer with step recording
- Internal clock or external MIDI clock or trigger
- Digital drum machine with bit-crusher; 10 MHz audio resolution, 1-bit
- Algorithmic drum pattern generator (so you use the knobs to shape generated patterns, or trigger them with MIDI or x0x-style MIDI programming)
- MIDI in and out
- External audio input
- For modular/analog fans: CV in and out for the oscillator (though that means you have to manually calibrate), filter, amplitude, PWM, gate, and external audio input
- Separate drum machine audio output
- Update firmware over SysEx, or use an AVR programmer
The GEARSLUTZ Acid Techno Showdown!!
TR8 with a fuzzed up anushri and a volca bass. 151bpm. Made over the weekend, aciddy and techno-ey so it seems rude not put it here.
Gear Porn thread - pics of your slutty setups
...system just over a year ago for FX sound-mangling and drums (neither of my drum modules pictured). The Mutable Instruments Anushri on top of there is one of my favourites. Also love pedals and weird old FX boxes - you can just make out a Yamaha REX-50 under the table.
Last major purchase was the...
Favorite Semi-Modular Synths?
Anushri, Grenadier, Telemark.
And i've placed my order on a Grendel DC-2E.
I've mainly fixed architecture synths, semi-modular is the limit for me to experiment a bit but not too much.
See All Discussions
Begin a Discussion