The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
just had my first TV placement
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

just had my first TV placement

hey guys just had some very exciting news yesterday. Tunesat picked up my first ever TV placement on US television on CBS sports over the weekend. its a fantastic feeling hopefully this is just the start of lots more to come.

its about 2 years since i started out on this journey and days like this just make all the hard work worth while.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

That's fantastic! Congrats, man!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Congrats dude!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

congratz danny! was that song in a library? and how long was it in there till it got placed?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinkeee2000 View Post
congratz danny! was that song in a library? and how long was it in there till it got placed?
hey man it was in a library. i'm only doing the library thing about 2 years. this track was about 11 months in the library before i got this so its a loooonnnnng patient game
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

congrats!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Well done! Here's to many more!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4 View Post
Well done! Here's to many more!
thanks man. i hope so too
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymc View Post
hey guys just had some very exciting news yesterday. Tunesat picked up my first ever TV placement on US television on CBS sports over the weekend. its a fantastic feeling hopefully this is just the start of lots more to come.

its about 2 years since i started out on this journey and days like this just make all the hard work worth while.
VERY COOL!

Congrats!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

You weren't contacted and contracted before it was placed, it took tunesat to find it? Am I missing something here?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeWolf View Post
Am I missing something here?
Evidently.....

BTW, dannymc - congrats. Hopefully there will be hundreds more soon.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Evidently.....

BTW, dannymc - congrats. Hopefully there will be hundreds more soon.
No need to be condescending, please elaborate. I thought tunesat was to find those infringing upon the usage without consent?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
No need to be condescending, please elaborate. I thought tunesat was to find those infringing upon the usage without consent?
The original poster said he got the placement through a music library, it was on a CBS sports show. Everybody's experience is different, but usually the type of libraries that get you placements on shows like that don't usually notify you when one of your track gets placed. You only find out either from Tunesat, or when it pops up in your BMI/ASCAP/whichever account/royalty statement.

Some smaller libraries may send you an email once in a while to let you know your music was used, but in my experience, it's not very common.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
No condescension meant, and no, tunesat is not only to find infringements without consent, but to manage your placements, and keep your PRO (if they accept tunesat) honest and on track. In this day and age, anything broadcast without consent is extremely rare. No one wants that kind of liability. Not the producer, director, production company or network. They would much rather pay than risk getting sued.

The op has his music in a library. Once in, you very, very rarely know where it's going until you get confirmation that it aired from your PRO - or in this case tunesat.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTHtracks View Post
The original poster said he got the placement through a music library, it was on a CBS sports show. Everybody's experience is different, but usually the type of libraries that get you placements on shows like that don't usually notify you when one of your track gets placed. You only find out either from Tunesat, or when it pops up in your BMI/ASCAP/whichever account/royalty statement.

Some smaller libraries may send you an email once in a while to let you know your music was used, but in my experience, it's not very common.
Thank you for the response, I just learned something new here.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
No condescension meant, and no, tunesat is not only to find infringements without consent, but to manage your placements, and keep your PRO (if they accept tunesat) honest and on track. In this day and age, anything broadcast without consent is extremely rare. No one wants that kind of liability. Not the producer, director, production company or network. They would much rather pay than risk getting sued.

The op has his music in a library. Once in, you very, very rarely know where it's going until you get confirmation that it aired from your PRO - or in this case tunesat.
Thank you for the response. I know of tunesat, but thought it was meant for private usage to track down anyone ( or company) using a song without consent. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Now, the question: Where is a personal tunesat membership on the priority list?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thank you for the response. I know of tunesat, but thought it was meant for private usage to track down anyone ( or company) using a song without consent. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Now, the question: Where is a personal tunesat membership on the priority list?
exactly as Dr BILL said. a music library is way too busy to be informing every composer every time they get a placement. i only started using tunesat and initially only uploaded a handful of tracks with no results. after seeing no back end in my PRO i was close to losing faith with this library so decided to go for broke and upload all my tracks to tunesat. tunesat allows you up to 50 tracks for free. lo and behold about 2 or 3 weeks later tunesat picked up this detection on a track i pretty much forgot about.

there's no telling to what will get used it seems. especially as a composer your idea of one of your best tracks may be very different to what an editor feels is right for their tv spot.

still buzzing about the placement. tunesat caught a re-run on friday night at 7.55pm. does that mean more money cause its pretty much primetime?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Now, the question: Where is a personal tunesat membership on the priority list?
For me it's a zero priority. Never needed it to get paid and it's too expensive for what it returns. Thousands of tracks would cost a fortune....
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

there is the free version which allows you upload up to 50 tracks. my catalogue is not that big yet so for now as i'm still only starting out and waiting for royalties to come in it suits me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymc View Post
there is the free version which allows you upload up to 50 tracks. my catalogue is not that big yet so for now as i'm still only starting out and waiting for royalties to come in it suits me.
So, as soon as tunesat detects your work, does it post said work to your tunesat account immediately? Or is there a "processing" period of days/weeks or what have you? Like I said, I heard of tunesat (i beleive friend of former nder of tunecore invented it?) but I haven't looked much into it.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
So, as soon as tunesat detects your work, does it post said work to your tunesat account immediately? Or is there a "processing" period of days/weeks or what have you? Like I said, I heard of tunesat (i beleive friend of former nder of tunecore invented it?) but I haven't looked much into it.
Buddy, just sign up for it. It's free! You will find out all the answers to your questions from your own experiences. Trust me, it's a great service to use!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search