The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Music Library looking for new Composers! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th June 2017
Here for the gear

Music Library looking for new Composers!

Hey Guys,

My company is currently looking to onboard new composers to our music library. We have a quite a few clients who need a tremendous amount of music.

If you are interested, please pm me with a link to your music and your email address.

Phil
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by philz View Post
Hey Guys,

My company is currently looking to onboard new composers to our music library. We have a quite a few clients who need a tremendous amount of music.

If you are interested, please pm me with a link to your music and your email address.

Phil
Nice! What's the budget?
Old 17th June 2017
Gear Head

I might be interested but I think I'd like a bit more info before I give out my e-mail address - I'll PM but ask for you what the business model is, exclusive/ non exclusive, what the splits are and what kind of music you are looking for.
Old 17th June 2017
Lives for gear

Interested to know your terms, is there budget up front? If not, what are some of your recent placements?
Old 18th June 2017
Lives for gear

Of course all of our interest is piqued, but if you could give us a little more information as Amber requested, I think you will probably get more responses...
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Hi Guy's ! Gearslutz member looking for music libraries to submit my music to. I've got lots of it waiting for libraries to offer.

If any libraries out there are interested pm me with your contact details and a link to your library music...
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Head

well I didn't get a response to my PM from 3 days ago so that's not a good sign to me.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Nice! What's the budget?
In the absence of Philz, I can hereby reveal that the answer is 'zilch, nada, naught and nil'.

I hope that clarifies everything
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
In the absence of Philz, I can hereby reveal that the answer is 'zilch, nada, naught and nil'.

I hope that clarifies everything
Not really - what's the split of 'zilch, nada, naught and nil'?
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
well I didn't get a response to my PM from 3 days ago so that's not a good sign to me.
if this is who i think it is then this is a genuine offer for a good performing library that do get placements. did you PM phil links to your music?
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

I know exactly who this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymc View Post
...then this is a genuine offer for a good performing library that do get placements.
Yep.

BTW - publicly questioning a lib whether or not they are legit, before first doing any research and getting pertinent info, is just bad form. So are sarcastic remarks which mock the op. So are public budgetary requests. If you want info, do the research, and/or send a pm. I mean, this could be someone from Megatrax, Extreme, WC, APM, etc. Chances are they would not post here, but you never know. And if you use your real name, or have your SC page, or webpage, or whatever in your sig, then you might have just screwed yourself out of some really, really, good placements.

Cheers.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post

Yep.

BTW - publicly questioning a lib whether or not they are legit, before first doing any research and getting pertinent info, is just bad form. So are sarcastic remarks which mock the op. So are public budgetary requests. If you want info, do the research, and/or send a pm. I mean, this could be someone from Megatrax, Extreme, WC, APM, etc. Chances are they would not post here, but you never know. And if you use your real name, or have your SC page, or webpage, or whatever in your sig, then you might have just screwed yourself out of some really, really, good placements.

Cheers.

I don't think they have a budget
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't think they have a budget
I never said they did.
Old 22nd June 2017
A rather cynical bunch here..
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Yep.

BTW - publicly questioning a lib whether or not they are legit, before first doing any research and getting pertinent info, is just bad form. So are sarcastic remarks which mock the op. So are public budgetary requests. If you want info, do the research, and/or send a pm. I mean, this could be someone from Megatrax, Extreme, WC, APM, etc. Chances are they would not post here, but you never know. And if you use your real name, or have your SC page, or webpage, or whatever in your sig, then you might have just screwed yourself out of some really, really, good placements. Glad to hear it's something actually worth checking into. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.
Glad it is legit, but the OP has not commented since his initial post, and has not answered any questions. They also did not state who their company is. If they are not wanting to come off sounding fishy, they should be a little more forthcoming with info. Too many scams and scammers out there looking for free music. But yes, sarcastic responses are a bad start, but this company hasn't given anyone (who doesn't know who they are) any confidence in their business. Glad to hear it's something actually worth checking into. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Engle View Post
If they are not wanting to come off sounding fishy, they should be a little more forthcoming with info.
Not an invalid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Engle View Post
but the OP has not commented since his initial post, and has not answered any questions.
I am not going to attempt to speak for him, but maybe - like some others - he has no interest in defending himself and his company on a public forum.

Also, he did say If you are interested, please pm me with a link to your music and your email address. But yet, people started asking Qs here. Maybe the people he works with/for are looking for composers who can follow direction.

Cheers.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Not an invalid point.

I am not going to attempt to speak for him, but maybe - like some others - he has no interest in defending himself and his company on a public forum.

Also, he did say If you are interested, please pm me with a link to your music and your email address. But yet, people started asking Qs here. Maybe the people he works with/for are looking for composers who can follow direction.

Cheers.
I could be wrong, but it might be asking a lot for people to PM their music links to an anonymous source, one that didn't even clarify what type of music to send. Let alone someone with a post count of 1.

That's exactly how people steal music and post as their own on RF sites. A link to the library's website isn't too much to ask.

Again, I could be wrong, I hope this library has a huge budget and hires everyone on the forum and lets me know how wrong I am!!
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I could be wrong, but it might be asking a lot for people to PM their music links to an anonymous source, one that didn't even clarify what type of music to send.
No - you are not wrong. Def not a bad idea to say,

"My company, JHayat Music is currently looking to onboard new composers .... "

But a quick pm with, "hey - what lib are you with?" should clear that up quickly.

Cheers.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
No - you are not wrong. Def not a bad idea to say,

"My company, JHayat Music is currently looking to onboard new composers .... "

But a quick pm with, "hey - what lib are you with?" should clear that up quickly.

Cheers.
exactly. come on guys use a bit of common sense.

you could start by sending a PM to the OP saying something like "hi xxx, i seen your offer on the forum, before i send you some links to my music could you start by giving me a little background on your company. is there anywhere i could go online to see some recent placements you guys have had?" you could also then ask them the terms of their contract, exclusive, non-exclusive etc etc.

the library in question are very busy but are run by very nice guys and they would definitely eventually get back to you.

then its up to you to send your best tracks if you want to have a chance of working with them.
Old 22nd June 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
exactly. come on guys use a bit of common sense.

you could start by sending a PM to the OP saying something like "hi xxx, i seen your offer on the forum, before i send you some links to my music could you start by giving me a little background on your company. is there anywhere i could go online to see some recent placements you guys have had?" you could also then ask them the terms of their contract, exclusive, non-exclusive etc etc.

the library in question are very busy but are run by very nice guys and they would definitely eventually get back to you.

then its up to you to send your best tracks if you want to have a chance of working with them.
thats the point, he didnt reply any PM apparently (at least not mine)
Old 22nd June 2017
I will take a wait-and-see approach.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

It's all well and fine defending the OP, as it seems like some of you know exactly who he is. I guess if the surname starts with a 'z' that narrows it down considerably.

But for us, who don't immediately know who he is, the post looks exactly like the all the other scamming companies that looks for music.
Or one that started up last week and takes on any composer that approaches them, and while being totally legit, is by and large, a waste of most people's time.
So pardon the scepticism.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
if this is who i think it is then this is a genuine offer for a good performing library that do get placements. did you PM phil links to your music?
No, I'd like just some info before sending links which I asked for - partly because I don't want to waste our time if the music isn't what is being looked for - although I did give an outline of the kind of music I do.

But as said so far, no reply.

re the suggestion of doing research - I may be missing something but I'm not clear how I could research this?
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Addict

Can anyone share the name of the library?
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
But for us, who don't immediately know who he is, the post looks exactly like the all the other scamming companies that looks for music.
Or one that started up last week and takes on any composer that approaches them, and while being totally legit, is by and large, a waste of most people's time.
So pardon the scepticism.
yeah i read you. i had the same situation late last year when i received an invitation to join a new exclusive label. at first i thought it was a scam but after doing a bit of research online, sending a few emails and making a few calls i discovered they were a new sub label of a well established exclusive library that have been in business for well over 20 years. and its been a great working relationship since.
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can anyone share the name of the library?
I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that - if there is no lib name in the op, maybe there is a reason they don't want it published? As strange as that seems...

I have sent an email to the op. I think any further response should be left up to them, be it public or private.

Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2017
Gear Head

I've now had a response
Old 23rd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I've now had a response
and have you decided to submit?
Old 23rd June 2017
Lives for gear

Wow.

This thread went 'cryptic' real fast.

And to certain others - lighten up! (some more cryptic for ya').
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
and have you decided to submit?
I'll PM you.

re the cryptic comment if it was aimed at me I'm happy to clarify if you PM me.

Basically I'm new here, new to Library music and I've yet to work out the etiquette as this thread shows.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search