The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone Signed up Work with These Guys?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Anyone Signed up Work with These Guys?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Seems like a service that charges you money to give you industry contacts?

That is stuff you can do yourself. It's called the internet.

Connect with the big Trailer Houses that place music for indie and major film trailers.

Grey area there. Do they just give you contact info, and say, "go get 'em kid!"? Or is the service they provide actually putting you in touch directly with the Trailer Houses, and do they make contact with the Trailer Houses on your behalf, which would mean they are actually working for their money?

I would find out before even considering forking over even a dime. If I were you, I would contact them, find out exactly what they do, and pin them down to specifics.

Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Of course you can do it yourself, but I figured it was like a directory service that makes certain the contact info is up to date. The crux being, is it accurate and truthful, hence my asking if folks here have had any experience with the site - if I ask them directly it's highly likely they will say yeh it's all great - doh!

Not sure why you'd want to be patronising and tell me about the internet
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have no experience whatsoever with them. If they are legit and if I were pitching my own work I'd spend 90 bucks in a heartbeat. Yes, the info is readily available, but it would take far more than $90 worth of my time to find and organize by searching around online.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrenebbage View Post
I have no experience whatsoever with them. If they are legit and if I were pitching my own work I'd spend 90 bucks in a heartbeat. Yes, the info is readily available, but it would take far more than $90 worth of my time to find and organize by searching around online.
My exact thoughts
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Of course you can do it yourself, but I figured it was like a directory service that makes certain the contact info is up to date. The crux being, is it accurate and truthful, hence my asking if folks here have had any experience with the site - if I ask them directly it's highly likely they will say yeh it's all great - doh!

Not sure why you'd want to be patronising and tell me about the internet
I was saying that in jest. It was meant for a laugh, and nothing more. Sorry you couldn't see that.
Old 1 week ago
here is every big and small trailer house in the US and some outside the US with names of the supervisors to contact and their phone numbers at the offices...

Trailer House | Directories Category | Golden Trailer Awards

Can I charge you for this info now even though it is literally free on the internet and took me all of about 2 seconds to find?

Beware of anyone charging you for access to "contact info". It's usually a scam.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
here is every big and small trailer house in the US and some outside the US with names of the supervisors to contact and their phone numbers at the offices...

Can I charge you for this info now even though it is literally free on the internet and took me all of about 2 seconds to find?

Beware of anyone charging you for access to "contact info". It's usually a scam.
Great thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Great thanks!
That will be $90, thank you!

LOL
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
That will be $90, thank you!

LOL
I think you're a little short of the info offered on the sync-report site, but I get your point and knowing the right words to chuck in to google must make you feel mighty proud
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

Is it specific for this industry to show phone number, but no email address?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
knowing the right words to chuck in to google ...
This.

I've been a professional musician for a long time. I've done all sorts of things, and have an ok understanding of the layout of the industry. Still, if I decided to pitch my own music and wanted to target trailer houses, I wouldn't have known to search the Golden Trailer site for contacts. Maybe I would have found my way to it, but it could easily take 1/2 an hour to get there. Point being, you don't know exactly what to look for until you find it.

In a former life, I used to book US tours for my band and we played lots of college campuses around the country. Every college brings bands to play, but each college has its own committee/department/job title/ designation for the person or people responsible for booking bands. It took forever just to figure out who to ask for. At some point someone gave us an old NACA contact list and it saved me a TON of time. The names of buyers were outdated but at least I had the correct office number to call.

NACA is a legit organization. Is this one? I have no idea. Etch is totally right...often, these things are useless and scammy. But if it is legit and I were pitching my music, I'd pay $90 in a second.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I think you're a little short of the info offered on the sync-report site, but I get your point and knowing the right words to chuck in to google must make you feel mighty proud
So pay the money.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Why is everyone so afraid to cold call??

Is it a one-time $90 payment? Chump change. Buy the list and start calling.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrenebbage View Post
This.

I've been a professional musician for a long time. I've done all sorts of things, and have an ok understanding of the layout of the industry. Still, if I decided to pitch my own music and wanted to target trailer houses, I wouldn't have known to search the Golden Trailer site for contacts. Maybe I would have found my way to it, but it could easily take 1/2 an hour to get there. Point being, you don't know exactly what to look for until you find it.

In a former life, I used to book US tours for my band and we played lots of college campuses around the country. Every college brings bands to play, but each college has its own committee/department/job title/ designation for the person or people responsible for booking bands. It took forever just to figure out who to ask for. At some point someone gave us an old NACA contact list and it saved me a TON of time. The names of buyers were outdated but at least I had the correct office number to call.

NACA is a legit organization. Is this one? I have no idea. Etch is totally right...often, these things are useless and scammy. But if it is legit and I were pitching my music, I'd pay $90 in a second.
Yeh similar story here, after making my own searches and having signed up to Music Library Report for a month (for $25 which got me 2 albums published and a few tracks placed with other libraries - defo recommended). I was looking for more contacts and 90 bucks for 6 months access to these guys tweaked my interest.

The kicker being is it a credible, hence the reason for posting here. Which I am glad I did because Etch turned me on to the Golden Trailer tip, and that also led me to this list which I'm happy to share -
https://www.productionhub.com/direct...oduction-music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
So pay the money.
Why do you think I am asking if anyone can recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford View Post
Why is everyone so afraid to cold call??

Is it a one-time $90 payment? Chump change. Buy the list and start calling.
Agreed and if someone had recommended I'd be calling right now
Old 1 week ago
You either do it or not. Make a decision.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
You either do it or not. Make a decision.
That's my intention, but an informed decision
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
That's my intention, but an informed decision
Use the free list that Etch gave you first.

If that doesn't work, pay the 90 dollars to get the other list.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeh similar story here, after making my own searches and having signed up to Music Library Report for a month (for $25 which got me 2 albums published and a few tracks placed with other libraries - defo recommended). I was looking for more contacts and 90 bucks for 6 months access to these guys tweaked my interest.

The kicker being is it a credible, hence the reason for posting here. Which I am glad I did because Etch turned me on to the Golden Trailer tip, and that also led me to this list which I'm happy to share -
https://www.productionhub.com/direct...oduction-music

Why do you think I am asking if anyone can recommend?

Agreed and if someone had recommended I'd be calling right now
It's going to be difficult to find someone that will say BUY IT!

If it's working for someone, they're not going to recommend it to a competitor. You gotta try it for yourself!!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

If it's working for someone, they're not going to recommend it to a competitor. You gotta try it for yourself!!
Guess MLR this aint then...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

You mean like you did here?

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...periences.html
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
How do you mean? I said the employees were a great group of people.

Also, Music Library Report talks about LIBRARIES. If you go on there asking about specific music supervisors or resources to meet supes you won't get much info, unless it's about a music conference like ASCAP Expo etc..

Did you buy the list yet? Worst case you're out a few bucks, best case you have hundreds of potential leads to cold call. I'd take that bet any day of the week.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Rule #1 about cold calling, when discussing or even mentioning cold calling, you must stop what you're doing and cold call.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search