Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
VG Music Influences
Old 17th July 2010
Lives for gear

I've always loved this little 8 bit beauty~~

Old 17th July 2010
Gear addict

Oh yes, video games were always a huge influence. I completely blame video games for my love of electronic music. Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Castlevania, Marble Madness (lol), Ninja Gaiden & all that old NES stuff was great, I pretty much agree w/ everything listed already.
Also agree w/ TRIGR, Mech Warrior 2 had an awesome score! It sounds equally militaristic and emotional, quite possibly my fav of any game ever.
Old 17th July 2010
Gear addict

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are probably the only two games that have had an influence on my music.
Old 19th July 2010
Lives for gear

Originally Posted by sneaks View Post
i made this awhile back.....

Nice! Primo Metroid track to pick. Probably one of my favs.

A friend turned me on to this Tetris Electro mix. Actually a really good track.

Old 28th July 2010
Lives for gear

Simply had to include this track. If you've never played the game you should at very least check out this track. I used to love playing level 2 just for this music!

Old 4th August 2010
Old 5th August 2010
Lives for gear

In fact, the reason I started playing piano was because I was emulating the music I heard in video games. The first thing I really tried to play were the songs from Final Fantasy 1 and 2 , and Dragon Warrior when I was around . . . I dunno 7 or 8? If it wasn't for those games, I'd never have sat down at an instrument, although that could be wrong because when I turned 11 I became obsessed w/ Nirvana and thats when I bought a guitar. It was a total hunk of crap. I dumped the piano after that. I wish I had stuck with piano though, as its very universal in its applications these days, although having background in guitar is nice.

I currently have about 500 video game songs on my iPhone with its limited space so I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of different games.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search