The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I would like some advice/pointers on mastering music for TV commercials. I am a TV post engineer, and most of my work to date has...

swirlyd
replies: 7 views: 2,201
huub 2nd April 2008

I am redesigning my website to have a "music for film and TV" section. I intend to include several songs and samples...

tluke
replies: 2 views: 993
tluke 19th March 2008

Just wanted to know how composers / designers go about scoring a commercial. When you receive the video what is the process...

Flipsid3
replies: 5 views: 3,149
soundslikejoe 15th February 2008

If this is the wrong forum to ask, please boot me or delete me but... since this is a place for tv and film audio post people, I...

mslim
replies: 2 views: 1,014
mslim 10th February 2008

Hello, I need some music for an educational documentary about astronomy, do you know of any good royalty free library that could...

eldaniel
replies: 8 views: 1,494
gsilbers 7th January 2008

Hi All, I spend the bulk of my time over at the Remote Recording forums, as I'm usually on that end of the production chain, but...

justpushplay
replies: 0 views: 880
justpushplay 18th December 2007

Hi, I am a growing composer, and I just finished my very first professional job for a small company. I provided music for the...

DavidG79
replies: 10 views: 1,176
soundboy 22nd November 2007

Hey guys and gals I do most of my post in logic right now, but i really like creating the sound design in soundtrack....

Rowdy
replies: 5 views: 1,632
Jay M 12th October 2007

I'm writing music for a TV series that originally contracted me to provide stereo mixes. Production company has just phoned to...

reid
replies: 7 views: 2,044
originalscottyg 3rd October 2007

Hi Slutz! I'm currently looking to expand my showreel and think a short film score would be a cool addition. Now I'm willing...

PlayItLoud
replies: 7 views: 1,743
PlayItLoud 25th September 2007

hi guys, i did a search on the internet but i haven't managed to find a definitive answer... would anyone here know by any...

mark007
replies: 5 views: 13,176
Stizz 18th September 2007

Hi all I've been recently offered a composing job for a £1m 35mm feature... not a massive budget by today's standards of...

Whitecat
replies: 6 views: 1,251
Whitecat 4th September 2007

i come from a post production background and have little music mixing experience. we have a music orientated (indie rock) show...

tomjoyce
replies: 2 views: 1,039
Chris G 20th August 2007

Anyone know the basics of Music Licensing? I have a situation where a tiny piece of music was used in a feature (About 2 bars)...

The Chinese
replies: 7 views: 4,064
imgoinmad 25th July 2007

I have a few questions for this... can a (video/audio) studios use music production libraies songs for their demo reels? or...

gsilbers
replies: 6 views: 1,795
hef 23rd July 2007

Hi everyone, I have a newbie question. If I were to get offered a gig, writing/recording music for a feature film... exactly...

Rockman
replies: 3 views: 1,092
Rockman 11th July 2007

Has anyone here done any work on orchestral Movie Soundtracks? I'm curious as to how they use reverb. I'd love to hear anyone's...

bove
replies: 4 views: 4,849
Fretbored 9th July 2007

One of the things I like to do to chill out at the end of a day is to hang on my couch and zap around with a guitar at hand. I...

HEADROOM
replies: 7 views: 1,170
HEADROOM 27th June 2007

Do any on you mix trailers. I'm curious what happens to the music (aside from getting burried under tanks, rockets, explosions,...

audiomichael
replies: 2 views: 3,807
Pedro_vde 17th June 2007

Always wondered about Indian movie soundtracks in the past... Where does that characteristic overdriven vocal sound come...

Blast9
replies: 16 views: 14,456
Blast9 12th June 2007

Hey Guys. I've just been asked to compose music for a 90 minute documentary - funded by a large corporate company. they want...

Dave12345
replies: 9 views: 3,106
theoryinmotion 24th May 2007

I am just starting to get into writing music for TV adverts. So far I have been able to get by ust fine with the tools at my...

John_McEnroe
replies: 15 views: 5,424
londontown 22nd May 2007

Hi, my band has been approached to include a song in a movie soundtrack. This would be a non-exclusive license. But the contract...

Rufuss Sewell
replies: 2 views: 3,593
Rufuss Sewell 12th April 2007

Not sure if I am using the correct term, but I am looking for some info on creating custom audio to use in radio and tv ads to...

Dopamine
replies: 10 views: 1,743
Dopamine 8th March 2007

I'm going to be mixing and engineering a few songs (trial run) for a local musician who occasionally writes for commercials. ...

majortom
replies: 2 views: 1,784
majortom 5th March 2007

I recently heard a piece of my music used in a feature film trailer, but I didn't authorize its use there. Is there a way to...

AndreH
replies: 8 views: 2,830
chrisso 28th February 2007

Great to see a Post forum here on GS. Anyone out there make music for Music Librarys? I have been writing and recording ...

LK7
replies: 19 views: 22,237
bloodstained 27th February 2007

I am wondering how much gain reduction people do on movie scores. I'm sure it would vary. But in general, say, TV or movies in...

Chris Farrow
replies: 57 views: 7,068
dr.sound 20th February 2007

My nightclub is doing a promotion with Paramount Pictures and the release of this film and they sent us some copies of the...

David Lee
replies: 0 views: 1,123
David Lee 18th February 2007

just wondering whats the setup of diferent filmcomposers. hows your connections between diferent computers and outboard gear...

gsilbers
replies: 6 views: 2,997
Glamdring 5th February 2007

hi all, i have an indy film producer requesting if i could produce a 4-5 minute song that may be used as a centerpiece for a...

electric
replies: 6 views: 1,165
drBill 20th December 2006

This 2005 movie is now available as DVD rental. You may already know and may/may not be interested in the story told here by...

john caldwell
replies: 5 views: 1,357
littledoodler 19th February 2006

Rights and clearances - legaleze for a film score An old friend of mine is a filmmaker who has asked me to score his film....

angopop
replies: 4 views: 1,945
wildstar 6th January 2006

It's been 12 years since I've lived there, but I was just wondering, with all the DAW's now, would you say that there is more of...

ihate100bees
replies: 0 views: 2,841
ihate100bees 4th January 2006

Don't know exactly where this thread belongs but here we go... I realize that this question is not an easy one to answer but...

petsematary
replies: 2 views: 1,242
robmix 2nd January 2006

Hi Folks howdy Just wondering if there is anybody out there working in the jingle buisiness and if so, what type of gear you...

Prickstein
replies: 10 views: 3,448
Kyle Ashley 12th September 2005

Hey folks. I was wondering what were some of the big names in LA & NYC that master movie soundtracks. Thanks a bunch.

Autowow
replies: 0 views: 3,342
Autowow 26th January 2005

Palm Pictures Proudly Announces the Highly Anticipated Theatrical and DVD Release of Tom Dowd and the Language of...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 2,261
shikawkee 18th July 2004

A band I've worked with in the past is looking record and release a 'tribute' of sorts. They will be recording the major themes...

cymatics
replies: 1 views: 2,737
Albert 11th February 2004

Hi all, Some questions, does any one here write music for short films, tv shows etc?If so how would I go about doing...

skip bitmin
replies: 2 views: 1,714
skip bitmin 23rd November 2003

Apple Computer has obtained the exclusive U.S. rights to distribute the soundtrack to 20th Century Fox's film, "The League...

BevvyB
replies: 6 views: 2,268
ghoost 9th July 2003

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search