The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys, I just got one of my songs placed in a NBC sports commercial back in January and I have confirmed it has aired on tv...

thesecession
replies: 5 views: 2,745
drBill 14th March 2012

ok i know how to do soundtrack music but in this case... 1. dont have the time 2. it doesn't really need music per se I don't...

quadcore
replies: 7 views: 1,264
drBill 14th March 2012

Hi everybody, I need some help regarding film music from colleagues around the world. Sorry if it is the wrong place in the...

pablo1980
replies: 1 views: 1,569
[email protected] 23rd February 2012

Has anyone out in GS land seen Drive yet? Great, fun film. The soundtrack is full of some heavy synth driven tracks. Some very...

d1rtynyc
replies: 15 views: 6,255
cane creek 2nd February 2012

I'm finally at the time to get a 5.1 monitoring systems for film/orchestra music production, thinking about genelc 8040. But some...

rockman413
replies: 5 views: 1,856
georgia 31st January 2012

Hi Friends This is the situation Im a music producer and musician, and a Film producer from a sudamerican country contacted...

Artist4
replies: 12 views: 2,288
spiderman 29th January 2012

brokeback moutain..great so far

Shabo
replies: 107 views: 6,485
John Z 28th January 2012

I wrote/recorded a song that a friend is going to use in a horror film he's making. The song will also be on the soundtrack. ...

guittarzzan
replies: 14 views: 2,408
soundesign 11th January 2012

The camera pans through the lab, cut scenes of two scientists hard at work. The cure for cancer is coming. Tests are showing...

VampireV
replies: 0 views: 776
VampireV 10th January 2012

Sorry for the rather alarmist heading, but I could really take some urgent advice right now. An agency in the UK has asked me to...

Spall
replies: 6 views: 1,394
nucelar 4th January 2012

Here is Rohan Stevenson, a composer for Merlin TV series, demonstrates how music can change the meaning of the scene completely....

infiniteloop
replies: 0 views: 1,819
infiniteloop 18th December 2011

I - like I'm sure many here - have been a long-time fan of Carlos' famous soundtrack. Tonight I was browsing YouTube and by...

Mr. Varaldo
replies: 9 views: 1,802
schmuck 15th December 2011

Hello, I compose music for a kids cartoon show and am constantly adding to a library of approximately 800 wav files ranging...

bunratty
replies: 3 views: 2,522
bunratty 8th December 2011

I just mixed a live music concert in 5.1 (and stereo) for their DVD, and when I got the proof, the mix sounds terrible. Here's...

mistervenable
replies: 10 views: 1,930
nlc201 27th September 2011

I want to transfer my SACD discs (commercial music discs) to 1-bit files to preserve the music. I am going from analog output of...

Deleted User
replies: 0 views: 1,549
Deleted d78e603 21st September 2011

for film scoring work, for a small budget film (with a bigger budget look), which would you recommend more out of: Eastwest...

matt thomas
replies: 40 views: 31,929
composingkeys3 15th July 2011

Okay, this is a stretch. I have to haul ass because I am helping a friend and shes under pressure. We are environmentalists...

BuildaFriend
replies: 0 views: 783
BuildaFriend 8th July 2011

Hi I need an info, What is the price of a song from a library if I want to use it for a documentary? thanks

GabriMix
replies: 5 views: 1,899
MusicTrax 3rd July 2011

Hey everyone, first post here! Over the years I've noticed that when some music is used in films (particularly when 'pop'...

sparky88
replies: 8 views: 12,351
clipgod 3rd June 2011

wondering if it would be of any benefit to use the k-system when mixing music for film and/or TV. seems the idea is to use it...

gsilbers
replies: 2 views: 1,438
cananball 28th February 2011

Just wondering what the experienced viewpoint is regarding Soundtrack vs. Score. I'd like to approach a director about the...

spiderman
replies: 20 views: 1,675
Etch-A-Sketch 4th January 2011

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should take on a particular aspect of a case I'm working on. I'm recording...

glenn_jr
replies: 4 views: 1,066
AdamJ 29th December 2010

Mixing music as score, for use in film and TV, is different than mixing music as a standalone product. There are many useful...

analogjeff
replies: 7 views: 8,751
paulo m 17th December 2010

Pardon my ignorance on this. Hoping someone can shed a little light for me here. How do you guys/gals quote for your jobs?...

amiller
replies: 4 views: 1,651
amiller 15th December 2010

Fellow freelance tv composers, any suggestions for free-to-inexpensive website design apps out there? To show your reel, tv...

replies: 6 views: 2,086
007 8th December 2010

So I went to go see the latest Harry Potter movie with my girlfriend (She's more of a fan than I am, I just find them...

deadxatthexscene
replies: 19 views: 6,723
JohnRodd 2nd December 2010

Hi there, first time poster... I'm working on a soundtrack to a non-narrative film that is currently being shot. It's 100%...

johnstanford
replies: 20 views: 2,052
OnlineMusicMix 15th November 2010

What is the difference except amybe the budget? Any different ways in approaching the composition? From what I can hear, TV...

fatcatmusic
replies: 7 views: 1,771
marcus 20th October 2010

Hello guys I'm going to recording my music. I want to keep the option to fit my tracks on as many formats and situations as I...

andy3
replies: 27 views: 10,429
dcollins 20th October 2010

Hi all, I am talking to an indie film maker doing a short piece on Native American culture, and for this project they want...

Spall
replies: 2 views: 1,628
Marbarbaar 23rd September 2010

Maybe this should be in the Music Biz section but I think this might get more response here... I've decided that my music has...

spiderman
replies: 34 views: 3,556
drBill 2nd September 2010

As the title says - on behalf of a client I need a quality royalty-free pay-once-get-a-stack-of-CDs-to-use-forever music library...

Whitecat
replies: 20 views: 8,668
ccardell 18th August 2010

Hi, I've never done music outside of my own indie rock singer/songwriter stuff but I was just offered a small job on the basis...

Quadrophonic73
replies: 9 views: 1,736
Scoopicman 27th July 2010

Whassup Forum, Please forgive me if there is another thread on my topic. A good friend of mine has written a movie and would...

playitbyear
replies: 16 views: 2,115
Uncle Bob 12th July 2010

I'm interested in trying to get some of my productions into these production music libraries but im a bit confused about the...

Matt_2010
replies: 0 views: 1,652
Matt_2010 13th June 2010

I just recently got around to watching the movie "Moon" and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Evokes the old days...

polartech
replies: 4 views: 933
DayglowScarecrow 1st May 2010

I'm currently putting together a cue library and I'm just wondering as far as format/length/etc. (not what kind of music) what is...

00Sun-Electro00
replies: 2 views: 1,063
PoxyMusic 30th April 2010

So here's the thing, I've got a friend who has to make a commercial for a college project, something similar in structure and...

SleimanDamien
replies: 6 views: 2,107
SleimanDamien 24th April 2010

Hey, For a very short animation I need to record something like 30 seconds of melody. So i have the time - 30 seconds of music...

Drorsh4
replies: 17 views: 3,482
soundfx 21st April 2010

Vintage King Audio & Solid State Logic invite you to an evening of discussion about music composition for film &...

VintageKingAudio
replies: 1 views: 762
Mike P 15th April 2010

Hi Are there any companies that will accept music for tv/films? I know its prob a stupid question as most i guess are done...

HOTC
replies: 7 views: 8,052
tommyd123 14th April 2010

A few years ago i read a very interesting thread in the logic forum which was written by a composer who explains how he and the...

Dumb-Ask
replies: 8 views: 3,309
ErikG 9th April 2010

I can't seem to find much information about this anywhere. I know for classical music there is almost no mixing but for...

aml4
replies: 1 views: 1,255
teo 4th April 2010

Hello We are busy mixing an indie short movie. This is the director's first movie, which will be used to raise money for a...

drakem
replies: 10 views: 1,414
NetworkAudio 24th March 2010

I've heard that buyout deals are prevalent in the world of audio for TV commercials, but I heard it said that one of the...

fragchamp
replies: 5 views: 2,158
sonnykeyes 19th March 2010

Hi all, I'm looking for consolation. I am working on a low budget project as the only sound guy and had two weeks for editing,...

bloodyh
replies: 13 views: 1,568
Jfriah 10th March 2010

A question for you film dubbing mixers from the composers perspective. I write music for TV films and normally use fairly...

question
replies: 18 views: 2,929
Rick Sanchez 18th February 2010

Hi there, I've been put on the spot a little here and am in need of help pretty sharpish. I've just been put on a session...

daveytinners
replies: 4 views: 1,611
sonnykeyes 11th February 2010

So I saw Avatar in 3D last night and was completely blown away. The visual quality of this movie, the whole 3D world and just the...

DP40oz
replies: 53 views: 3,198
markblasco 4th February 2010

Hi: We wrote music for a 10 part animation series a few years ago. It was a complete and total "work for hire, you never...

dubaifox
replies: 11 views: 1,860
mfranken 27th January 2010

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search