The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I have attached my movie soundtrack, completely composed,programmed and mixed by me. Take a listen guys. If you are...

Newwavemix
replies: 24 views: 2,479
narcoman 4th January 2013

I woke up this morning to see a new forum on GS. One that's been a long time coming IMO. Just wanted to post a big THANK YOU...

drBill
replies: 17 views: 2,668
Max The Dog 4th January 2013

The much anticipated Movie, "Les Miserables" has taken a new approach to the recording and performance of the lead...

funkcity
replies: 15 views: 2,594
charles maynes 2nd January 2013

I wanted to open up discussion on this topic now that GearSlutz has its own "Music for Film" wing. Its a critical...

SonicAlchemist
replies: 25 views: 2,663
Amber 1st January 2013

hi guys, anyone one know a comparable library, but cheaper than the following?: Rhythmic Aura Vol. 1...

davidfes88
replies: 3 views: 934
davidfes88 1st January 2013

Hi everyone! I was just accepted to join a company that will be producing music for film trailers. I'm very excited about this...

bond39023
replies: 5 views: 1,515
bond39023 30th December 2012

Its the only place it can go without blocking the monitors or the studio a window http://db.tt/AjgkCMGe

digitalson
replies: 0 views: 953
digitalson 29th December 2012

Found this by accident on youtube, a 7-part interview with HZ in his studio. Hans Zimmer in his studio - Part 1 - YouTube

gainreduction
replies: 10 views: 6,923
soundslikejoe 29th December 2012

I have been bouncing qt movs in Pro Tools 10 for a few months, but now suddenly the video is not bouncing with it. The audio is...

pigpen
replies: 0 views: 992
pigpen 28th December 2012

I'm working on a score, and I'm primarily a ITB composer, but I always find the need to break things down into notation....

spiderman
replies: 8 views: 1,205
JonManness 28th December 2012

Hey Folks. I just wanted to share with those of you who may be looking for a good resource and podcast show about film composers...

Brian Ralston
replies: 11 views: 1,535
Brian Ralston 27th December 2012

Sorry mods. I know this might be the wrong forum, but this is the one i follow the most. These guys do the same things I do for...

tbfentertainment
replies: 6 views: 2,235
tomteontour 27th December 2012

Any movie tips for the holidays that feature inspirational and outstanding scores? Any oddball scores worth checking out? Like...

gainreduction
replies: 3 views: 1,624
grmcrcker 24th December 2012

......... and I have never done this work before.shiee The director is a friend and we have worked in the industry a long time...

Fumblefingers
replies: 22 views: 2,480
Fumblefingers 23rd December 2012

I was wondering if anyone of you has come across this (I'm sure you have) and can explain why it does this. And also, is it ok...

tbfentertainment
replies: 5 views: 2,758
tbfentertainment 22nd December 2012

Hi everyone. I have a piece of voiceover that's 30 seconds long. I'd like to get it scored with some original music. My goal...

Dayo
replies: 5 views: 1,765
drBill 20th December 2012

I just wanted to share this guidelines with everyone. I think they good for both composer and client. See what you think?...

masterclass
replies: 0 views: 1,092
masterclass 19th December 2012

Hi all, I have lurked around GS for a while and have learned a lot. Now it is time for me to ask just a few questions. :) I...

dannyDee
replies: 3 views: 956
Jeff Hayat 19th December 2012

Perfect with your morning coffee. Daily Film Scoring Bits - Hints, Tips and Tricks regarding Film Music | Robin Hoffmann

Benmrx
replies: 0 views: 962
Benmrx 17th December 2012

Hi, I m looking for some articles or tutorials for film music composer. the main chapters I m looking for are "Importance of...

Eq_1084
replies: 8 views: 2,618
Benmrx 17th December 2012

So I'm getting more into movie scoring after 25 years in the "regular" music biz. Debating with myself on what kind of...

gainreduction
replies: 12 views: 6,056
DAW PLUS 17th December 2012

I'm about 15% into a feature film. The film is going to be mixed in surround. I've noticed a few films where the music moves...

spiderman
replies: 3 views: 948
drBill 17th December 2012

Hey there, i'm going to purchase my first base library and need your advice. Until now i had the chance to try...

Busdriver
replies: 63 views: 10,672
EastWest Lurker 16th December 2012

Hey GS, long time lurker, first time posting here... I own a fairly new audio company, and every time I try to research the...

BombadeerStudios
replies: 7 views: 1,559
drBill 15th December 2012

Hi there, I am a music composer by heart and i want to start making some bucks with the help of my art. If you are interested...

guilhermelima95
replies: 4 views: 1,639
drBill 12th December 2012

I think this is the most appropriate Gearslutz forum for posting this announcement, but if an administrator feels it belongs...

Lotus 7
replies: 0 views: 792
Lotus 7 12th December 2012

Question: Whats the difference between a Music Library? A Sync Catalogue and a Song Catalogue? I heard a Music Supervisor on an...

FiloIm2edgy
replies: 1 views: 991
narcoman 11th December 2012

Does anyone know if we can post our projects we do on vimeo, or our website if the project used music library tracks - without...

amiller
replies: 4 views: 1,535
Jeff Hayat 10th December 2012

sTwpfUbkxcQ l6_kXgUqnZg fD9JjX-vhoo SP-hDPDk0CI jM5FOCSgqt8 6SGdvPk1q5g o_9uY1zXH54 pPf7N0WdmQo -nkeOljHnr...

GearAndGuitars
replies: 2 views: 3,021
muziksculp 10th December 2012

hey guys I got contracted to do a Score for a Film, Im a producer and own my recording studio. This will be my first score for a...

audioman
replies: 8 views: 2,063
eightyeightkeys 7th December 2012

hey guys, Any idea (ball park) from experience please, how much money we talking for royalties on a movie film score? DVD SALES...

redredstudio
replies: 5 views: 4,461
narcoman 7th December 2012

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the business of music licensing, and I'm a bit confused about the distinction between...

AnthonyRochester
replies: 1 views: 1,027
AnthonyRochester 21st October 2012
replies: 2 views: 1,154
FullFrequency 5th October 2012

So, working on something for a network and using their library music for the first time. It seems to me that a lot of the tracks...

freshstartfresh
replies: 5 views: 1,277
Etch-A-Sketch 27th September 2012

hi, what do you guys do eq-wize on a commercial music track for use in a TV advert? I used to leave the eq flat thinking a...

Dave12345
replies: 3 views: 1,628
soundfx 1st September 2012

I've been a professional music editor for ten years now, but I STILL can't figure out how to elegantly and quickly get access to...

NReichman
replies: 9 views: 1,654
NReichman 26th August 2012

I was watching this movie tonight and some parts especially the part when they beat Private Pyle up with soap to me sounds a lot...

the keester
replies: 4 views: 1,507
foodeater 21st August 2012

Dunno if this is the right part of the forum to ask this, but thought you post guys might know. We want to use some Marilyn...

Louis Bernstone
replies: 1 views: 1,609
georgia 1st August 2012

I'm not talking about the timpani. Here are a few movie/game soundtracks which have the drums/percussion which I'm interested...

zeno1191
replies: 9 views: 12,788
jdsowa 30th July 2012

Empire magazine stream: The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack! | Movie News | Empire

lineofcontrol
replies: 5 views: 1,656
teknatronik 12th July 2012

Working for a client lately (I'm doing 3D & motion graphics) that serves a niche cable market in the US targeting an audience...

valis
replies: 11 views: 2,778
geekowl 5th July 2012

Hi All, I have a good friend whose sister is a singer on Broadway. She is looking for a career change into VO and commercial...

minister
replies: 0 views: 856
minister 20th June 2012

Can you guys please tell me how is a good setting for mixing a concert in 5.1? Where to PLACE the Instruments AND...

zak7
replies: 6 views: 1,945
Cottage Lunch 13th June 2012

Any advice on how to break into the TV ad composing industry? I am an independent composer, don't live in LA or NY, but I would...

DavidG79
replies: 27 views: 4,609
UnderTow 13th June 2012

So I work with a lot of clients who produce videos for various things and usually they have no post sound guy, just an editor who...

Amber
replies: 4 views: 2,187
Henchman 8th June 2012

Hello, I'm in the process of scoring an independent film. We are in the stage of adding the score, and we're using Adobe...

lnealley
replies: 11 views: 1,841
Amber 6th June 2012

Hello guys! My name is Mike Kenneth Devine, I compose classical genre music and I have a few questions for professional...

mikedevine
replies: 4 views: 1,312
mikedevine 5th June 2012

Let's say u were capable of the most mind blowing soundscapes and soundtracks ..... Does that mean if u do that audio for a movie...

ChaosCreation
replies: 3 views: 978
nst7 30th May 2012

I was wondering what Daft Punk used on Tron for those basses and crazy leads. From the instruments I know they use I may think...

sentokan
replies: 78 views: 8,983
audiogeek 14th April 2012

Need something better than iTunes. Soundminer looks interesting. Any other suggestions?

J.P.
replies: 10 views: 5,674
J.P. 25th March 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search