The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 28 views: 30,005
narcoman 26th March 2019

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 4,502
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 8,236
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 30,937
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Our company is small. There is no pay, but you will get global recognition. Many opportunities for great and small to hear your...

oldwriterdude
replies: 36 views: 1,452
oldwriterdude 1 hour ago

I'm just finishing up composing a film score that the sound mixer wants stems for everything...I believe. I have only delivered...

quincyg
replies: 7 views: 380
Rook 3 hours ago

OR did they buy into a bubble, like crypto currency? I heard BMG was spending an exorbitant amount of money buying decent...

youngrichyrich
replies: 20 views: 1,216
Amber 9 hours ago

hey guys with all the talk lately of the industry been completely saturated i'm just wondering what are peoples opinions on which...

dannymc
replies: 3 views: 259
ohwell 10 hours ago

Do people ever have the audio portion of their YouTube videos distributed via digital distribution such as Catapult so that they...

Psy_Trance
replies: 2 views: 398
12ax7 1 day ago

I'd like to ask how licenced music for television and streaming can be made so incredibly fast yet so accurate? I've been...

Carrero
replies: 11 views: 944
TVPostSound 2 days ago

It was a long-standing dream of mine to get my music recorded by a really great orchestra. This year I turned that dream into...

Neutrino
replies: 0 views: 358
Neutrino 3 days ago

Right now I'm being asked to make 15, 30, and 60 second edits for some of my tracks for some libraries. How do you make these,...

livide
replies: 19 views: 2,535
Desire Inspires 4 days ago

PLEASE HELP!! Following setup and configuration: *2 Camcorders with internal Mics - 48khz *1 ZOOM H4N - 48khz *1 Pickup...

cononojoda
replies: 0 views: 243
cononojoda 4 days ago

Hey dudes, My studio is in the basement, across the hall I have a little cubby room/closet that basically is used to store...

orbiterred
replies: 42 views: 1,645
bgood 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 236 views: 16,455
DRAZERS 1 week ago

Hey guys, My name is Stephanie, I'm a long-time lurker I started an audio engineering job about a year ago for a company that...

TEFFMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 884
drBill 1 week ago

Hey Guys, I'm trying to start a website after using SC for years as a demo. Has anyone had copyright problems using network...

Danny Scott
replies: 0 views: 375
Danny Scott 1 week ago

Hi all, Today I published an open letter to raise awareness of the aggressive devaluation and exploitation that's currently...

lewis_foster
replies: 105 views: 5,307
Desire Inspires 1 week ago

Hey guys, how can I remake this music track from On the Go. If you don't know I use Cakewalk by BandLab to make music.

Ooglyeye
replies: 1 views: 431
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an application or a plug in for a video editor that can take a few sources and then just...

HSi
replies: 2 views: 386
HSi 1 week ago

You are a songwriter , ... you are waiting for a big chance , ... you are doing everything to get your song performed on a major...

G.K.
replies: 17 views: 1,103
drBill 1 week ago

For a newbie, what are the Top Music Library/Publishing companies you have done business with? I'm looking for someone who...

jokerone
replies: 161 views: 23,860
AlpacaRoom 1 week ago

Does anybody have experience in doing custom music for ad agencies? How was it compared to creating music for production music...

youngrichyrich
replies: 21 views: 993
ardis 1 week ago

Hi, Does anyone know how to make a video out of 1 photo - I just want one photo to fill all frames, set to some music. I've...

phillus
replies: 4 views: 484
phillus 2 weeks ago

I’m getting into the world of writing for picture, slowly but surely, and am contemplating mounting a TV on the wall behind my...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 4 views: 607
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

Is it normal to have 1 week with a final edit to score a 90 minute film? I had a composer working here and was shocked that they...

pw2005
replies: 6 views: 840
buzzlegs 2 weeks ago

Not good. "The musicians' national union has seen large drops in membership, less and less work under...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 1 views: 466
drBill 2 weeks ago

I am a Tunesat paying subscriber and have been for a long time. I wondered what other subscribers thought of the service. It just...

lornemalvo
replies: 19 views: 968
drBill 2 weeks ago

Hey all-- When I land gigs, the client usually wants me to read their mind--which pretty much never works. I have a 'try to read...

frizzy
replies: 11 views: 700
frizzy 2 weeks ago

Hey guys ! I thought I'd let all my fellow Gearslutz users know that the video game company Ubisoft Entertainment is looking for...

Sillyrobin
replies: 68 views: 5,159
Noisewagon 3 weeks ago

Hi, Edti: I mean Bigger in sted of Bagger ! I read the thread about how many composer on GS forum make a living with making...

Radiussound
replies: 5 views: 1,040
Chuck.dallas 3 weeks ago

Hi, I am fairly new in the music industry when in comes to PRO, I never had one. I am considering to become a member of...

Radiussound
replies: 1 views: 567
goodkeys 4 weeks ago

I made a quick search and was surprised that there weren’t any conversations about this. I am trying to see how common or...

DylanParade
replies: 62 views: 3,855
Deelanee 4 weeks ago

Hello, If I sign up as an artist with BMI I don’t get any mechanical royalties. If I submit my music to music libraries,...

Radiussound
replies: 2 views: 853
Radiussound 4 weeks ago

Do any of you use ISRC's or ISWC's with stems or only with the stereo master version -or do you not use them at all and leave it...

Deleted 11f77bb
replies: 21 views: 865
Deleted 11f77bb 4 weeks ago

In desperate need. I’ve called dozens of stores and trolled eBay and letgo for a month. I bought a 2016 MacBook Pro with 16gb...

jml designs
replies: 7 views: 785
jml designs 4 weeks ago

Hi, There are many many different tracklengths and genres to be found on music library catalogues as well as alt-versions of...

Radiussound
replies: 0 views: 448
Radiussound 4 weeks ago

I've been checking out the VI Control forum. I just looked, nothing else I swear ;) There seem to be a fair amount of members...

Amber
replies: 39 views: 5,327
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

Hi all, A rather large network is doing a new series and they are interested in using some already finished tracks of mine as...

audioloud
replies: 25 views: 1,606
audioloud 13th May 2019

Is it just me or is BMG Production Music UK not all that great in terms of results? I have more than an album's worth of music...

ohwell
replies: 21 views: 1,004
Amber 13th May 2019

Hi, I have a project coming up and I'm looking for an orchestrator who can help turn my solo cello recordings to score for an...

kamikaze
replies: 4 views: 607
kamikaze 12th May 2019

Per some advice from a co-writer, I recently switched from BMI collecting worldwide to BMI collecting US only and PRS collecting...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 698
NemisisLondon 12th May 2019

Greetings to all the helpful users of Music for Picture, Longtime reader first time poster! Searched this forum along with Music...

generic1988
replies: 25 views: 2,898
youngrichyrich 8th May 2019

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

Stojzz
replies: 23 views: 6,047
jonwright 7th May 2019

I've been working with an independent film company for the past few years doing composition, and they approached me today asking...

Flatrock
replies: 15 views: 989
peter5992 6th May 2019

Hey composers so i'd like to know others workflow Are you mixing as you produce or splitting the session in 2 to mix your...

Audio Child
replies: 11 views: 1,212
Volt9 4th May 2019

Hi guys, When I look to the wave-form of some tracks on music libraries I see the dynamics are very small at some section and...

Radiussound
replies: 5 views: 925
Etch-A-Sketch 4th May 2019

Hi People, I’m based in the UK and in the process of finishing up some material for submission to libraries. I have a few...

Uploaded
replies: 2 views: 557
Uploaded 3rd May 2019

Anyone familiar with this site, take any of their courses? Seems geared towards scoring & library music. Seems like they have...

dtmprod
replies: 0 views: 528
dtmprod 3rd May 2019

Question for anyone who may have insight into this, because I have not been able to find anything online really that speaks to...

casnc
replies: 4 views: 617
casnc 2nd May 2019

Hello, Apologies if this is not in the right location. I have recently been asked for a friend to mix the audio for a...

scampoli
replies: 4 views: 556
David Parfit 2nd May 2019

For song plays on broadcast tv, connected tv, radio, are there mechanical royalties? And I mean both songs used as music in...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 761
Jay Rose 30th April 2019

Late Sunday Rumor News on Music Dealers losing Coke deal and Liquidation. Files Bankruptcy. Twitter page is now done >>...

watchmanmusic
replies: 130 views: 12,490
PeteGJ 30th April 2019

Below is a wonderful youtube video (in two parts) on how Alan Silvestri used Cubase and Dorico to write and orchestrate the music...

peter5992
replies: 1 views: 811
Dale Turner 29th April 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search