The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,194
Views: 2,194
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 10 views: 391
Etch-A-Sketch 1 hour ago

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 22,497
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 23,540
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Yay! Or not :/ Received this email: Hello Jeffrey! We are thrilled to notify you of your 2018 ASCAP Screen Award. This...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 21 views: 497
Jeff Hayat 58 minutes ago

I've been using Tunesat to track the music I have in a few libraries. It detected several placements in Q2/Q3 2017 that did not...

oymusic
replies: 2 views: 284
drBill 6 hours ago

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 10 views: 562
pettah93 14 hours ago

Hey all-- I've seen many of you ask a variation of "I'm super talented, so why can't I find work?" -- my question is...

frizzy
replies: 16 views: 1,019
elegentdrum 19 hours ago

These will be mostly pads, maybe lead, bass things. It's all experimentation trying to put my arsenal of guitar pedals to use. I...

Amber
replies: 11 views: 495
Sam Watson 1 day ago

Hi, everyone. It is hard for me to just explain what type of tracks I am talking about, so I will paste one youtube...

mlll
replies: 4 views: 339
mlll 1 day ago

Hey Guys, Maybe this question should be in a regular mixing forum but I know Dr. Bill, Etch and the crew would be able to help....

Danny Scott
replies: 15 views: 716
Etch-A-Sketch 2 days ago

What's the process for correcting this problem? I have two feature films streaming on Prime... neither have submitted cue...

spiderman
replies: 2 views: 337
jeffc 2 days ago

for YOU to own a studio with tangible NON-SOFTWARE tools for making music. No judgements, no right or wrong, but this is...

drBill
replies: 30 views: 1,189
drBill 5 days ago

continuation from here : Is it legal to rescore a scene from an FX show for a youtube demo? I dont think it was a good...

gsilbers
replies: 5 views: 442
drBill 5 days ago

Where can I get the dialogue stems for movie trailers from. I know some universities get them given but I can’t find any...

DarkChicken
replies: 2 views: 326
narcoman 5 days ago

Christian Henson from Spitfire audio posted this video today. What's your views on it? Particularly, do you have a...

Arcana
replies: 16 views: 613
Arcana 6 days ago

YouTube Wow - this track and arrangement is so simplistic/minimalistic, yet so damn catching! Any idea why the bass-line sounds...

freshdax
replies: 11 views: 448
Etch-A-Sketch 6 days ago

The Thomas Newman thread made me realize there's quite a lot of his films I'd only ever watch again for the music. And there's...

badmark
replies: 62 views: 1,534
tritace 6 days ago

For a demo reel, I wanted to rescore a scene from a show originally seen on the FX channel. Would this be illegal to upload to...

thevisi0nary
replies: 42 views: 721
narcoman 6 days ago

Hi, It would be very interesting to hear your opinions on the new Spitfire Audio Hans Zimmer Strings Library. Hans Zimmer...

muziksculp
replies: 46 views: 1,702
pentagon 1 week ago

Interested in suggestions for where music can be hosted for the purpose of approaching libraries with examples of your...

Chamomile Shark
replies: 36 views: 2,063
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

man, those sounds bring tears to my eyes :,) how do you think they were made? FM? Romplers? It was made in Japan in 1992.

youngpadawan42
replies: 0 views: 247
youngpadawan42 1 week ago

My statement was around the average for me. Anybody got more money? Less money? Any other surprises?

Desire Inspires
replies: 4 views: 540
RKMusic 1 week ago

Just re-discovered this soundtrack. I played this game a ton when I was a young teen. You could put the CD in a CD player and...

Amber
replies: 24 views: 4,307
stolearm 1 week ago

Every time I hear a commercial with someone whistling a tune I think what are the ad agency's thinking? Is it appealing to our...

dan p
replies: 28 views: 2,886
12ax7 1 week ago

Anyone else here read the book? I am pretty excited for the movie. It is a clever plot device which should allow Silvestri...

Sam Watson
replies: 14 views: 875
kslight 1 week ago

...as written earlier, I slowly want to get away from that RF mass market, while still keeping all my old tracks RF. But...

freshdax
replies: 43 views: 1,492
PetM 2 weeks ago

Hi! I´m looking for a 50s movies "space age/disney" choir sample library. Dunno if anyone has ever made one. The...

ClintSpector
replies: 2 views: 353
ClintSpector 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, have been selling a lot of syncs lately and as always: to spot the end usage can get pretty hard! The only easy...

freshdax
replies: 11 views: 1,096
freshdax 2 weeks ago

I hear they are doing a reboot with Denzel Washington. He was awesome in "Man On Fire", which had some great Trent...

Noisewagon
replies: 6 views: 451
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

YouTube I have a couple cinematic drum sample libraries but I can't seem to find anything like this in them. Extremely...

Heyhellosup
replies: 4 views: 359
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

(Kind of) So I, like many other composers starting off, began on Audiojungle. I had no idea what I was doing at the time; I just...

Philososaxter
replies: 55 views: 5,011
spiderman 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, anyone know of other forums more for composers/producers who have to write/record/produce for TV commercials and TV...

hoveneverslackin
replies: 11 views: 5,958
spiderman 3 weeks ago

Hi All, I have a few hundred music tracks for which I need to add tags and data and wondering how to do this and develop a...

eromain
replies: 8 views: 551
gsilbers 3 weeks ago

I really started following film music after hearing Thomas Newman... over the years he's someone I've returned too as an...

spiderman
replies: 15 views: 5,837
spiderman 3 weeks ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 334 views: 15,377
OddTimeGrinder 3 weeks ago

This isn't necessarily a depressing post, but a pragmatic one. I do a good deal of research listening to production library...

Desire Inspires
replies: 57 views: 3,359
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

Sometimes it really hits me. I am down in sunny FL this week doing Disney with the kids, visiting the in-laws, and most...

Sam Watson
replies: 17 views: 1,041
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

Quick deadline, short teaser trailer. I'll probably integrate with some stuff from scratch, but any recommendations for...

astronmr20
replies: 2 views: 421
astronmr20 4 weeks ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 15 views: 2,020
sulblk27 4 weeks ago

I wanted to register several tracks at BMI and the formular says the maximum writers share should not exceed 200%, which makes...

freshdax
replies: 4 views: 397
freshdax 4 weeks ago

Hi, I don't know if this thread suits here, but anyways... I have 30+ songs on my "stock" and I want to sell it. The...

Stojzz
replies: 21 views: 1,076
RKMusic 4 weeks ago

Hi Folks, I'm trying to add background acoustic guitars for a new short film music I am making. I am having a hard time mixing...

Badi
replies: 12 views: 674
guinea 4 weeks ago

Has anyone had any experience in licensing music via https://www.musicgateway.net/ ? They've been around for several years...

Letstalksync
replies: 90 views: 10,767
Letstalksync 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone Just a quick question about tv royalties. I am fairly new to the library music business, but since a few month I...

goodkeys
replies: 24 views: 1,418
Desire Inspires 15th March 2018

Hey guys, I am using the newest Albion One Spitfire and notice that just 1 nki patch is sometimes taking 2 minutes to load up...

Danny Scott
replies: 11 views: 656
Danny Scott 14th March 2018

Hi, I just recently became another mail for an pretty much unusual project. The client is sort of a magician and wants 4:00...

freshdax
replies: 25 views: 1,091
Noisewagon 13th March 2018

I have about 15 TV commercials that came up on Tunesat. Most are a French TV network, but one is ABC. I haven't received any...

AmbientOne
replies: 1 views: 403
Jeff Hayat 10th March 2018

I placed a song in a French TV production, but can't find which show it is in. BMI already sent the check, but I'm curious what...

AmbientOne
replies: 2 views: 389
AmbientOne 9th March 2018

I am a seasoned composer, songwriter and sound designer with over 20+ years of experience writing in just about every musical...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 66 views: 3,608
Noisewagon 7th March 2018

hi, i am about to design console desk for my MackieMCU&XT, monitor controller, double CD remote, patch bays, etc... if I...

D2K
replies: 4 views: 399
D2K 6th March 2018

Hey guys, just found out that one of my tracks has been used in an episode of „Gotham“, as a background music in a scene,...

implant
replies: 25 views: 907
implant 6th March 2018

Searching for a tv programme that may be famous in certain circles, or it may be a total unknown. Could you guys please help me...

MusicEasel
replies: 0 views: 272
MusicEasel 6th March 2018

Hello, although this is a technical issue, i hope some of you can share your experence with video output in Cubase 9. My...

noisekeeper
replies: 0 views: 250
noisekeeper 6th March 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search