The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 28 views: 29,004
narcoman 4 weeks ago

ADAM Audio Announces their 2018 Soundtrack Competition Grand Prize is Custom-Made Pair of ADAM A8X & Other Prizes...

The Press Desk
replies: 1 views: 3,561
Mechanikproject 8th November 2018

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 7,261
guinea 25th April 2018

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 29,976
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Don't know what the implications are, but 150,000 fully owned tracks is sizable. At a purchase price of $215M, if they were using...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 40 views: 1,316
Amber 37 minutes ago

Hi guys, I need some education on some parts of the music industry, that why I love these kind of forums, so I can learn....

Radiussound
replies: 1 views: 241
drBill 2 hours ago

Hi all, A rather large network is doing a new series and they are interested in using some already finished tracks of mine as...

audioloud
replies: 12 views: 885
mattiasnyc 8 hours ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 349 views: 19,544
Desire Inspires 8 hours ago

Hi guys, When I look to the wave-form of some tracks on music libraries I see the dynamics are very small at some section and...

Radiussound
replies: 4 views: 512
d.dot 17 hours ago

Hi Everyone, This issue just came up with me and so I figured I'd share with everyone. If you are writing music for use...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 153 views: 7,745
Danny Scott 22 hours ago

Hi guys, Jesse Josefsson is helping people out to be successful as a composer in the Production Music world. He states he...

Radiussound
replies: 4 views: 456
Radiussound 1 day ago

Hey dudes, My studio is in the basement, across the hall I have a little cubby room/closet that basically is used to store...

orbiterred
replies: 38 views: 1,161
Lunch and bell 3 days ago

Lots of libraries in UK are doing the 50/50 sync mode, nothing up front. I don't buy it. I'm with a few and the returns have been...

Amber
replies: 10 views: 662
ohwell 4 days ago

Hi all, My friend Kenny is putting together a really handy guidebook on being a composer's assistant in Los Angeles. He's...

kmaster
replies: 18 views: 999
Jeff Hayat 4 days ago

Hey all, I've just received my first offer to put an album together for an exclusive library in-perpetuity, and I was curious how...

Lloyd Gross
replies: 25 views: 1,116
Desire Inspires 5 days ago

Hi everyone, straight question: have you heard of anyone getting sued for sampling old records in music licensing? To...

BrunoChulapi
replies: 71 views: 2,493
drBill 5 days ago

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 15 views: 3,042
johnwasson 6 days ago

Hello all! I was wondering is anyone is willing to share good libraries that also focus on EDM kind of music? I try to...

Volt9
replies: 5 views: 435
Volt9 6 days ago

Hi to you all! I am new to this forum, building a database to be posted on music librarie(s). I’d like to know if there are...

Radiussound
replies: 2 views: 323
drBill 6 days ago

Hey All, You see more often that they add midi files of the samples and or sample combinations in the samples packs. I...

Volt9
replies: 8 views: 472
Volt9 1 week ago

Hey! I'm currently with Universal & EMI music libraries but i'm looking to branch out into a few more. After some research...

russelljarvis
replies: 2 views: 628
pianowillbebach 1 week ago

Does anyone know who does E Entertainment Network's music? I have a number of connections with full pop song libraries, but I did...

maxiedaniels
replies: 2 views: 476
pianowillbebach 1 week ago

Some interesting insights: Ennio Morricone settles old scores with ‘simplistic’ directors | Music | The...

badmark
replies: 4 views: 866
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Hey composers so i'd like to know others workflow Are you mixing as you produce or splitting the session in 2 to mix your...

Audio Child
replies: 10 views: 769
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

Hi, I have recently learned that several top-notch composers such as Wagner or Berlioz were quite limited at playing piano....

Donedeal0
replies: 10 views: 709
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

hey everyone, I recently mixed a film in 5.1 surround using logic x. when i listen in the box w/ waves nx plugin, everything...

alreno
replies: 0 views: 348
alreno 1 week ago

I have work up on Extreme Music, which I've placed via a guy I know who oversees multiple composers/topliners/etc. He takes a...

maxiedaniels
replies: 10 views: 855
Etch-A-Sketch 1 week ago

Hey everyone, Some people I know had their ASCAP writer checks drop 50%+ since last quarter. I believe I know why this...

JohnFulford
replies: 116 views: 5,325
youngrichyrich 2 weeks ago

Just re-discovered this soundtrack. I played this game a ton when I was a young teen. You could put the CD in a CD player and...

Amber
replies: 25 views: 5,565
stolearm 2 weeks ago

Yay! Or not :/ Received this email: Hello Jeffrey! We are thrilled to notify you of your 2018 ASCAP Screen Award. This...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 36 views: 2,114
implant 2 weeks ago

Wondering if anyone has some experience or thoughts on this: I'm pondering using a small number of string players (4-8) and...

david bowies mom
replies: 46 views: 1,143
Dale Turner 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I think there's no need to write something more than just paste the link below (posted it on this forum, because...

Ovee
replies: 10 views: 889
lornemalvo 2 weeks ago

A wonderful resource, and John Powell just posted many more videos online. AwJaegi34WQ

peter5992
replies: 2 views: 638
peter5992 2 weeks ago

Per some advice from a co-writer, I recently switched from BMI collecting worldwide to BMI collecting US only and PRS collecting...

maxiedaniels
replies: 0 views: 344
maxiedaniels 2 weeks ago

I want to use a pre-existing brass riff in a project I'm working on, but I don't know where it's from and therefore whether it's...

Markaholic
replies: 5 views: 465
stonzthro 2 weeks ago

I placed a track in a show on Hulu ( my one and only placement in 15 years !). A friend was telling me that the royalties for...

bluearrows
replies: 9 views: 677
JohnFulford 2 weeks ago

Hey Guys, I'm in the process of creating my own website after years of relying on SC as my demo page. On other composer's...

Danny Scott
replies: 4 views: 464
Danny Scott 2 weeks ago

Just thought I would see if anyone else has problems understanding dialogue in TV or movie productions. Many times as a person...

brightshine
replies: 11 views: 909
JPogo 3 weeks ago

Got an offer to do a full album for Sonoton. I know they are a big house and heard good things about them - could any of you good...

implant
replies: 63 views: 2,280
lornemalvo 3 weeks ago

:deth:yingyang:deth: Project Release : STARCADIAN YouTube

AfterViewer
replies: 0 views: 374
AfterViewer 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 129 views: 8,458
typical user 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, have been selling a lot of syncs lately and as always: to spot the end usage can get pretty hard! The only easy...

freshdax
replies: 13 views: 1,930
thesecession 3 weeks ago

I finally got the best sync I've had yet. A 0:50 background vocal on a cable network known for its prestige dramas. I have 200%...

xamatsni
replies: 28 views: 1,196
drBill 3 weeks ago

lots of TV shows use hit songs from the past/present to great effect. But what shows do you consider have great original sound...

Dave.R
replies: 32 views: 2,277
Noisewagon 3 weeks ago

I have my subgroups setup in my Logic session, drums, strings, etc which are all routed to the master stereo out. My mix bus is...

d.dot
replies: 6 views: 644
d.dot 4 weeks ago

I was wondering if anyone here use guitar virtual instruments and if yes, how realistic do they actually sound? I never really...

Mrx
replies: 9 views: 834
RKMusic 4 weeks ago

Anybody using any of these online sample sites? I used a free trial to download some kick and snare samples. I did notice that...

Danny Scott
replies: 36 views: 4,434
devestone 4 weeks ago

Searching for a tv programme that may be famous in certain circles, or it may be a total unknown. Could you guys please help me...

MusicEasel
replies: 23 views: 1,162
peter5992 4 weeks ago

Hi all, First time poster here. Thanks for all the information you've all have been sharing here, it's been a great...

Dlitus
replies: 8 views: 621
BrunoChulapi 4 weeks ago

Hi, I've read on numerous occasions that if you want to put a composer/sound design reel together but don't have any commissioned...

rok4u2
replies: 11 views: 1,788
mattiasnyc 4 weeks ago

Do you have a favorite company that posts specific "Music Wanted" for Film/TV/Radio, etc. Similar to Songtradr or Taxi....

jokerone
replies: 42 views: 10,644
SpikeWolf 4 weeks ago

Hi I'm planning on creating instrumental beats to lease out to other rappers and vocalists on a non-exclusive basis via a site...

Lord Lav
replies: 4 views: 447
VitaEtMusica 4 weeks ago

Hi all, Can someone recommend me few good sites for music licensing? Itunes and Songtrust are giving me pennies. :( I produce...

veks
replies: 2 views: 486
veks 4 weeks ago

Hi there, I´m mostly a live musician, but have had the chance to do some stuff for films and/or visual clips as well....

jatzemann
replies: 5 views: 583
Jeff Hayat 20th March 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search