The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Music For Picture

Sub forums RSS Feed for Music For Picture
Music For Games
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 11 views: 1,066
guinea 4 weeks ago

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 26 views: 23,051
lornemalvo 18th July 2017

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 24,107
Shockwave 6th November 2015

...the following, simple, hypothetic (!) scenario: -I have a pretty amazing sounding orchestral track, for which I didn't used a...

freshdax
replies: 2 views: 56
freshdax 1 hour ago

I know this is information that many may not want to share, but I`m looking to write for more briefs this year, rather than just...

Josh Rose
replies: 15 views: 823
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I just found out Shutterstock.com has a music licensing section - anyone have any experience with it? I've read plenty here...

smilinjames
replies: 2 views: 315
freshdax 1 hour ago

Hey guys! Quick, simple question: If I have a track already registered at my PRO, will it also cover the douzens short...

freshdax
replies: 1 views: 45
drBill 1 hour ago

Hey folks, Does anybody have any recommendations for having a lyric video made? I know I could make one myself but I'd...

bodega.
replies: 0 views: 322
bodega. 1 day ago

Right now I'm in the very early stages of being a composer. I've been a dj/producer for many years, so I'm using that knowledge...

djshire
replies: 12 views: 712
Sam Watson 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I have had a music library reach out to me and ask if I'd be interested in writing and submitting music to...

jmtrujillo
replies: 2 views: 376
Jeff Hayat 1 day ago

Hey guys! I work with Getty Music but their site has been down for like 2 months. Anyone else having this issue or know what's...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 27 views: 1,193
Desire Inspires 3 days ago

If you have a few hours to kill ... this is absolutely hysterical. Crass jokes, references to pop culture and classic movies and...

peter5992
replies: 1 views: 321
Desire Inspires 3 days ago

What among your studio or writing gear has survived the test of time? Not talking about "old" gear that you recently...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 18 views: 627
AuntieWarhol 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm looking for a mixing engineer who works in a 5.1 environment (or composer) and has their own set up to shadow....

composerken
replies: 5 views: 470
narcoman 6 days ago

Was at a talk recently hosted by a publishing company and one of their writers was talking about typically getting sync fees of...

PetM
replies: 17 views: 861
narcoman 6 days ago

Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1encCa5TU Hello all, I know such questions are really difficult to answer and not...

jjitter
replies: 5 views: 389
jjitter 6 days ago

What's the process for correcting this problem? I have two feature films streaming on Prime... neither have submitted cue...

spiderman
replies: 6 views: 635
spiderman 1 week ago

What are some of the things you do to find inspiration when you want to work on new music?

Moda3rd
replies: 19 views: 1,232
Amber 1 week ago

Hey, did the music & sound design for this 900ft projection in Bahrain Bay for Gulf Air as they launch the new Boeing...

buzzlegs
replies: 11 views: 550
buzzlegs 1 week ago

Just a question which has been on my mind for a bit: How much of this old-school academic I-IV-V/I-II-V stuff when it comes to...

color
replies: 55 views: 2,261
color 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I just got an email from one of my absolute all time favorite music libraries saying I may have some money...

JohnFulford
replies: 22 views: 1,405
G.K. 1 week ago

Hi everyone! I'm urgently looking for a legacy installer of Sonnox's Oxford EQ+GML plugin, generation 5, version 2.xx. HDX or...

MariusH
replies: 1 views: 307
MariusH 1 week ago

Ok, so I've been a music producer for many years, I have a lot of songs and pieces of music. I've never really done much with...

commodore
replies: 2 views: 476
commodore 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I was wondering about your approach on publishing. Let's take for granted we all make usable music and now we want to...

guinea
replies: 34 views: 1,744
teza788 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone Just a quick question about tv royalties. I am fairly new to the library music business, but since a few month I...

goodkeys
replies: 25 views: 1,687
Adrian Cook 2 weeks ago

I'm involved in a small project to produce a short video review of a small promo/social event for a cycling sports product. We...

Sanchez
replies: 23 views: 1,105
Sanchez 2 weeks ago

It seems that I cant figure out an easy flow "omni" Midi way or any other way to control my Close, room and Surround...

Psypunk
replies: 0 views: 279
Psypunk 2 weeks ago

I need some opinions here and how you would approach a placement that was never paid. Here's the deal: I wrote a 30 second...

Danny Scott
replies: 9 views: 594
Jeff Hayat 2 weeks ago

Has anyone had any experience registering works with ISNI yet? Anyone know how the implementation of the ISNI ID system will...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 0 views: 359
VitaEtMusica 2 weeks ago

Looking to buy the "Avengers: Infinity War" OST Deluxe Edition, but can't seem to find the CD (I really do not want to...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 12 views: 615
Dale Turner 2 weeks ago

Hi guys. This is my unofficial song on lexus LC 2017 Tv commercial. I created this to test my abilities in the feild of...

Damonarmani
replies: 6 views: 572
Damonarmani 2 weeks ago

I like the music for picture forum. there are very talented and exprienced folks hanging out here... but it seems that half of...

gsilbers
replies: 6 views: 523
Etch-A-Sketch 2 weeks ago

Here on GS there is lots of talk about gear.. (duh) but.. I'd like to discus styles and influences. I thought it might be fun to...

ataylor
replies: 0 views: 310
ataylor 3 weeks ago

Hello all In just under a months time I'm travelling over to LA from the UK in search of an assistant position with a composer...

JarrodRoylesAtki
replies: 31 views: 1,516
Dale Turner 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, I just checked my ASCAP dashboard and saw a new work registered, called 'Judge Judy Cues'. It was created by ASCAP...

implant
replies: 4 views: 440
implant 3 weeks ago

It's not often I produce a video for my music, usually it's some for some background music to go along with my interface...

scottym
replies: 0 views: 282
scottym 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone. The reason I'm posting this here is because I'm going for a specific theme and I feel that is something film...

kullboys
replies: 8 views: 571
Sharp11 3 weeks ago

I liked the perspective of the trailer. I'll be interested to see the final product. Seems to have a good / fair grasp on...

drBill
replies: 12 views: 609
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

Hey all, From time to time I try to let everyone know when there is an event. This one I found out about is in NYC. so...

Etch-A-Sketch
replies: 0 views: 294
Etch-A-Sketch 3 weeks ago

As a public service announcement : Music won’t make you cash… I’m going to put up a new website :...

drBill
replies: 59 views: 4,397
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

The John Fulfords of the world, the Panauh Kalayeh, Raphael Lake, Aaron Levy, Marc Ferrari, Skinny Williams' of the world. How...

usainmahmud
replies: 5 views: 761
usainmahmud 3 weeks ago

For those of you writing/producing for TV, if you're contracting out to a singer or rapper are you: 1) Paying an upfront...

PDXOR
replies: 17 views: 536
G.K. 4 weeks ago

Anyone see this guy on youtube? More so, anyone ever worked with/for him? What's your take?

SpikeWolf
replies: 343 views: 16,104
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

Hey all-- I've seen many of you ask a variation of "I'm super talented, so why can't I find work?" -- my question is...

frizzy
replies: 17 views: 1,228
frizzy 4 weeks ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 30 views: 1,575

Every time I hear a commercial with someone whistling a tune I think what are the ad agency's thinking? Is it appealing to our...

dan p
replies: 28 views: 3,097
Beefheartvliet 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I've been digging information from this forum for quite a while but at this moment I am in need of some help regarding...

CarlosVerde
replies: 1 views: 418
Dana_T. 4 weeks ago

(Kind of) So I, like many other composers starting off, began on Audiojungle. I had no idea what I was doing at the time; I just...

Philososaxter
replies: 56 views: 5,363
boinkeee2000 4 weeks ago

I've been using Tunesat to track the music I have in a few libraries. It detected several placements in Q2/Q3 2017 that did not...

oymusic
replies: 9 views: 736
oymusic 4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, I've been finding these two growing questions in my mind and I thought I'd ask you all for your thoughts: What is a...

clearside
replies: 2 views: 473

Yay! Or not :/ Received this email: Hello Jeffrey! We are thrilled to notify you of your 2018 ASCAP Screen Award. This...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 27 views: 855
Etch-A-Sketch 20th April 2018

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 10 views: 687
pettah93 19th April 2018

These will be mostly pads, maybe lead, bass things. It's all experimentation trying to put my arsenal of guitar pedals to use. I...

Amber
replies: 11 views: 610
Sam Watson 18th April 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search